What's new

JioPhone will be available for an effective price of Rs 0

How good is their 4 G service ; Any idea
It's ok. I have used their broadband which is beta in parts of Bombay and it is extremely fast. The data speeds with 4g are reasonably good - I use their MiFi device while traveling. I would still pay a premium for Airtel - because they have excellent international roaming plans and their service is extremely good. But in rural India and smaller towns, Jio is going to make a major dent.

Make a phone is not problem in this world.
Chips, screen, main board are open to sell.
With money you can build phones any time.

While make a phone success in the market is completely different.
Building a CKD plant in India does not solve the supply chain issue for most India company.
Quality, price, lead time, performance of components much rely on supply chain
Still most mobilephone supply chain are in east Asia like China, Korea, Japan.
India company lack much in the supply chain.

It will be interesting to c with micromax the one you refer has now four plants working with CKD from previous SKD will change it self according to anti China demand or perish in the same way as chinese will in future ...

Looking at companies like Jio for whome importing technology and investment will never be a problem to make complete mobile phone in India ... it gonna be interesting remember Jio sim has destroyed market hold of companies that were meant to stay in India forever .

Make a phone is not problem in this world.
Chips, screen, main board are open to sell.
With money you can build phones any time.

While make a phone success in the market is completely different.
Building a CKD plant in India does not solve the supply chain issue for most India company.
Quality, price, lead time, performance of components much rely on supply chain
Still most mobilephone supply chain are in east Asia like China, Korea, Japan.
India company lack much in the supply chain.

Looking at the track record and attractive offer of Jio Phone and Jio Sim ... if you combine both ... and with new offer of 3 months net with 400 Rupee it should be a success in market .

You need a Five Inch Screen to watch videos properly
and read mails

This is 2.4 inch ; not interested

It's for the low end users with tight budget. But it can mirror the screen on any TV with a cable.

How good is their 4 G service ; Any idea

I have been using Jio for more than a year, its data speed is excellent, better than any other in the market, and all towers are 4G...it's call quality is also crystal clear.....it's the world's largest all IP 4G network upgradable to 5G & 6G when they introduce it.

The other number I use is a Vodafone...old number, now keeping it as private number.

Jio's achievements are phenomenal in just 10 months.

1) 100 million customers in 10 months

Reliance Jio reached 100 million customers in less than 170 days of its launch. The company, since its debut, has been delivering many free voice and data offers. It managed to attract a lot of customers since its early days

2) Faster growth rate than Facebook/WhatsApp

Reliance said Jio has been adding 7 new users every second per day since its early days across the country. This growth rate is bigger than the adoption rate for apps and services such as Facebook, WhatsApp, and Skype.

3) 125 million customers using Reliance Jio

Reliance Jio has crossed the milestone of 125 million users as of reporting this, which is faster than every other carrier in India. Reliance Jio’s growth rate is so high that other telecom operators also started charging less for data and voice calling to compete with the player.

Jio users consistently make more than 250 crore minutes of voice and video calls every single day. The company is working on the roll-out of its Fibre to the Home (FTTH) @100 Mbps.

4) Boost in data consumption

The company said it has managed to push monthly data consumption from 20cr Gb per month to whopping 250cr Gb per month, out of which 125cr Gb is consumed by Reliance Jio users alone. India now ranks number 1 in the world in mobile data consumption.

5) Building first of its kind infrastructure

Reliance Jio also spent Rs. 2 lac crore in establishing the world’s largest greenfield all IP - 4G LTE network. In just 10 months, Jio has built a network that rivals that of other telcos who’ve been in the market for far longer. Mr. Ambani claimed that within 3 years, Reliance Jio will have the largest 4G LTE network in the country, larger than that of companies who would have been in the business for 22 years by that time.

Because of jio I recharged my phone around 9 Mnths ago before recharging for 99 and 303 , that was to expire in August now they have extended for one more month.
I have three sims. 1)Airtel ,which is my original number,now use only to receive calls.
2)jio ,use it for data and out going ,1gb data free daily and free calls.
3)Airtel ,they gave me one sim free with 1gb data per day and unlimited out going call free for 84 days ,I use it for data and calls.:smitten:

Back
Top Bottom