What's new

JF-17 with YJ83K ASM -Naval role

congrates for this picture really it will give a great boost against any indian navy old bloackade thinking.. one thing i wnt to know more ,that can it carry two sd-10 bvr missiles along with these two c803 antiship missile with one more any thing in belly like fueltank or any another bomb ? ... thank you

Looks like 2 hardpoints under the wing are empty, perhaps weight is a consideration. Then again, I hope that we can extend the performance of JF-17 with a more powerful engine.

I have no intention of convincing you. I know what i am talking about. You keep looking internet sources. The c-803 is being tested on our request, not anyone else. Also, it is in service with Pak Navy.
Yeah! we happi if they don't trust our statements...thats what we need from them....Its better they don't see our cards....:smokin:

a-2.jpg

b-2.jpg

c-2.jpg

d-2.jpg

e-1.jpg

Look like PAF is going to be the most powerful force to help PN.

I have no intention of convincing you. I know what i am talking about. You keep looking internet sources. The c-803 is being tested on our request, not anyone else. Also, it is in service with Pak Navy.

Don't take this personally, pls. Nobody is questioning you. Let's not make this a contest of ego's.

AOA,
Looks like dummy missiles for tests .. great going mashAllah .. and godspeed thunder

AOA,
Looks like dummy missiles for tests .. great going mashAllah .. and godspeed thunder

Compared to the pics above with blue missiles on the JF-17, those missiles clearly have a strake on the side of the missile body (which the ones on the cart don't have). But those on the JF-17 may also be dummy's , by the looks of the rear portion of the missile (no visible jetengine outlet )

Compared to the pics above with blue missiles on the JF-17, those missiles clearly have a strake on the side of the missile body (which the ones on the cart don't have). But those on the JF-17 may also be dummy's , by the looks of the rear portion of the missile (no visible jetengine outlet )

they're probably testing how the aircraft behaves with these missiles
thats why they're just using dummy i guess

Hi, all testing in the initial stages is done with dummy missiles, whether AAM, AShM, etc. One has to find out the effect of the missile on the handling of the plane, the effect on drag, thrust, turning degrees. I am sure simultaneous ground tests that check the integration of the missile seeker with the JF-17 radar are also being conducted. This plane is maturing very nicely. Pretty cool stuff!

is it the one attached under jf-17 . . . . .

and

this image says that its yj-83

yj83.jpg

is it the one attached under jf-17 . . . . .

and

this image says that its yj-83

yj83.jpg

Specifications

Length: 6 – 7 m
Weight: 850 – 1200 kg
Diameter: 0.36 m
Range: 120 - 255+ km (depending on launch platform)
Cruising altitude: 10 – 50 m for initial target approach phase, 5 m for final/terminal phase (~20 km from target)
Speed:
Subsonic for initial target approach phase
Mach 1.3 for intermediary target approach phase (~30 km from target)
Mach 1.7 for final target approach phase (~20 km from target)
Mach 2 for terminal phase (~8 km from target)
Propulsion: Solid-fuel rocket booster and turbojet engine
Warhead: 165 kg semi-armour-piercing

I am feeling that next 50 Aircrafts would be for Pakistan Navy, they might replace F7,s or Mirages at PAF Base Masroor or may be some placed at PAF Base Faisal

I am feeling that next 50 Aircrafts would be for Pakistan Navy, they might replace F7,s or Mirages at PAF Base Masroor or may be some placed at PAF Base Faisal

You are feeling right.I also feel so.After Karachi bases, they might add to Shahbaz air base along with F-16.

The first priority is not naval strike at this point in time but COIN. Therefore my guess would be a lot of time would be spent on integrating western and chinese munitions (Air to ground) and less on Air Launched AShM.

I can be wrong here but deep maritime strike option can only be exercised with an air-refuelable JFT specially when carrying a C80X missile. Therefore, integrating the air refueling probe system is the first step to equipping the JFT with maritime strike role in a meaninigful way. Otherwise the Mirages will do fine in thier current configuration.

Look like PAF is going to be the most powerful force to help PN.

Why ? PAF will do its main role where PN should have separate Aviation wing comprise of ASW helicopter long range MPA strike Aircraft along with separate maintenance facility gradually . until then PAF can help though PN though .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom