What's new

JF17 Thunder's New More potent superior Engine

Pretty soon all the major air-forces are going to induct 5th generation fighters, that's why I'm throwing JF-17 against 5th generation fighter. I've not compared JF-17 with F-22, I've simply assumed f-22 as the representative of all 5th generation fighters.

Pretty soon all the major air-forces are going to induct 5th generation fighters, that's why I'm throwing JF-17 against 5th generation fighter. I've not compared JF-17 with F-22, I've simply assumed f-22 as the representative of all 5th generation fighters.

Well that pretty soon is gonna be atleast a decade. By 2018-2020, in small numbers, 3 or so airforces are gonna start inducting these 5th Gen fighters, namely, China, Russia & India.

And what do you suggest we do for one full decade ?? Sit and see our 2nd Gen fighters get wasted and airforce numbers go down ?? And even when these major airforces have inducted the 5th gen fighters, they are gonna keep their 4th-4.5 Gen fighters for much more time.

And PAF has more then a decade time to look for things around and see if it can get its hands on a 5th Gen fighter and am sure its gonna be from the Chinese.

So, look at the present, the future you are talking about is a decade away.

Well that pretty soon is gonna be atleast a decade. By 2018-2020, in small numbers, 3 or so airforces are gonna start inducting these 5th Gen fighters, namely, China, Russia & India.

And what do you suggest we do for one full decade ?? Sit and see our 2nd Gen fighters get wasted and airforce numbers go down ?? And even when these major airforces have inducted the 5th gen fighters, they are gonna keep their 4th-4.5 Gen fighters for much more time.

And PAF has more then a decade time to look for things around and see if it can get its hands on a 5th Gen fighter and am sure its gonna be from the Chinese.

So, look at the present, the future you are talking about is a decade away.

Does it mean that PAF should be producing more of these present versions of JF-17s? Not a very good use of limited resources. If PAC has engineering and finacial limitations that's a different story.

Does it mean that PAF should be producing more of these present versions of JF-17s? Not a very good use of limited resources. If PAC has engineering and finacial limitations that's a different story.

Well the bold part is the truth, otherwise we would have been making a 6th Gen one rather then a 5th gen one :azn:

I don't know but it seems most people here don't really follow developments, or they forget or they simply choose to ignore:

1. Klimov have already made public that the RD-93 is available with 96kN max output.
  2. We already know and expect further JF-17 developments to reduce the basic weight of the plane.

The above two say the JF-17 will be having a high TWR soon.

There is no immediate need to get the WS-13 considering ,
  1. The training required for ground crew.
  2. The WS-13 will be different is behaviour to the RD-93 so flight control systems and tactics will not be 100% transferable. FCS will need reprogramming and validated.
  3. Pilots will need to re-familiarise with the aircraft's behaviour.
  4. WS-13 need to mature!!!

Finally, I have been looking at the surrent air campaign in Libya. The weapons loads have generally not been much more than 4-6 munitions and 3 external fuel tanks (EFTs). We have seen the JF-17 with 2 x SRAAMs, 4 x Mk-82 bombs and 3 x EFTs!! I think it terms of lead it is pretty compariable/not inferior to what NATO planes are doing in Libya. Looks like a lots of the "IMPRESSIVE WARLOADS" fotos we see and fantasise about are really not practical but a marketing gimic.

Unless you are really going to do some type of carpet bombing, latest smart (planning) wars with smart (guided) weapons rely on pinpoint accuracy on selected targets. We will not be expecting a lot of B-52 type runs with bomb bay spewing out dozens of bombs. The JF-17 with 12 FT-series bombs of say 100kg weight (1,200kg) will do a fair bit of damage. Weapons (and yes everything else) is getting more potent while being smaller and lighter).

Just to support my below opinion, apparently the Tiffies in Libya are flying with this configuration"
2x ASRAAM
2x Paveway II
2x Drop Tanks
1x Targetting pod

While some people are disputing that they are even carrying targeting pods because Eurofighters cannot as yet carry targeting pods.

Why Pakistan not made its own Engine for JF-17. It is very necessary for the huge number of Aircraft Sqadrn.
Pakistan should made its own Engine instead of purchasing engine abroad i.e. RD-93 and WS-13, I think so this not difficult for Pakistan to made Enginge becoz Pakistan already have ability to repair or upgraded the eninge of Mirage and F-6 aricarfat these are american enging EF-100 and save lot of money

Why Pakistan not made its own Engine for JF-17. It is very necessary for the huge number of Aircraft Sqadrn.
Pakistan should made its own Engine instead of purchasing engine abroad i.e. RD-93 and WS-13, I think so this not difficult for Pakistan to made Enginge becoz Pakistan already have ability to repair or upgraded the eninge of Mirage and F-6 aricarfat these are american enging EF-100 and save lot of money

whao great thought man you are bossssss really do you have any idea about jet engines, core, fanblades etc

whao great thought man you are bossssss really do you have any idea about jet engines, core, fanblades etc

Why come across so angry and belligerent? Just ask your question like a normal person

Back
Top Bottom