What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the strain and testing required if you now change the wing structure would be such that it would set the project back 2-3 yrs. We need rapid replacement of our fleet and are cash strapped. Where is the money for this luxury that you propose going to come from. As I explained earlier the powers that be set the design parameters after thinking out all thew options. Interestingly one of our senior posters Sir Pshamim posted that the PAF was no longer interested in buying J10s as it felt that the capacity to upgrade JFT is far more than J10s. He did not explain why but irrespective the news was from AF sources and as such needs to be paid heed to.
Araz

Hi,

You are correct----there should be no more major design changes on the JF 17---just some modifications as needed.

Araz----what is going to come down in the 4 and 4.5 gen aircraft is the electronics and weapons package---. The aircraft in itself has ability---it has agility---it has capability----it comes with a complete weapons package that no other single engine aircraft offers at this time for all roles---be it naval---air to air or air to ground---.

any changes would be cumbersome---time consuming and not too productive---.

Real or PS?

Kuwaiti (flag on the tail) F-18 or Israeli (David's Star beside cockpit)?
it is real and was taken during dubai air show ... only current operators are Aus and USA
kuwait however is interested in this beauty

Hi,

You are correct----there should be no more major design changes on the JF 17---just some modifications as needed.

Araz----what is going to come down in the 4 and 4.5 gen aircraft is the electronics and weapons package---. The aircraft in itself has ability---it has agility---it has capability----it comes with a complete weapons package that no other single engine aircraft offers at this time for all roles---be it naval---air to air or air to ground---.

Fully agreed. I merely responded to the question that was posed. I have to say that we are in an enviable position in that we have finally teemed up with a country that is willing to share its developments with us at a price which we can afford. A mutually beneficial and symbiotic relationship based on trust has evolved over the years. This will help both the countries and Pakistan more so than China. So as the aviation industry in China evolves we will pick and choose the components which need to go into future blocks of JFT. Interestingly we have not been too clingy and where things have not been upto par we have inducted electronics from other sources(the INDRA countermeasures and MAWSbeing an example). As You have mentioned it will mostly be electronics countermeasure capability a newer radar and possibly a more powerful engine to run the additional electronics. As such we dont need to do anything else as the machine works fine as it is.
Araz

i know i am dragging my foot here as i have put forward this comment a little while ago as well.. but for future developments and / or blocks.. i honestly hope we develop JF17 on the same lines as that of F1 from F16.
this wud mean that we increase the wingspan /wingsize a little... leading to more internal fuel and hopefully 2 more stations. Composite use can also be increased which coupled with a higher thrust engine will do just fine for us.
DRFM and other electronic countermeasures, IRST, AESA etc etc.. all depend upon 2 things.. 1) better engine 2) increase use of composite.
JF17 is a great bird.. it needs to mature to its true potential and stand alongside some of the best single engine aircraft that are out there.

Damn JF-17 looks like a CHUCHA even in front of medium size jet like Hornet. Hornet look real beast here.

Hornet is a beast. Any jet with the ability to load almost 10 TONS of weapons, will have to be a beast to hold and delivery that much heavy load. JFT on the other hand, is a light to medium attack plane with less than 4 tons of weapons and fuel capacity.

Real or PS?

Its as real as if you saw your face in the mirror right now.

what I meant was any news, pics, vids of Thunder's anti-ship missile tests?

The picture was taken during 2013 Dubai Air Show.
The F/A18 Super Hornet belongs to USAF with W/C Ronald at the control of JF-17.

Hi,

I was expecting structural changes with WS-13, but I'm not sure about the authenticity of pictures, of prototype with WS-13 engine. Do you trust those pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom