What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is integrated with 802s and CM 400s, is it difficult to understand? Or is there more pain hidden underneath?
Any combat aircraft armed with ASCMs requires special modification to its fire-control system & navigation-and-attack system because it cannot by itself search for maritime targets (given the limited range of the MMR), rather it is entirely dependent on MR/ASW platforms like P-3C for target vectors & cueing. Hence, to 'assume' that each & every JF-17 can carry ASCMs in a plug-and-play mode is physically impossible & unfissiable and technologically difficult.

Is it difficult to understand? Or you are mistakenly taken my comment/point as the pain hidden underneath.

Any combat aircraft armed with ASCMs requires special modification to its fire-control system & navigation-and-attack system because it cannot by itself search for maritime targets (given the limited range of the MMR), rather it is entirely dependent on MR/ASW platforms like P-3C for target vectors & cueing. Hence, to 'assume' that each & every JF-17 can carry ASCMs in a plug-and-play mode is physically impossible & unfissiable and technologically difficult.

Is it difficult to understand? Or you are mistakenly taken my comment/point as the pain hidden underneath.

full

What a brilliant post -- copied & pasted word for word ... See we too can Bold and make it seem as if its something ground breaking yada yada etc.... and for the ones who would like to visit this blog ... which need I say is run by an Indian blogger who claims to have more access to Chinese companies then any Pakistani ...

Oh and just a tidbid, according to him H-2/H4 never went in to service nor is the CM-400 AKG a mach 4.5-5 missile as reported by Janes ...

TRISHUL: Myanmar Opts For CATIC's FC-1 Light MRCA

Oh and since we have to take his word as something carved in stone ... what does the Indian data mining fan boy community think about this little quote of his ...

For instance, each flight hour logged in by the Su-30MKI requires at least 32 maintenance hours of work by its ground crew.

Indian Air Force [Interviews & News]

Oh and btw ... below is the link for Janes which quotes CM-400 akg at 4.5-5 Mach ...

Images show JF-17 flying with CM-400AKG hypersonic ASM - IHS Jane's 360

Last edited:
much appreciated but you are wasting your time with a uni-directional ignorant troll

full

What a brilliant post -- copied & pasted word for word ... See we too can Bold and make it seem as if its something ground breaking yada yada etc.... and for the ones who would like to visit this blog ... which need I say is run by an Indian blogger who claims to have more access to Chinese companies then any Pakistani ...

Oh and just a tidbid, according to him H-2/H4 never went in to service nor is the CM-400 AKG a mach 4.5-5 missile as reported by Janes ...

Oh and since we have to take his word as something carved in stone ... what does the Indian data mining fan boy community think about this little quote of his ...

Oh and btw ... below is the link for Janes which quotes CM-400 akg at 4.5-5 Mach ...

Your next post better be original or you wont be posting here again.

First of all not all planes of any block are not capable of firing antiship weapon as you are thinking. The planes have to be modified for firing that kind of weapon its not just any plug-n-play and you are just rock-n-roll.

And what you want to prove from the promotional video by the way

start counting - have a look each aircraft is from a different squadron. And these squadrons are not even based in Karachi!!!

JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25282%2529.jpg

sd-10+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+sd-10+bvr+aam+c-802a+antiship+missile+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+(IFR)+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV(1).jpg

No 26 Squadron Black spiders aircraft

JF-17%2BThunder%2BPakistan%2BAir%2BForce%2BPAF%2BC-802A%2BAnti-ship%2BMissile%2BSD-10A%2BBVRAAM%2BPL-5E%2BII%2BWVRAAM%2B%2B500%2Bkg%2BLS-6%2BSatellite%2BInertially%2BGuided%2BBomb%2BLT-3%2BLT-2LS-500J%2BLaser%2B%2BHAFER%2BH-4PGM%2BRAAD%2BMAR-1%2B(2).jpg

No 16 Squadron Panthers Aircraft.

IzNlfP5.png

Hey atleast you do know how to copy BS from prasun gupta's (troll) blog...:lol:

Last edited:
18th February 2010 Dawn of a new warbird

Attachments

• 1441778885696.jpg
    1441778885696.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 153
Brothers first of all I want to clarify it clearly, bold and loud that there is no intention of mine to troll or to make fun on anybody or anything what so ever.

Your next post better be original or you wont be posting here again.
@Oscar
@Oscar Got your point/rule Sir pls pardon my ignorance does the rule is also valid for the whole article/blog published copy/paste without indicating any source of author/publication because I have seen many of that too ?? Regards

Hey atleast you do know how to copy BS from prasun gupta's (troll) blog...:lol:
full

much appreciated but you are wasting your time with a uni-directional ignorant troll

If you think that copy/pasting someone content from some other source is a crime than I regret it but every one of us gets idea from some where and my action indicates my lazyness to type the whole content myself but what I feel is correct in this particular context.

I believe PAF follows the NATO standards and you seems to have a some knowledge of a fighter aircraft so no need to explain and go into the details of the Lugs, Pylon, sway braces, CAD, Racks, Jettison, electro imulse catridges, Ejectors, Rail ejection launcher, Guided Missile Launcher. Stores, S&A, TDD etc and understand all these terms and without any example of Maritime Jaguar or MKI of IAF lets straight away to the main point.

1. Do you want me to believe that all PAF squardon commander of JF-17 fleets is/will be maintaining AAE Inventory Reports and AAE assets matrix which represent inventory status projected for 10 years into the future, and to determine the readiness posture and identify shortfalls in sufficient lead time to allow the procurement process to take place) for the naval strike capabilities of all the bases?

2. Do you want me to believe that all PAF Squardons & bases are/will be equipped, trained, and proficient in storing, maintance, installation, arming, fuse handling etc, of all Mission AAE (items of AAE that are installed on JF-17 for antiship mission with CMxxx) other than the inventory AAE for all the operational fighter planes of all ROLE i.e Tactical, Trainer, Patrol, Recce and don't care for the cost escalation?

3. Do you want me to believe the all PAF pilot of JF-17 fleets are proficient, trained, and have practiced for the antiship strike role other than ground attack, CAP, SEAD, DEAD, Air supremacy, Interceptor, dogfighter; which includes knowledge of handling and usage the JF-17 airborne radar to detect and identify the enemy ship (probably IN) over the horizon against the sea clutter, targeting and programming the AsHM embebded in its memory the coordinates and radar/thermal characteristics of the target prior to attack the target, releasing the weapon and updating and guiding till the weapon goes active, via airborne advance tactical datalink pod (not datalink 16) and have practiced which I believe 7-8 times(I am not in PAF) to be certified for the mission. They are also trained and have knowledge of the shipbased radars their identification, capabilities, weakness and exploiting the weakness with deception and decoys, Radar avoidance, ESW warfare, ASR equipment's, etc.?

4. Do you want me to believe that all PAF technicians are trained and certified to handled the CM400 AKG antiship missile, installation of fins and wings, its manual adjustment, fuses and its associated AAE, and its accessories and the installation of associated pylon, catridge activated ejectors and airborne stores, suspending lugs, sway braces, mechanical and electrical connections, S&A (safety and arming)device and TDD (target-detecting device) maintenance, cranes, trollies and hoists and all JF-17 is equipped with the data link pod for CM400 updates and uploading/upgradation of software/database mission computers with the database of the enemy warships/boats/carriers signature, ship/coastal radars etc.?

5. Do you want me to believe that each and every JF-17 is certified with the flight load factor in specified altitute and flight envelope which in this case with 2 CM400 AKG under wings, tested with the weapon load, certified and maintained for the sea/alkaline conditions( the salts present in the air causes corosions and needs some care for the fighter planes and the weapons ) and no special electrical wiring, umbilical cable and connection power supply is not required, no change in navigational equipment, no special ejector mechanism (certainly for foldable wings of CMxxx), Pylon to be installed prior to the mission, no installation of the Advance Tactical Data Link Pod in case of single aircraft mission and in case of multiple aircraft mission in 1 or more?

I can point some more points but my point is fighter planes do required certain modification for the maritime strike and antiship missions. Infact any fighter aircraft can be used for maritime attack mission but have to with some preparation and pilots to be trained for the mission. To be noted that according to wikepedia the Chinese claims to have developed the missile ejector which can serve for common ejection system for multiple weapon system and can help in converting any Chinese planes to carry CM400 AKG which is great but that does not means that it can serve for each and every weapon store and it does not means that you installed the pylon, attached the Ejectors and mounted any weapon; certain mechanical, electrical connections are to be made.

If you can answer my question above I would be very happy because this could be my last post because my post are bieng taken as troll and most important I don't like the informative thread like this to be filled with useless and wasted with allegation,fun making comments which makes the thread unnessecory very long and becomes impossible for the new members (yes which I myself experienced/feels) to browse all the pages for getting the important updates/information.
I joined PDF to post some of my thoughts and ask certain questions from some of the knowledgeable members to gain some knowledge and get some certain information which comes to my mind and I am very much interested in JF-17 and little bit surprised for not getting enough sales order.!!!!

One more thing that came to my mind while typing this post is I remember in the past LTTE's airwing aka Air Tiger converted 2-3 small civilian propeller planes for doping bombs over Srilankan airbase from the stuffs from calcutta scrap market. They uses JUGGAD for the release mechanism and Drums filled with explosive (amonium nitroxide) and juggadu timing and firing/fuzing mechanism.

For continuous 2 days I am being attacked from the series of elegations from our Pakistani members first for doubting Burraq as CH-3 and now in this thread. I tried to answer most of the quotes every time except senseless quotes but I am getting over wirmed which is consuming lot of my time which I have very less to spare. So I would like to request to our @MOD @Oscar to end my membership if they are finding my posts irrelevant and rubbish.

Have Fun Guys !!!

start counting - have a look each aircraft is from a different squadron. And these squadrons are not even based in Karachi!!!

JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-Ship+cruise+missile+with+range+of+180+kilometers+255+c803+yj83+PLAAF+Navy+attack+operational+maritime+fighter+jet+pakistan+air+force+china+%25282%2529.jpg

sd-10+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+sd-10+bvr+aam+c-802a+antiship+missile+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+(IFR)+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV(1).jpg

No 26 Squadron Black spiders aircraft

JF-17%2BThunder%2BPakistan%2BAir%2BForce%2BPAF%2BC-802A%2BAnti-ship%2BMissile%2BSD-10A%2BBVRAAM%2BPL-5E%2BII%2BWVRAAM%2B%2B500%2Bkg%2BLS-6%2BSatellite%2BInertially%2BGuided%2BBomb%2BLT-3%2BLT-2LS-500J%2BLaser%2B%2BHAFER%2BH-4PGM%2BRAAD%2BMAR-1%2B(2).jpg

No 16 Squadron Panthers Aircraft.

IzNlfP5.png

Sir the first picture is of chinese FC-1 probably SP series with the practice/training CMxxx note the blue color indication. Second picture yes JF-17 can't say may during some display, third picture I have seen so many time but with the logo between I can say is from promotional pic or a wallpaper pic may be photoshoped, fourth pic is from some video, can't say much. Yes you can post as many pic as you want and I will count but I don't think you can, actually its special weapon and not a general purpose ordanance and getting pic with the service weapon would be difficult one. And counting on the picture is not a good idea because lot of time dummy weapon is attached for the promotion/displays/events. You will get the answer from the number of CMxxx imported by PAF from china, so chill, no hard feeling and don't consider my post as an attempt to Troll.

Last edited:

Too much Bollywood destroys common sense hence your questions that have already been answered on this forum makes no sense. The radar can guide the missile with coordinate updates and data link sharing which is on board both the aircraft as well as the missile. See Tue data link antenna or both for reference in pics available on previous pages. In the terminal phase, the missile is on its own with onboard radar taking over from the aircraft radar for target updates and coordinates on it's way.

Don't believe every thing your hear from said Ali khan :rofl:

Brothers first of all I want to clarify it clearly, bold and loud that there is no intention of mine to troll or to make fun on anybody or anything what so ever.

@Oscar
@Oscar Got your point/rule Sir pls pardon my ignorance does the rule is also valid for the whole article/blog published copy/paste without indicating any source of author/publication because I have seen many of that too ?? Regards

If you think that copy/pasting someone content from some other source is a crime than I regret it but every one of us gets idea from some where and my action indicates my lazyness to type the whole content myself but what I feel is correct in this particular context.

I believe PAF follows the NATO standards and you seems to have a some knowledge of a fighter aircraft so no need to explain and go into the details of the Lugs, Pylon, sway braces, CAD, Racks, Jettison, electro imulse catridges, Ejectors, Rail ejection launcher, Guided Missile Launcher. Stores, S&A, TDD etc and understand all these terms and without any example of Maritime Jaguar or MKI of IAF lets straight away to the main point.

1. Do you want me to believe that all PAF squardon commander of JF-17 fleets is/will be maintaining AAE Inventory Reports and AAE assets matrix which represent inventory status projected for 10 years into the future, and to determine the readiness posture and identify shortfalls in sufficient lead time to allow the procurement process to take place) for the naval strike capabilities of all the bases?

2. Do you want me to believe that all PAF Squardons & bases are/will be equipped, trained, and proficient in storing, maintance, installation, arming, fuse handling etc, of all Mission AAE (items of AAE that are installed on JF-17 for antiship mission with CMxxx) other than the inventory AAE for all the operational fighter planes of all ROLE i.e Tactical, Trainer, Patrol, Recce and don't care for the cost escalation?

3. Do you want me to believe the all PAF pilot of JF-17 fleets are proficient, trained, and have practiced for the antiship strike role other than ground attack, CAP, SEAD, DEAD, Air supremacy, Interceptor, dogfighter; which includes knowledge of handling and usage the JF-17 airborne radar to detect and identify the enemy ship (probably IN) over the horizon against the sea clutter, targeting and programming the AsHM embebded in its memory the coordinates and radar/thermal characteristics of the target prior to attack the target, releasing the weapon and updating and guiding till the weapon goes active, via airborne advance tactical datalink pod (not datalink 16) and have practiced which I believe 7-8 times(I am not in PAF) to be certified for the mission. They are also trained and have knowledge of the shipbased radars their identification, capabilities, weakness and exploiting the weakness with deception and decoys, Radar avoidance, ESW warfare, ASR equipment's, etc.?

4. Do you want me to believe that all PAF technicians are trained and certified to handled the CM400 AKG antiship missile, installation of fins and wings, its manual adjustment, fuses and its associated AAE, and its accessories and the installation of associated pylon, catridge activated ejectors and airborne stores, suspending lugs, sway braces, mechanical and electrical connections, S&A (safety and arming)device and TDD (target-detecting device) maintenance, cranes, trollies and hoists and all JF-17 is equipped with the data link pod for CM400 updates and uploading/upgradation of software/database mission computers with the database of the enemy warships/boats/carriers signature, ship/coastal radars etc.?

5. Do you want me to believe that each and every JF-17 is certified with the flight load factor in specified altitute and flight envelope which in this case with 2 CM400 AKG under wings, tested with the weapon load, certified and maintained for the sea/alkaline conditions( the salts present in the air causes corosions and needs some care for the fighter planes and the weapons ) and no special electrical wiring, umbilical cable and connection power supply is not required, no change in navigational equipment, no special ejector mechanism (certainly for foldable wings of CMxxx), Pylon to be installed prior to the mission, no installation of the Advance Tactical Data Link Pod in case of single aircraft mission and in case of multiple aircraft mission in 1 or more?

I can point some more points but my point is fighter planes do required certain modification for the maritime strike and antiship missions. Infact any fighter aircraft can be used for maritime attack mission but have to with some preparation and pilots to be trained for the mission. To be noted that according to wikepedia the Chinese claims to have developed the missile ejector which can serve for common ejection system for multiple weapon system and can help in converting any Chinese planes to carry CM400 AKG which is great but that does not means that it can serve for each and every weapon store and it does not means that you installed the pylon, attached the Ejectors and mounted any weapon; certain mechanical, electrical connections are to be made.

If you can answer my question above I would be very happy because this could be my last post because my post are bieng taken as troll and most important I don't like the informative thread like this to be filled with useless and wasted with allegation,fun making comments which makes the thread unnessecory very long and becomes impossible for the new members (yes which I myself experienced/feels) to browse all the pages for getting the important updates/information.
I joined PDF to post some of my thoughts and ask certain questions from some of the knowledgeable members to gain some knowledge and get some certain information which comes to my mind and I am very much interested in JF-17 and little bit surprised for not getting enough sales order.!!!!

One more thing that came to my mind while typing this post is I remember in the past LTTE's airwing aka Air Tiger converted 2-3 small civilian propeller planes for doping bombs over Srilankan airbase from the stuffs from calcutta scrap market. They uses JUGGAD for the release mechanism and Drums filled with explosive (amonium nitroxide) and juggadu timing and firing/fuzing mechanism.

For continuous 2 days I am being attacked from the series of elegations from our Pakistani members first for doubting Burraq as CH-3 and now in this thread. I tried to answer most of the quotes every time except senseless quotes but I am getting over wirmed which is consuming lot of my time which I have very less to spare. So I would like to request to our @MOD @Oscar to end my membership if they are finding my posts irrelevant and rubbish.

Have Fun Guys !!!

Sir the first picture is of chinese FC-1 probably SP series with the practice/training CMxxx note the blue color indication. Second picture yes JF-17 can't say may during some display, third picture I have seen so many time but with the logo between I can say is from promotional pic or a wallpaper pic may be photoshoped, fourth pic is from some video, can't say much. Yes you can post as many pic as you want and I will count but I don't think you can, actually its special weapon and not a general purpose ordanance and getting pic with the service weapon would be difficult one. And counting on the picture is not a good idea because lot of time dummy weapon is attached for the promotion/displays/events. You will get the answer from the number of CMxxx imported by PAF from china, so chill, no hard feeling and don't consider my post as an attempt to Troll.
I am not associated with paf. Yet ur 5 question made me reply.

I assume i understood ur post properly if not u can ignore.

3 Out of 5 questions r related to squardon ground staff. 2 with aircraft.

Each sqd is trained for its role. Hence hav capabilties which their tole demands.

Aircraft capabilities r different thing.

2 question can be replied in affirmative manner.
Yes Jf is capable of roles mentioned.

Sqd staff is trained or not its aktogather different topic.

In simple words any jf17 can be readily configured for any role that u mentioned.

PS: Pakistan is not what ppl in india believe. Visit Pakistan and see it through naked unbaised eyes.

I am not associated with paf. Yet ur 5 question made me reply.

I assume i understood ur post properly if not u can ignore.

3 Out of 5 questions r related to squardon ground staff. 2 with aircraft.

Each sqd is trained for its role. Hence hav capabilties which their tole demands.

Aircraft capabilities r different thing.

2 question can be replied in affirmative manner.
Yes Jf is capable of roles mentioned.

Sqd staff is trained or not its aktogather different topic.

In simple words any jf17 can be readily configured for any role that u mentioned.

PS: Pakistan is not what ppl in india believe. Visit Pakistan and see it through naked unbaised eyes.
Thanks for the reply but the question asked was for some other members in some different context. No body is questioning the planes capability rather the deployment on the specific role. Ignore such long and detailed hush hush, even I am not in PAF :p:, I am just a Mechanic, and nice to meet you. See you more in future and why you think I am unbiased.

@Oscar

Have Fun Guys !!!

full

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/docs/7_5_1.pdf

frabz-He-did-it-again-04d85d.jpg

Well simply copy pasting is kind of a crime .. especially if your a researcher ... it's called plagiarism and since we're not in class and this isn't a thesis so I guess -- it's not much of a point to call you out on that ... why I did was simply because you were quoting word for word from a dude who claims to know the Chinese military hardware better then any Pakistani ... that is like Zahid Hamid saying that he knows Elta inside out better then any Indian or American for that matter ...

So why am I pointing it out again .... (that you simply copy pasted from other sources) is well kind of because your normal responses are less coherent and sometimes don't even make sense ... kind of reminds me of NKVD ... but then again, you be the judge ...

HAHA Good Job so much trouble to highlight all the pics, but thats the definition of AAE statis matrix.
You fails to highlight other parts also.

Thanks for the reply but the question asked was for some other members in some different context. No body is questioning the planes capability rather the deployment on the specific role. Ignore such long and detailed hush hush, even I am not in PAF :p:, I am just a Mechanic, and nice to meet you. See you more in future and why you think I am unbiased.

What I will say is that because I have a manageerial background so I will answer you on some of your questions -- well, actually I'll just give one answer for all your managerial questions ...

and the answer is simple enough ... you don't have to believe anything regarding PAF ... for all we care you can believe whatever you want -- but let me just point out a little fact that may sting provided your last post was full of "do you want me to believe ... XYZ complication"...

So here are just some basic facts you need to know ...

-In terms of strength (in terms of combat aircrafts) you have around an automatic numerical superiority of nearly 3 times vis a vis Pakistan .. In terms of the types of aircrafts you operate, you have atleast 5 types of aircrafts only from Russian origin ( Mig 21/23/27/29 & SU-30 MKI) and two from france (M2k & Jaguar (technically anglo-french but whatever)) and your adding another french jet in Rafale (if the MMRCA goes through) and the 'home grown' (yes I did put quote marks on home grown cuz this is what sarcasm looks like ) LCA Tejas ... While PAF is operating JFT, Mirage III/V Rose, F-16 and F-7's (P & PG's) --- So while your operating a huge mix, and will make it even more complex with your planned inductions, PAF is busy simplifying its assets for more effectiveness and efficiency ...

and here is the kicker ... for an airforce that has atleast 3 times the assets compared to its nemesis, that has atleast 3 times the active air bases compared to its nemesis, whose fleet is alot more complex if you take into consideration, the sheer types of aircrafts and the fact that it will become alot more complex in the near future against its nemesis who is looking to simplify its mix .... THAT airforce (IAF) only operates about TWICE the Human resource compared to its nemesis (PAF) ...

The conclusion being your underhanded (HR wise) for a far more complex job as compared to your rival ... and guess what ... even you admit to it .. atleast part of it though ...

Furthermore, the IAF’s current fighter aircraft to pilot ratio is 1:0.81.”Our sanctioned strength for [combat] pilots is less than that of our adversaries,” the report said, adding that the Pakistan Air Force’s fighter to pilot ratio was 1:2.5

The Indian Air Force’s Big Problem: Not Enough Pilots! | The Diplomat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom