What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

It is real, and from @酒色财气吕洞宾 from Weibo.

Seems to be this one ..

Not sure abt amo bt all marks are fake

Why? ... we know this particular aircraft from other images.

JF-17B_0002.jpg

Have anyone else noticed the serial number? 19-603!! "6"!!
This is very significant in my opinion. Note that this number indicates the Block of aircraft, the number is like XX-ABB with XX indicating year of manufacture, A indicating Block and BB for number of plane in that block.

@Deino @HRK @Dazzler @araz

Here is my best guess - blocks as not in upgrade blocks but production batches.

Batch 1: Block 1
Batch 2: Block 2
Batch 3: Myanmar order
Batch 4: Extra block 2
Batch 5: Nigeria order
Batch 6: Bravo

It is real, and from @酒色财气吕洞宾 from Weibo.
any idea what payload it is carrying ... ??

Have anyone else noticed the serial number? 19-603!! "6"!!
This is very significant in my opinion. Note that this number indicates the Block of aircraft, the number is like XX-ABB with XX indicating year of manufacture, A indicating Block and BB for number of plane in that block.

@Deino @HRK @Dazzler @araz
yaap its strange they are using 6 for dual seat ....

CS BBF1 aviation fuel vaporization bomb (250 kg). Fuel-Air Explosive Bomb (FAEB / FAX), or “Thermobaric Bomb”. Currently, a special liquid is used instead of fuel.

View attachment 637242

JF-17B (Serial 0002) Carrying Two "CS/BBF1 500 lb or 250 lb" Fuel Air Explosive (FAE) Bombs "Precision Guided Munition"

"Fuel Air Explosive Bombs are best known type of "Thermobaric Weapons". It's is a type of explosive that uses oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion. In practice, the blast wave typically produced by such a weapon is of a significantly longer duration than that produced by a conventional condensed explosive".

Its not about speed - its about range.
Low altitude ingress does not necessarily require high speeds, but because air density is higher at low altitude prolonged flight at low altitude will consume a higher amount of fuel - greatly reducing range. The Mirage with it's high wing sweep will encounter less drag than the JF-17 and will fly further. Also, I doubt the JF-17 will hit Mach 2 at any altitude.

I'm sorry, if you are talking about Mirage delta wing, with large surface area in comparison to jF17, than mirage suppose to have high drag!
While, flying further is subjective to fuel, speed, and as you said altitude.
It's clear that mirage flight envelop tend to be high altitude flying, as compare to jF-17, but if we fly both a/c in same flight envelop, i doubt mirage would be a winner in range, provided both are carrying same amount of fuel.
You said, it's not about speed, so i leave it out. As it would be comparing apples and oranges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom