What's new

jf17 3rld batch on jan 10 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were suppose to get the deliveries of the 50 JF17 Block 2 from China in December 2012 on ward
These are the BLOCK 2 babies come to PAPA :yahoo:

We are making JF17 thunders locally however , we were also suppose to start getting the Block 2

http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/140801-jf-17-fighter-slated-block-2-upgrades-2012-a.html

So block 2 will be delivered from China directly?.

I was under the impression that 50 block 1 thunders were almost complete at kamra, and it was tooling up for assembly of block 2.

50 jf 17 thunder from China are not coming, i doubt it very much, that was said after the US attack and was a more of a solidarity statement.

Pakistan has plans to induct 150 JF-17 Thunder till 2020. The first batch of 50 JF-17s named as Block-I will finish delivery by mid-2012. Block-II of 50 JF-17s with better avionics and aerial refuelling probe will be delivered by 2016. The third batch of 50 JF-17s with state-of-the-art avionics, electronic warfare and a wide array of weaponry will be delivered till 2020.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-421.html#ixzz2H2fot3wI

150 THUNDERS BY 2020

IS WHAT I HAVE SUGGESTED FOR YEARS.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO INDUCT 250 FIGHTERS INSIDE A DECADE YOU NEED 15 YEARS MINIMUM

Pakistan has plans to induct 150 JF-17 Thunder till 2020. The first batch of 50 JF-17s named as Block-I will finish delivery by mid-2012. Block-II of 50 JF-17s with better avionics and aerial refuelling probe will be delivered by 2016. The third batch of 50 JF-17s with state-of-the-art avionics, electronic warfare and a wide array of weaponry will be delivered till 2020.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/3218-j-10-fc-20-mrca-421.html#ixzz2H2fot3wI

150 THUNDERS BY 2020

IS WHAT I HAVE SUGGESTED FOR YEARS.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO INDUCT 250 FIGHTERS INSIDE A DECADE YOU NEED 15 YEARS MINIMUM
This is difficult process and it takes time, but it also depends on the money. They can double it or thrice it by more production lines. I agree that 250 is not possible till 2020 from one production line.

Ok so 4 days left till the 3rd Batch is inducted?
Or is this January fool? Prior to April fool?

but howmani fc-1 china bild for plaaf???

but howmani fc-1 china bild for plaaf???

You will see it when PAF want you to see it. Meanwhile have some soda water and relax. Joke aside the third squadron has stood up but awaits official announcement.
Araz

What squadron will be equipped with the thunders ,Can you share some info please bahi sahib, been waiting impatiently for 2 years now.

You will see it when PAF want you to see it. Meanwhile have some soda water and relax. Joke aside the third squadron has stood up but awaits official announcement.
Araz

I hope the boys are flying the crap out of JF-17s. Tearing them apart and training hard. They better know the aircraft inside out.

Also, does anyone know, that when the OBL raid was happening, the PAF scrambled some F-16s. Why didn't they send JF-17 which were right next door in Peshawar? Or was it just all show?

I hope the boys are flying the crap out of JF-17s. Tearing them apart and training hard. They better know the aircraft inside out.

Also, does anyone know, that when the OBL raid was happening, the PAF scrambled some F-16s. Why didn't they send JF-17 which were right next door in Peshawar? Or was it just all show?

F-16's are the more mature platform in the PAF, which it knows how to fight very well with.
Also, the PAF does NOT want to expose the electronics of the JF-17 to anyone until they need to.
Including the characteristics of the radar.. etc.

There is a Giraff mobile radar perched high on the mountains right across the valley from the area where OBL attack took place and i am damn sure they were tracking the helicopters from some distance...that is if the radar wasn't jammed..
So yes PAF may have the information of some unidentified helicopters intruding in the airspace.

There is a Giraff mobile radar perched high on the mountains right across the valley from the area where OBL attack took place and i am damn sure they were tracking the helicopters from some distance...that is if the radar wasn't jammed..
So yes PAF may have the information of some unidentified helicopters intruding in the airspace.

Probably not there then, or moved.
Kakul is not on the map for any attacks so it makes little sense.
The reports of helis were given by the people on the rooftops and on the streets.

Only then did someone tell the PAF that something was coming.
There are other theories but lets keep them off this thread.

During peacetime, the PAF maintains CAP ready fighters on just a couple of places. It used to be PAF Sargoda and the Navy - AF base in Karachi. Now the home of F-16B52 is added to the list. So if they were to send JFT's, they'd have to get them out, arm them and then fly them. That side of the border was never perceived as a threat. The US even took a chance on it due to the significance OBL had otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom