What's new

Joe Biden picks Sen. Kamala Harris to be his vice presidential running mate

She, herself says she is just American. She is more of a politician; toeing the local party line to stay elected more so then a far left operative like the progressives. Once in DC she could go more center-left to center-right on some issues as her financial backers are the Silicon Valley tech elites like Bezos and Wall Street bankers. Losing the support of Left wing social groups can undo her support in the 2022 midterm elections and from then on she would be a lame duck, so she would stay center-left.

She will need to retain her civil rights roots allies to hold onto a reliable base for her policies should Biden pass away during his term. (her name means Lotus flower, petals above water while roots deep in the river bed) I agree she would be more of a Bill Clinton then an Obama, opportunistic foreign policy and building new alliances. I don’t see her helping either Modi or Congress (directly), but rather extending a policy where India will have to toe the US line if it wants help in countering China. For all the talk of Pakistan working for China, a Biden/Harris presidency would extend the option of India working for the US, versus Trump’s handoff policy. Considering the nature of the threat, Should Biden win, India would take the deal and purchase large amount of weapons on a “ToT” basis off course :azn:, but to keep their allies in the US happy, the Indians may have to accept human rights interference in matter like Kashmir, and the minorities in India. Nothing is for free and everyone has a domestic audience they need to please back home. Modi may not be willing to accept this deal and Congress would, which in a way could help them win the next election, if at the cost of some of India’s sovereignty.

She is potentially very dangerous to a Hindutuva India, but a potentially great partner to Congress version of a pluralistic India. She is not a Tulsi Gabbard, who is dyed in the wool a Saffron Soldier at heart.

Pakistan was a darling of America for much of the mid-20th century. In fact, relations with India were frosty during Indira Gandhi's era.

I believe with Democrats regaining power (and that lunatic Trump out of picture), Pakistan might find itself back in the US sphere, much to the chagrin of India's Hindutva fascist government.

It's just that I think Kamala Harris is a lightweight unknown quantity (even Trump says that much).

I guess anyone is better than Trump.

Kamala harris is tamil/black african american - thats her nationality

1. Pakistan was a darling of America for much of the mid-20th century. In fact, relations with India were frosty during Indira Gandhi's era.
I believe with Democrats regaining power (and that lunatic Trump out of picture), Pakistan might find itself back in the US sphere, much to the chagrin of India's Hindutva fascist government.

It's just that I think Kamala Harris is a lightweight unknown quantity (even Trump says that much).

I guess anyone is better than Trump.

Pakistan was a “security” darling until 1965, and then a moderate security darling till 1971, when it went into the cold until 1979 for the transactional relationship pattern of the 1980s. In the 90s Pakistan was financially weak and the US had emerged out of the Cold War as a hyper-power. Pakistan supported the Somalia campaign (through its UN peacekeepers) to stay in the US’s good graces, but still faced the Pressler amendment for the F-16s. Interests converged again in 2001, but once the pull out of Afghanistan, Pakistan will be a foreign policy backwater for the US. Pakistan doesn’t want to be a foreign policy issue but a larger trade partner. So influence in Pakistan will be economic and less security oriented, because Pakistan will find a way to maintain its needed security needs (through allies like China and Turkey) as long as it has the finances.

The democrat party is rapidly changing. progressives may not be at the table but the hold up some of the legs of that table, so they need to be appeased to keep them in the big democratic tent. More money for Domestic spending and cut to defense spending will cause a pull back from all but the main commitments; Russia and China, allowing local partners to take up more of the burden, for which the democrats should begrudgingly thank Trump. The democrats will build up the party with the growing percentage of minorities in the country, especially if they go left like the Puerto Rican’s and not right wing like the older Cubans, which reflects the trend of Latinos assimilating into the current liberal culture of the US. In 20 years, non-whites are expected to make up half of the US population of approx. 400 million people.

Your right, She is a lightweight and an unknown quantity; all the more reason to believe she will be the puppet of her handlers, and could be convinced to focus on one foreign policy target over another. There is a reason it is believed Russia backs Trump and Iran/China back Biden.

Trump was elected to fulfill an agenda. He has laid out the agenda, and if his party doesn’t hold both houses of Congress, he won’t be able to get what he wants done in a second term. His backers have gotten as far as they can get with him, especially with the trillions in bailouts, and the only point of his re-election is for these backers to hold on to their gains; I.e. no new taxes. Should Biden win, he will need to find funding to “Build Back Better”. So for many, yes, Anyone is better then Trump.

Last edited:
Pakistan was a “security” darling until 1965, and then a moderate security darling till 1971, when it went into the cold until 1979 for the transactional relationship pattern of the 1980s. In the 90s Pakistan was financially weak and the US had emerged out of the Cold War as a hyper-power. Pakistan supported the Somalia campaign (through its UN peacekeepers) to stay in the US’s good graces, but still faced the Pressler amendment for the F-16s. Interests converged again in 2001, but once the pull out of Afghanistan, Pakistan will be a foreign policy backwater for the US. Pakistan doesn’t want to be a foreign policy issue but a larger trade partner. So influence in Pakistan will be economic and less security oriented, because Pakistan will find a way to maintain its needed security needs (through allies like China and Turkey) as long as it has the finances.

The democrat party is rapidly changing. progressives may not be at the table but the hold up some of the legs of that table, so they need to be appeased to keep them in the big democratic tent. More money for Domestic spending and cut to defense spending will cause a pull back from all but the main commitments; Russia and China, allowing local partners to take up more of the burden, for which the democrats should begrudgingly thank Trump. The democrats will build up the party with the growing percentage of minorities in the country, especially if they go left like the Puerto Rican’s and not right wing like the older Cubans, which reflects the trend of Latinos assimilating into the current liberal culture of the US. In 20 years, non-whites are expected to make up half of the US population of approx. 400 million people.

Your right, She is a lightweight and an unknown quantity; all the more reason to believe she will be the puppet of her handlers, and could be convinced to focus on one foreign policy target over another. There is a reason it is believed Russia backs Trump and Iran/China back Biden.

Trump was elected to fulfill an agenda. He has laid out the agenda, and if his party doesn’t hold both houses of Congress, he won’t be able to get what he wants done in a second term. His backers have gotten as far as they can get with him, especially with the trillions in bailouts, and the only point of his re-election is for these backers to hold on to their gains; I.e. no new taxes. Should Biden win, he will need to find funding to “Build Back Better”. So for many, yes, Anyone is better then Trump.

I'm impressed with your post. Unlike some of the reactionary posters on here, your response is so well-measured. Great knowing you....let me remember your ID for future tagging as you're a great poster to interact with.

I think Trump will easily win the re-election like a cake walk. Lets wait for 90 days and revisit this post.

I actually think you are right. Trump has enough time to make up for anti-incumbency.

@FuturePAF

As I said, Kamala Harris is a lightweight. I think only a miracle can see Biden/Harris upset Trump's con job ailities. Their combination is weaker than Hillary Clinton/(whoever was the VP pick back then)

I actually think you are right. Trump has enough time to make up for anti-incumbency.

@FuturePAF

As I said, Kamala Harris is a lightweight. I think only a miracle can see Biden/Harris upset Trump's con job ailities. Their combination is weaker than Hillary Clinton/(whoever was the VP pick back then)
Thanks

for the very reason that we can’t remember her running mate’s name, you can tell he was an afterthought. Kamala on the other hand, while a lightweight was picked to appeal to certain demographics (“representation”) and “energize the base”, as well as a new “character to entertain the masses”.

The media will try to weave a great narrative for Kamala to get people “energized”, something like Obama’s back story.

For a population worried about their economic future first and foremost, this election is Trump’s to lose. A vote for Biden/Harris is just a referendum on Trump.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a trouble path ahead for Pakistan and Pakistanis. Democrats are inclined heavily towards bhartis. Republicans are kinda neutral with slight lean towards Pakistan due to military and history.

Democrats and that also someone like Kamala...not a good sign at all.

Unfortunately a trouble path ahead for Pakistan and Pakistanis. Democrats are inclined heavily towards bhartis. Republicans are kinda neutral with slight lean towards Pakistan due to military and history.

Democrats and that also someone like Kamala...not a good sign at all.

But with Modi and his ilk in charge of India and Imran khan and his team in charge of Pakistan, we have a chance at a good PR campaign could mitigate the impact a Democrat government could have on Pakistan.

from the changing demographics and the progressive/SJW groups growing inside the Democratic Party, there maybe a way to present our narrative, to balance out US influence in the region. With Trump Anti-globalization push, an increase in trade would have taken time, but with the democrats, there is a chance we could get more access to the US market once this pandemic is under control.

With the security concerns winding down vis a vi the US and Afghanistan, Pakistan needs to pivot the relationship to trade. If Pakistan plays its cards right, it could be allowed to export more to the US under a Democrat government. Although, you are right, with democrats you need to be cautious. They go where the political winds blow them (or where their financial backers direct them towards), unlike republicans with a more solid set of goals and interests.

Kamala harris is tamil/black african american - thats her nationality

she is Jamaican heritage . American .

She also talks of the racism she suffered at the hands of Indian Hindus growing up and how she was accepted by the African American community as one of there own . Which she is a proud strong black woman

Virtue signalling rubbish.

If I was American I would vote Trump just to keep these snakes out of power. Trump is an honest man, honestly deluded, but still honest.
If there was a race for being stupid, you my friend would be miles ahead of everyone vying a gold medal in that race.

she is Jamaican heritage . American .

She also talks of the racism she suffered at the hands of Indian Hindus growing up and how she was accepted by the African American community as one of there own . Which she is a proud strong black woman
So she is a low caste who suffered at the hands of the Hindutva Brahmins. If she becomes VP or even POTUS, she is going to wipe out the Brahmins from the face of the planet.

So she is a low caste who suffered at the hands of the Hindutva Brahmins. If she becomes VP or even POTUS, she is going to wipe out the Brahmins from the face of the planet.
listen pal. go find a journal in PLA library to read.

Virtue signalling rubbish.

If I was American I would vote Trump just to keep these snakes out of power. Trump is an honest man, honestly deluded, but still honest.
TiT is a moron, an embicile of epic proportions. He needs to be in a ward being examined for mental illness. Give a monkey matches and he will burn down his own house. that is exactly what has been happening.

But the house he is burning is going to affect others.

I will be glad once he is thrown out of power.

Back
Top Bottom