What's new

jf-17 vs LCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAH
Do you know we can buy Chinese Engine WS-13 or European Engine instead of RD-33 if supply is stopped?In any case, well over 100 engines are already in China so i don't think it will be a problem.

Well, You still dont get my point, I wanted to state that incase of some dispute if a "Third" Party other than China or PAK ie. EU or Russia pulls their hands .. what will PAK do ?

My pint was to logically make u understand that replying 100% on Third Party for ambitious projects is NOT good.

Say in case of LCA , Indians can Buy Foreign Engine No problem But then why spend so much money on Indigenous work ?

Self Reliance . If u understand what it means.

You cannot compare JF-17 to LCA, it's like comparing a Hightech plane to a flying coffin

Well, You still dont get my point, I wanted to state that incase of some dispute if a "Third" Party other than China or PAK ie. EU or Russia pulls their hands .. what will PAK do ?

My pint was to logically make u understand that replying 100% on Third Party for ambitious projects is NOT good.

Say in case of LCA , Indians can Buy Foreign Engine No problem But then why spend so much money on Indigenous work ?

Self Reliance . If u understand what it means.
So we will not be able to buy engine from European countries..We may be able to buy from US too?Dude let me know wtf are you smoking?Sanctions can be placed on both countries and LCA and Tejas both are using foreign engines and both are prone to sanctions.

Last edited:
Oh Man ! why do u guys talk childish ?
Suppose we design a look alike of F-16 does that mean its "derived" from F-16 ? Mirage is Much larger and there is No comparision to the Smaller LCA.
But Search the Net, every where you will find the mention that JF 17 is a MiG variant or "Glorified Mig 21".. Just search "JF 17+Glorified MiG 21" and see. on Google. I am not talking about similar look , but i the Fundation itslelf is MiG 21 for JF 17.
From nowhere does JF-17 airframe look like that of a Mig-21. I am not talking childish, those who have thrown garbage on the net are talking childish. I dont understand, engine is foreign, radar is foreign, weapons are foreign, still it is called 100% effort with 80% foreign components. I am not saying that LCAs airframe looks like Mirage's but the same argument can be made if someone cant see the OBVIOUS difference betwen JF-17 and MiG-21 airframe. I dont derive my knowledge from the blogs. I have said it somewhere else, and repeating it again, JF-17 is NOT a modified MiG-21 and J-10 is NOT a modernazied Lavi just like F-18 is NOT a modernized F-5 (althought it may have EVOLVED from F-5) or just like Tornado is NOT a modernized Jaguar or MiG-19 is NOT a modernized MiG-15/17 or Mirage 2000 is NOT a modernized Mirage III. Concepts are borrowed but not everything is a modernized or 'glorified' version of something from which a concept is borrowed.

Last edited:
guys ! dont get so irritating...... we should just dwell on specs etc...

secondly pakistan and china have common goals/threats ,so most likely they would continue collaborating..

india will not buy mig35... superhornet is the better option

as long as lca is on paper[hypothetical] and not in a testing squadron, we cant compare anyway

So we will not be able to buy engine from European countries?Dude let me know wtf are you smoking?Sanctions can be placed on both countries and LCA and Tejas both are using foreign engines.

You can buy just Like India can buy GE 404 to be used in LCA ( also used in F 18 Hornets ) But Just Answer me Why India also developed their own Engine - The Kaveri .
This is my point, doing something NEW on your own does take time .. See why majority of defence Experts say.. No to Gripen.. its too much Like LCA .. , and This seriously means LCA is better.

None of them are war proven, yes the only difference is JF17 is in massive production while LCA , no idea.

And I think this thread also probably will be closed as these 'VERSUS' threads leads to flame wars only.

As the above posts mention, the main difference between the JF-17 & the LCA is that the former is IN operational service and the latter is NOT. So it's an unequal comparison. Two, it leads to unnecessary lengthening of the thread. Yes, the truth stings. Let's move on.

As the above posts mention, the main difference between the JF-17 & the LCA is that the former is IN operational service and the latter is NOT. So it's an unequal comparison. Two, it leads to unnecessary lengthening of the thread. Yes, the truth stings. Let's move on.

IMO , There is NO comparision between the Two. Its True that Both are being developed to increase the NUmbers BUT...

LCA - will be acting Interceptor ( only 900 KM range )

JF-17 - Multi Role- Main Strike Aircraft for PAK. ( 2300 KM Range )

Here its foolish to compare as JF-17 will face the Su-MKI or Mirage.

LCA will be used as what the Bisons are used Right Now.. as Interceptors which It can really do good.

So in case India attacks PAK or does a surgical strikes.. they will use Su-MKI and NOT LCA...

guys ! dont get so irritating...... we should just dwell on specs etc...

secondly pakistan and china have common goals/threats ,so most likely they would continue collaborating..

india will not buy mig35... superhornet is the better option

as long as lca is on paper[hypothetical] and not in a testing squadron, we cant compare anyway

Take my bet India will Go for TWO Vendors.

100-110 Rafale
20-60 MiG 35

Why ?

+ It Makes the Induction Process faster
+ It Makes the more economic package as MiG 35 is cheaper and the total cost of 160 Planes ( considering 40+ Planes over 126 ) will be under budget ( 160 Rafale is Much expensive. )
+ The Russians stay happy and India can bargain.
+ For Both These planes the Infra already Exists in India.

Hornet/F16/Gripen- NO - Unreliable Americans and No 100% ToT .

Although i agree with you that Americans are unreliable but you must understand that GOI is currently trying to strengthen their relationship with US so they will most likely select US option and India can certainly afford it and let's be honest FA/18 hornet will be much better then other options except Eurofighter which i believe is out of GOI budget it's wayy too expensive.
Thanks

I am not talking about similar look , but i the Fundation itslelf is MiG 21 for JF 17.

What is the foundation of a plane? Which part is the foundation you are talking about? What part of JF-17 is Mig-21? Yes, there is a lot of talk about that on the net, but that does not make it the truth/fact. There was a time when only one man believed the world was round and everybody else said it was flat. Present evidence.

I can also ask you to google for "Jf-17 is better than LCA"! Is that evidence of anything? No.

Last edited:
Although i agree with you that Americans are unreliable but you must understand that GOI is currently trying to strengthen their relationship with US so they will most likely select US option and India can certainly afford it and let's be honest FA/18 hornet will be much better then other options except Eurofighter which i believe is out of GOI budget it's wayy too expensive.
Thanks

Well , Well , IAF originally wanted the Mirage 2000 , so now getting the brother Rafale will be more Logical.
France keeps good care of their customers and Rafale..Its really a beautiful machine.
See this , im sure u may not have seen a more cleaner cockpit.. seems like a Simulator...

89926d7ed0eec0987c93c2ed953aae7e.jpg

JF17 will achieve IOC by the Year end. Tranche 1 WILL probably consist of upto 50 planes by 2012 latest = 1 squadron a year.

This first tranche will come with chinease radar KJ7 and chinease PL9 & SD10 missles. The engine is russian RD93...

LCA Tejas mk1 WILL come with USA GE404 engine and israeli ELTA 320 radar. It will be able to carry both Russian & Israeli weapons ie R77 & Python.

MK1 LCA will only achieve IOC by 2011 AND BY 2012 IAF will only induct one squadron of 20 planes.. by 2013

IAF main gripe is the underpowered GE404 engine giving only 80NT .. IAF wants 95nt power on the engine.

PAF is very keen to replace/update the Russian engine with a western engine due to greater reliability and maintenance and add modern better western weapons which also means changing the chinease radar.

THIS WILL BE TRANCHE 2 PAF wants to use AMRAAM BVR missles from
USA or to buy french rdar RC400 & M88 engine. The main objectiV to incorporate the MICA/METRORE missles by 2015 for tranche 2 JF17 ..

I see this happening by 2014 and a JF17 with more composites conformal fuel tanks french engine and at least mica WVR missles with AMRAAM is a real possiblity.

JF17 will happen and another 100 + mk2 will arrive by 2020

AS FOR LCA TEJAS.

India is looking at GE414 to increase thrust to 90+ NT & add Israeli AESA radar ELTA 2052 to MK2 Tejas. The weapons in mk2 WILL ALSO include python 5 AAM and ASTRA BVR from DRDO.

but i don,t see MK2 coming until 2015 & LCA will climb to 100+ fighters by 2020..

WHICH IS BETTER...

ON PAPER pure specs LCA has the edge in technology... WHY because its USA engine israeli radar and french mirage design body.

but its 2 YEARS AWAY fromm induction and has limited range.

BUT the Chinease built Russian powered JF17 is further in development and is nearly at IOC. and has twice the range.

JF17 is multi role already whereas LCA is primarily interceptor and CAS at short range.

which is better both sides have their arguments.

DRAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom