What's new

JF-17 with AESA radar and helmet mounted system and the PL-15 misile will replace F16 as top jet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the JF-17 with an AESA radar and helmet mounted system and the PL-15 missile will replace the F-16 as the top fighter in the PAF?

The JF-17 with the block 3 package is cheaper to run and is a superior package to the PAF’s F-16 (not the USAF version) so if the block 3 package works (not a given) then yes it will replace the F-16 as the number 1.

No never . F-16 is much more capable and proven platform which will continue service till 2040+- . JF-17 with AESA HMD and PL-15 missile will be a more capable fighter yet not replacement for F-16.

The JF-17 will eventually surpass or at the very least equal our best F-16 configuration.

Forget this guy.
yes JF-17 is PAF mega project and it should be better than than PAF block-52 F-16. Off course cant compare with latest F-16 block 70 at this stage

No never . F-16 is much more capable and proven platform which will continue service till 2040+- . JF-17 with AESA HMD and PL-15 missile will be a more capable fighter yet not replacement for F-16.
I am comparing JF-17 with Pakistani F-16 which are not so latest as the US Block 60 or latest block 70/72

Guys there's a question that keeps bugging me | what if the Saab had won the contract to provide IAF 110 Gripen E. Considering their exceptional attributes - avionics and EW related, don't you think they would have really troubled PAF. Bear in mind that during the RED FLAG exercises they outperformed USAF Vipers and on several occasions sneaked up on F22s which is quite something. On top of that they have been designed in a way that they require minimal maintenance, can take off from a 600m runway and are meteor equipped too. Dont you think this would have helped alleviate IAF maintenance problems and a larger % of planes would have been available at any given time?! @messiach @Oscar @Quwa

i wonder why F16 didnt deliver any performance in recent conflict with IAF....

My friend,

Thunder needed some real life target practice. That is why only JF-17 Thunder was used.

The PAF boys wanted to check the SD10A too... everything worked out pretty fine.

The rest is just guessing.

Block III is coming....and now indians know what Thunders can do!

That is why they are crying for Rafael.

Take care,

Mangus

Guys there's a question that keeps bugging me | what if the Saab had won the contract to provide IAF 110 Gripen E. Considering their exceptional attributes - avionics and EW related, don't you think they would have really troubled PAF. Bear in mind that during the RED FLAG exercises they outperformed USAF Vipers and on several occasions sneaked up on F22s which is quite something. On top of that they have been designed in a way that they require minimal maintenance, can take off from a 600m runway and are meteor equipped too. Dont you think this would have helped alleviate IAF maintenance problems and a larger % of planes would have been available at any given time?! @messiach @Oscar @Quwa
military sales are not only based on performance but other factors too

if our 1980s fighter are still our top fighter, than its very alarming situation for paf in full fledged future war

You need to study how fighter jets work and the avionics before making statements with no head and tail.
It's not about when the fighter was introduced, its about the systems its equipped with and the role it can play in the modern aerial warfare.

Su-30MKI will agree with you.
First of all there is little to no proof of su-30mki going down. Also it attributed to the F-16 so yeah maybe sukhoi will agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom