What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sir/Madam what is the status of jf17 twin seater and which engine it will use. Any major changes in the airframe. I think it would serve as LIFT with combat capability.!! Than

Hello Sir/Madam what is the status of jf17 twin seater and which engine it will use. Any major changes in the airframe. I think it would serve as LIFT with combat capability.!! Thanks in advance

Hello Sir/Madam what is the status of jf17 twin seater and which engine it will use. Any major changes in the airframe. I think it would serve as LIFT with combat capability.!! Than

Hello Sir/Madam what is the status of jf17 twin seater and which engine it will use. Any major changes in the airframe. I think it would serve as LIFT with combat capability.!! Thanks in advance

It will be roll out in the end of next year as per our PD of JF17 and yes it may contain some changes but not major one

twin seater is on the way sir and engine will be same as per latest info

Going by this news, Block-3 will be a twin seater and will incorporate JHMCS.
If they are to be inducted in 2016, we should see some flying in later part of this year.

Concerning the take off demonstrated at Paris, as the plane pitches it's nose up quickly, doesn't the AoA exceed the 26 degrees we believe it is limited to?

Sorry for the language barrier. Can someone please be kind enough to translate more of that video? Are they saying the Block 3 and the B will be on the same prototype in 2016? I.E. Cannot imagine Block 3 production in 18 months.

There is logic in that the twin seater platform may as well be Block 3. From and efficiency point, saves having a Block 3 single seater prototype and they a 2-seater prototype.

Last edited:
11262370_10153186368647663_7729425881167112781_n.jpg

happy eid mubarak

C4iSR: Air

Beijing tech show highlights advances in Chinese fighter sensors

Richard D Fisher Jr, Washington, DC - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

16 July 2015

A-Star's EOTS-86 appears to be similar to the Electro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS) that equips the Lockheed Martin F-35.

China's Jiangsu A-Star Aviation Industries Company (A-Star) used the first Beijing exhibition promoting "civil-military integration" to reveal new combat aircraft electro-optical systems, some of which may be slated for the country's fifth-generation fighters.

A-Star's booth featured images of a Shenyang Aircraft Corporation J-31 fifth-generation export fighter to highlight two electro-optical systems, although it is not clear that A-Star's systems will equip future developments of this fighter, revealed as the FC-31 at the November 2014 Zhuhai Air Show.

A-Star's EORD-31 appears to be a conventional infrared search and tracking (IRST) system but with a faceted sensor dome; and the claimed ability to detect a F-22.

The EOTS-89 resembles the Electro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS) of the Lockheed Martin F-35, which combines Forward Looking Infrared and Infrared Search and Track (IRST) capabilities.

Attachments

• 1437223267149.jpg
    1437223267149.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 1437223281316.jpg
    1437223281316.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 136
Concerning the take off demonstrated at Paris, as the plane pitches it's nose up quickly, doesn't the AoA exceed the 26 degrees we believe it is limited to?

Sorry for the language barrier. Can someone please be kind enough to translate more of that video? Are they saying the Block 3 and the B will be on the same prototype in 2016? I.E. Cannot imagine Block 3 production in 18 months.

There is logic in that the twin seater platform may as well be Block 3. From and efficiency point, saves having a Block 3 single seater prototype and they a 2-seater prototype.

The AoA is of not a concern since in such a vertical direction, the aircraft is essentially running a very high thrust to weight ratio, that is the engine is providing more thrust than the weight of the aircraft so any difference in the Thrust-Weight=acceleration....which in this case is upwards with declining speed, so that's why the pilot quickly goes horizontal from vertical. It is also helped by the initial speed built up during the take off roll.

AoA is of concern when the wings are producing lift to support the aircraft weight. In this precise moment, that is not the case, the wings are hardly generating any lift, the aircraft is essentially behaving like a rocket. Rockets don't need wings, do they?

Going by this news, Block-3 will be a twin seater and will incorporate JHMCS.
If they are to be inducted in 2016, we should see some flying in later part of this year.

I think 2016 is too quick for induction, but then any potential orders rest on the twin-seater which should be made available sooner than later. But PAF has to absorb the 50 unit BLK II order before it can induct BLK III, and that is going to be a massive task considering that previous Mirage/F-7 units need to be reconverted completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom