What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I found this bird is simply an updated aircraft featuring a new OBOGS or something like an "environmental system" ?!!

It is hard to say after Bratva's new picture. The plane look same to us, better to wait for next few years.

@warnesyworld: First JF-17 was formally inducted into the Pak AF's Combat Commanders School at Mushaf today. Five in evidence at a very misty media event.

@warnesyworld: First JF-17 was formally inducted into the Pak AF's Combat Commanders School at Mushaf today. Five in evidence at a very misty media event.

Nice ... any images ?

Nice ... any images ?

Group photo with Chief guest.jpg
Batch of JF-17 Thunder.jpg

Thanks ... but so they are from the both so far operational units (No. 26 "Black Spiders" and the No. 16 Black Panthers) and not a new unit.

Deino

are we celebrating again on induction of birds which were previously celebrated and inducted ?

In the last couple of years either a lot of work has been going on the JF17 and its all hush hush ( other than the IFR probe) or nothin else has been done. Hopefully the block 2 production will be on schedule. Block 2 is a capable enough fighter and we should increase numbers at a good rate. I personally am not in favor of major structural changes even for block 3 as that will delay induction by at least 4to 5 years by which time one of the Chinese stealth variants will be a better option than spending money on 'stealthy' features on this bird.

@Oscar, are you sure that JF-17 Block II can not install AESA due to cooling problem? The new official news said 0213 had changed the environmental control system, if you are right, they may test AESA on it later

The issue was a cooling problem due to insufficient space in the nose. However, there was already a solution for it back in 2011 but it was not a priority then and perhaps is still not now.

The issue was a cooling problem due to insufficient space in the nose. However, there was already a solution for it back in 2011 but it was not a priority then and perhaps is still not now.
Where the bloody hell are those 5 JF-17 BLOCK II which were supposed to come last month ? @Horus

I expect them to come to the fore, sometime in middle of february/early march. Let's just wait and see.

Where the bloody hell are those 5 JF-17 BLOCK II which were supposed to come last month ? @Horus

Last edited:
Does anyone know if those first 50 JF-17's are being upgraded to block-2 as of now, has the retrospective work begun?

Jf17 is no doubt a great success story for Pakistan. We managed to get a jet which is more capable than F16 blockA/B. But considering what our adversaries are capable of we must make it as potent as F16 block 60. Only then we wuld b able to sell it gud and make our airforce capable of defeating our adverseries

I expect them to come to the fore, sometime in middle of february/early march. Let's just wait and see.

As we already now the news about induction of 5 plane to our combat commander, so i can say that maximum next month these 5 plane (2nd batch) will be inducted in PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom