What's new

JF-17 Thunder still under evaluation by the PLAAF

Lets simply have patience.. China will induct the Fc-1 or why else would they continue to test it with their own engine?

JF17 thunder (As of February 2011) under evaluation.FC-1 reported to have passed a design appraisal in December 2009.
Why jf 17thunder still under evaluation by china air fore is is not good enough for china air force
It can replace there F7 which are in large no or it was only built by the for Pakistan air force Pakistan has 34 and china is still testing 4 prototypes

There are many chances that they will induct the block 2 of jf17 thunder as the block 2 would be 4.5 generation and can work perfectly with j10
159_8109_5cbb9aa691ed911.jpg
This won't be block-III, it will be totally a new 5th generation aircraft being under development in China CAC and PAC.

block 3 can be something like f-15 silent eagle,? extensive modification?..we have actually no idea only hint is the MoU that was sign between Pakistan and china for developing a stealth aircrft.

PLAAF....wouldnt gop for BLK I atleast..
May be they would go for BLK II

PLAAF....wouldnt gop for BLK I atleast..
May be they would go for BLK II

The PLAAF is currently waiting for the WS-13 engine to mature as it prefers its domestic engine on the FC-1.
What specifications they will have for their aircraft is up to them.
The JF-17 batches from I-III are all for Pakistan.
Each having differing configurations(of which only I & II have been frozen in design and equipment).

The PAF is really not concerned with what the Chinese do with Fc-1 as long as they dont export it without PAC's consent and involvement.

The PLAAF is currently waiting for the WS-13 engine to mature as it prefers its domestic engine on the FC-1.
What specifications they will have for their aircraft is up to them.
The JF-17 batches from I-III are all for Pakistan.
Each having differing configurations(of which only I & II have been frozen in design and equipment).

The PAF is really not concerned with what the Chinese do with Fc-1 as long as they dont export it without PAC's consent and involvement.

you are saying JF17 was built soley for PAF

you are saying JF17 was built soley for PAF

The JF-17 is the product tailored to the PAF's specifications. i.e the PAF decide what goes into the airframe or not.
Export customers may alter that configuration as they wish.
The FC-1 is also the same joint design, but the specifications on what goes into it is upto the Chinese.
What weapons they integrate or not is upto them.
When the WS-13 comes online, it will go into the FC-1 and NOT the JF-17.
Its an analogy akin to the FA-18 built by McDonnel Douglas and the F-18L by Northdrop, however they did have some significant changes that are not so when it comes to the FC-1 and JF-17.

I think we really need to work on the thrust to weight ratio. That should be done in blk 2 & 3, maybe with more composite use....

wait an year till the block II is inducted

they are testing JFT regularly nxt to J-20 and j-10B.they will indeed induct it bt when it is modified to meet their requirements

China will never accept thunder in PLAAF. Not because FC1 capability but chinese doctrine. China don't need point defense fighter, rather they need Area defence fighter, So they will introduce J10 as replacement of there MiG 21.

No matter how much FC1 evolve FCI,II or Block N. China is not introducing it... Hope its clear for fanboys now.

The JF-17 is the product tailored to the PAF's specifications. i.e the PAF decide what goes into the airframe or not.
Export customers may alter that configuration as they wish.
The FC-1 is also the same joint design, but the specifications on what goes into it is upto the Chinese.
What weapons they integrate or not is upto them.
When the WS-13 comes online, it will go into the FC-1 and NOT the JF-17.
Its an analogy akin to the FA-18 built by McDonnel Douglas and the F-18L by Northdrop, however they did have some significant changes that are not so when it comes to the FC-1 and JF-17.

right but But whay are they investing so much if JF17 is not good enoughf for china air force the ah alot of finace and plus it can also replace there large fleet of F7 an other 3 gen fighter jets i think they are wating got Block2 version it would be 4.5 gen may be with some plus feature then as 4.5+++ and they would induct it JF17 block 1 is good light weight fighter but its hardpoints is holding it back JF17 should atlest have 9 hradpoints and one dedicated for pods WS13 would take to long to get mature.

right but But whay are they investing so much if JF17 is not good enoughf for china air force the ah alot of finace and plus it can also replace there large fleet of F7 an other 3 gen fighter jets i think they are wating got Block2 version it would be 4.5 gen may be with some plus feature then as 4.5+++ and they would induct it JF17 block 1 is good light weight fighter but its hardpoints is holding it back JF17 should atlest have 9 hradpoints and one dedicated for pods WS13 would take to long to get mature.

Wrong again, china will not introduce FC1. They don't need light machines. There smallest plane will be J10s.

China will never accept thunder in PLAAF. Not because FC1 capability but chinese doctrine. China don't need point defense fighter, rather they need Area defence fighter, So they will introduce J10 as replacement of there MiG 21.

No matter how much FC1 evolve FCI,II or Block N. China is not introducing it... Hope its clear for fanboys now.

yae right Like LAC not trusted by IAF and so much spent on LAC still not inducted shame:rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Nope, They will not, they will never. They don't need point defence fighter,

JF17 thunder was not good china air force why are they investing in it so much

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

@ Indians. Why do you all care about China and JF-17? Thats the secret. If they don't have it, then we have it. We are supposed to get engaged in war with you first before China.:P I'm sure China is looking to give us advanced weapons first before they induct it on their own. J-10B is made for us, as part of PAF requirements. So now, you should be questioning, why they haven't placed an order for it but Pakistan did already? I'm sure J-10B is a lot better than J-10A. They should look to induct that first. Shouldn't they?:lol:

China has always been after double engine jets. They are after the U.S, NATO, and they need it to counter F-15s, F-18s, Rafale, Eurofighter, F-22, F-35.
If they were after you, then they would certainly be doing what we are doing, a light weight, less maintenance prone, and with better weapons.

Yes they do copy jets. In fact that not funny. Reverse engineering is extremely hard to do. I would like to see Indians trying to reverse engineer Rafale:lol:
you can't even make LCA, but you think making MCA will become easier for you?

Back
Top Bottom