What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF base Faisal is my good guess.

Pakistani airfields have multi-aircraft launch capability? The run way looks massive and wide enough to support operations like the USN's Alert-5 aircraft launching SOP's....

Pakistani airfields have multi-aircraft launch capability? The run way looks massive and wide enough to support operations like the USN's Alert-5 aircraft launching SOP's....

Yes.

PAF base Faisal is my good guess.
It's PAF Base Peshawar.

7-Pakistan-Peshawar.jpg

Hi there i heard somewhere Pakistan is negotiating with UAE for Mirage 2000 on easy installments actually offer came from U.A.E but rejected by Pakistan due to high price. UAE offer quite less on price and even installments but blocked when Pakistan refuses to Join coalition against Yemen Now again after KSA involvement likely to happen soon. PAF will look like that 100 + F-16, Around 150 + JF-17 & 60 + Mirage 2000.

Hi there i heard somewhere Pakistan is negotiating with UAE for Mirage 2000 on easy installments actually offer came from U.A.E but rejected by Pakistan due to high price. UAE offer quite less on price and even installments but blocked when Pakistan refuses to Join coalition against Yemen Now again after KSA involvement likely to happen soon. PAF will look like that 100 + F-16, Around 150 + JF-17 & 60 + Mirage 2000.
More on above U.A.E may provide F16 in next five years when they induct their new jets.

More on above U.A.E may provide F16 in next five years when they induct their new jets.
Old news, PAF is not pursuing that path anymore. The focus is on JF-17 and beyond as of now.

Old news, PAF is not pursuing that path anymore. The focus is on JF-17 and beyond as of now.
Dear Sir Old news gets new leads PAF have complete knowledge of Mirages and have support infrastructures. Deal went cold because of high price but now things change low price KSA involvement may be funds from KSA. My source was working as instructor in UAE air force former PAF pilot. Now he was retired and working in UAE as a civilian.

the air force chief is probably thinking yes but this budget is thinking no. thats one way to put it.
give it time the jft is moving along just fine. you dont need the burden of a new platform to deal with too. it will ruin you.
jets like the eft ,rafale, su35, and f18's are jet that wont be inducted either due to financial or political difficulty. however it may be worth looking at the f16 block 60, about 18 of those will sure help. and will make a lot more sense than a buying a entirely new jet.

waste of money if we buy F16 b 60 while working on JFT b 3 which should probably be like Blk 60 F16s.

that insurance policy is going to cost a few billion. paf already has 76 f16's and is actively looking for second hand jet's for which they will be refurbished and inducted. the j10b is a good jet but. the tech, in the j10 is already being installed on the jf17 and upcoming blocks of the jet..
war is an expensive business and like Mastan explained it is an alternative solution when first or second hand F-16s become off limits. has happened enough times already for PAF so its shame on PAF when its not prepared when it will be ditches once again by Uncle Sam.

Hi,

The J 10 B is basically the same thing as an F 16. Having J 10 B's is like securing your position----like covering your flank in case some issues pop up with the F 16's---it is like an INSURANCE policy to cover your assets in times of duress.
makes sense , just the way you said it. so the funds meant for F-16s can be diverted towards J10 procurement. if our airforce takes care of the complexities handling another platform then on the positive side , the jet force mix of PAF will present "disagreeable" challenges for the foe (to put it in layman's terms)

J10B is definitely a higher tier jet above the league of our JF-17.

@Zarvan I stand corrected. you do have a point :)

war is an expensive business and like Mastan explained it is an alternative solution when first or second hand F-16s become off limits. has happened enough times already for PAF so its shame on PAF when its not prepared when it will be ditches once again by Uncle Sam.

well you do have a point where embargo have interrupted your airforces fleet. if the US and Pakistan are not on good terms then the j10b is a jet that you should look at. because even buying second hand f16's does require US approval.

US foreign policies towards Pakistan has significantly fluctuated in the past. i feel a second supplier is a good option and even a third. well a second supplier would obviously be china, but you need someone else. like Saab or bae systems. the jets may be expansive but they are just as capable as the US jets in some cases even better.
i have not mentioned mig or sukhoi as russia will not sell to Pakistan to risk it's indian relationship even though india is moving towards Europe and the US

The first JFTs to be IFRed will be the maritime strike squadron to be based at Masroor in 2016 inshallah with a permanent basing of a IL78 MRTT at Masroor.

Since I am here every other Wednesday around late 2nd half an IL78 MRTT passes over my head :D I have a video with me will upload it.

well you do have a point where embargo have interrupted your airforces fleet. if the US and Pakistan are not on good terms then the j10b is a jet that you should look at. because even buying second hand f16's does require US approval.

US foreign policies towards Pakistan has significantly fluctuated in the past. i feel a second supplier is a good option and even a third. well a second supplier would obviously be china, but you need someone else. like Saab or bae systems. the jets may be expansive but they are just as capable as the US jets in some cases even better.
i have not mentioned mig or sukhoi as russia will not sell to Pakistan to risk it's indian relationship even though india is moving towards Europe and the US
I agree with your commentary, a reliable 2nd supplier is needed othjer than china where china is lagging in terms of technology and performance. the alternatives are French that are very expensive or like you mentioned Swedish or British systems but they are dependent on American components and will be affected by automatic ban in case of American embargo. I think BAE systems is partly owned by Americans and even if its not I doubt Brits can go against the Americans.
Swedish Gripen had same issue as well. so the solution is either to stay useful towards USA (sorry there is no other sugar quoted wording I can provide) or settle for China. Russian relations are in the infancy and they haven't forgotten our role against them on behalf of the Americans although Americans have.

Russian relations are in the infancy and they haven't forgotten our role against them on behalf of the Americans although Americans have.
They should and if they don't, they can be reminded of their role in the partition of Pakistan in 1971 that predates our role. That is the job of the foreign office but what the present head-less office could do other than running around like a headless chicken.

They should and if they don't, they can be reminded of their role in the partition of Pakistan in 1971 that predates our role. That is the job of the foreign office but what the present head-less office could do other than running around like a headless chicken.
well there are always Pakistani mangoes to send specially when personal business interests are considered

I agree with your commentary, a reliable 2nd supplier is needed othjer than china where china is lagging in terms of technology and performance. the alternatives are French that are very expensive or like you mentioned Swedish or British systems but they are dependent on American components and will be affected by automatic ban in case of American embargo. I think BAE systems is partly owned by Americans and even if its not I doubt Brits can go against the Americans.
Swedish Gripen had same issue as well. so the solution is either to stay useful towards USA (sorry there is no other sugar quoted wording I can provide) or settle for China. Russian relations are in the infancy and they haven't forgotten our role against them on behalf of the Americans although Americans have.
the us will not embargo Pakistan, bae systems is own by share holders link below of major holders. i think buying about a minimum of 18 f16block 60+ should be a stop gap. and this deal will be more viable as they will be based the same base were the paf blk 52 are kept . this base is home to lockheed personel who maintain the jets and train crew.
at first i thought the j10b is not going to happen. but now that i think about it again it does seem to be a really good option.

buying jets from saab will not be a problem. the only thing i can see to be a problem is them ignoring you as they are lobbying india to buy the gripen. as india is preparing to launch a 90 plane tender, the same will apply for bae systems.

my conclusion go for the f16 block 60+ and buy second hand f16 or go for the j10b

2313171538_c4d9ce2ffb_o.jpg
AIR_F-16IN_Concept_lg.jpg

bae systems major share holders: BAE Systems PLC (LSE:BA.) -Major Shareholders | Forecasts & Deals | Company Search | Simply Stockbrokers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom