What's new

JH-XX JH21?

lcloo

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
From Huitong's Chinese Military Aviation:-
A new medium size/medium range supersonic stealth fighter bomber concept (JH-21? Project 176?) was studied at the 601 Institute in the 2000s. It appeared to feature a twin seat cockpit and twin engines. A mock-up (head section?) was constructed at SAC during 2013. The design was rumored to have been transferred to 603/XAC to be further developed into a medium stealth bomber. The latest image (August 2021) suggested that the first prototype might have been constructed at XAC.

JH-21.jpg
JH-21.jpg

Last edited:
Confirmed by many big shrimps, one of the most important project for PLAAF in this decade alone with strategic bomber H20.

Designed to counter US navy's distributed maritime operation concept and they also hinted for Indian's andaman missile launched site.:-)

Confirmed by many big shrimps, one of the most important project for PLAAF in this decade alone with strategic bomber H20.

Designed to counter US navy's distributed maritime operation concept and they also hinted for Indian's andaman missile launched site.:-)
So conceptually it is a stealth Tu-22M Backfire?
Please disregard the shape comparison as I believe the JH-XX will have a completely different shape.
article_60aebd930e5b58_90300961.jpg

PS: Maybe a stealth Su-34
NAPO-Su-34-Demonstrator-3S.jpg

Last edited:
So conceptually it is a stealth Tu-22M Backfire?
Please disregard the shape comparison as I believe the JH-XX will have a completely different shape.
View attachment 768439

PS: Maybe a stealth Su-34
View attachment 768440

Conceptually between H-20 long range and high bomb load stealth bomber which is slow and large and something like J-16 or JH-7 size. Basically like a modern Tu-22M but maybe smaller. Tu-22M is not stealth enough will give opponent too much time to realize where it is going and what it is aiming for.

So still needs to be supersonic like Tu-22M but stealth. Probably carries less than Tu-22M but will replace JH-7A.

Maybe will also be good air to air interceptor role as stealthy and fast missile truck. But the project is too sensitive to show because of south China sea tensions. This strike plane will be hidden even after reaching service due to shaping. H-20 will be shown to public because it serves as pride project for the country so you need to let Chinese people know their government is protecting the country with stealth strategic bomber which they can say only one other country ever has. With this JH-xx it is actually much more useful in normal times and will continue to be hidden away even if it is flying. We were flying WZ-8 over Taiwan, east China sea and south China sea for many years until it was shown in 2019 in public. The satellites even shown them before 2016. Will be the same for JH-xx since this is not something used mainly in nuclear war times like H-20 but also everyday missions to patrol and deny US access during naval war.

1628489481597.png

This picture was leaked around 2013.

this is not something used mainly in nuclear war times like H-20
I remember reading from somewhere that H20 is not going to be the hanger queen with affordable operation cost to carried out both tactical and strategic missions.

These two alone with J20, J20 dual seats and it's companion drones are going to form up the backbone of our air force in this decade.

Conceptually between H-20 long range and high bomb load stealth bomber which is slow and large and something like J-16 or JH-7 size. Basically like a modern Tu-22M but maybe smaller. Tu-22M is not stealth enough will give opponent too much time to realize where it is going and what it is aiming for.

So still needs to be supersonic like Tu-22M but stealth. Probably carries less than Tu-22M but will replace JH-7A.

Maybe will also be good air to air interceptor role as stealthy and fast missile truck. But the project is too sensitive to show because of south China sea tensions. This strike plane will be hidden even after reaching service due to shaping. H-20 will be shown to public because it serves as pride project for the country so you need to let Chinese people know their government is protecting the country with stealth strategic bomber which they can say only one other country ever has. With this JH-xx it is actually much more useful in normal times and will continue to be hidden away even if it is flying. We were flying WZ-8 over Taiwan, east China sea and south China sea for many years until it was shown in 2019 in public. The satellites even shown them before 2016. Will be the same for JH-xx since this is not something used mainly in nuclear war times like H-20 but also everyday missions to patrol and deny US access during naval war.

View attachment 768450
This picture was leaked around 2013.
Based on the looking of the nose, I guess the fuselage could be bigger than Su-34 but smaller than Tu-22M.

We need more images of this JH-21. This is more interesting than the Type 003 right now.:smitten:

Not until it is used in war or it is already getting old and not sensitive anymore. This is not like 003 where you perform the construction on shipyard where satellites can see daily progress.

JH-xx can already be flying around and we will not be told until at least they have enough. Some weapons that can be easy to hide but revealed early like J-20 or possibly H-20 will be is to make sure the USA doesn't start a war thinking it will be too easy. Some other things are there but not even talked about online. Both USA and China have some new age weapons that are purely science fiction but neither will ever even talk about them until they serve political reason to show or revealing will elevate status of the country in customer's view or building relations and improving domestic support.

How come @Deino didn't post this thread first.

Since I am in Italy for vacation with the family and missed it so far … however that image I saw indeed just prior befor we left and misinterpreted it as a trainer of some sort however I am not really sure if it is a bomber.

I remember reading from somewhere that H20 is not going to be the hanger queen with affordable operation cost to carried out both tactical and strategic missions.

These two alone with J20, J20 dual seats and it's companion drones are going to form up the backbone of our air force in this decade.

Yes how much this is true though we don't know. It is said B-2 is too precious and expensive to maintain. Retape everything and reapply some material in places every hour in the air. The aim said for H-20 is to make something that can be more easy to keep in high service rate.

Depends on Chinese metamaterial technology. We revealed to Americans we know this generation of stealth is in metamaterials too and better older stealth technology. They know it, they know we know it hahaha. We even showed some commercial grade ones on camera.

Based on the looking of the nose, I guess the fuselage could be bigger than Su-34 but smaller than Tu-22M.

I think so too. Tu-22M achieves its speed through that thin and long shape with wings pulled back in supersonic cruise to drop weapons then expand when require turning and lower speed performance. It is a very good bomber but too late to make for 2010 onwards era. USA can easily intercept mass attacks of Tu-22M launched Kitchen missile or whatever supersonic style. We realized this by the 1990s and so developed anti ship ballistic missiles that come down from space at mach 10+ since it is the only way. Now it is Mach 10+ turning warheads combined with lower altitude hypersonic vehicles using a new type of scramjet and some using just shockwave to turn and rocket and dropping from high altitude for speed.

Something like Kitchen or Oniks or Brahmos is totally useless against USA. You see Russia also started building the hypersonic weapons since 1990s and achieved this recently too with zircon missile against ships. Better will be to shoot 1000+ conventional missiles at all the carrier and ships from all directions from submarine, ships, coast, islands, planes. To overcome missile defences this is required and combined with ballistic missiles and HGV. They wanted to know how we guide and communicate with HGV before and we revealed how it is done through back of vehicle where there is no plasma cloud and can be done with a network of satellite and near space drones.

But to make sure survival of these things and control of airspace, China needs more stealth fighters and more everything. So I think JH-xx should have air to air role as well because it definitely is a stealth aircraft and will have bigger weapons bay than J-20. Such large aircrafts must be multirole so if it is capable of supersonic attack, it can double as air to air in long range or medium range missile attacks but not dogfight.

Last edited:
"will replace JH-7A"

yes, Conceptually, but in reality it is going to replace the H-6, in any case:

JH-XX -- supersonic fighter-bomber

H-20 -- subsonic long range Bomber

JH-XX If he turns out to be what he appears to be, I think we could call him Super-Phantom

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom