What's new

JF-17X- A Sino-Pakistani Stealth Fighter

Not that I doubt you Gambit, but can I ask what these estimations are based on?
Radar range testings. Also from the fact that the F-18 Super Hornets have been enough around foreign waters and foreign radars that many of the major militaries know about this new RCS figure.

25831722789582390432417.jpg

When the dream will come true ? :china: :pakistan:

why do w need stealth anyway??Cant speed be an alternative to stealth?We can add 6 RD-93'S to some sort of reinforced airframe and wings,,,something travelling at mach 5 or 6 will outclass all sorts of BVR's and SAM's:agree:

but with that can u drop bombs on target or do dogfight with other jets, AND most important can PAF afford the cost of operating such jets . . . . .

and on a personal note " i think even if u install 3, 10, 50, 100 jet engine like RD-93 that plane can never reach beyond MACH 3 or 3.5. because each added engine will increase weight drag and net increase in speed will be very minimal . .

stealth feacher will allow JFT to come closer to other targets with out detection, so close that other fighter radar range and missile range advantage can be minimized, now with stealth feacher and by reducing RCS, if JFT able to come close to a distance of about 60 to 65 Km near MKI than MKI will lose its edge over JFT .

why do w need stealth anyway??Cant speed be an alternative to stealth?We can add 6 RD-93'S to some sort of reinforced airframe and wings,,,something travelling at mach 5 or 6 will outclass all sorts of BVR's and SAM's:agree:
Yes...If it is the speed of light. The issue of low radar observability is about getting as close to the enemy as possible without being detected when that detection medium travels at the speed of light. As long as the enemy can have that advantage, meaning radar travels at the speed of light while the aircraft is still chugging along at the speed of sound, we will have the need to avoid that advantage wherever and whenever we can.

ANSWER IS SR 71

Back
Top Bottom