What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Oscar @MastanKhan

Can we use some leverage to get the rights for integration of locally developed AESA and EW suite into our F-16 fleet? This upgrade should be developed from BLK 3's tech.
No. The F-16 is a Lockheed Martin product and only Lockheed Martin approved systems can go into it. Tampering with it otherwise will not only void any future support on the product but also damage our relationship with the manufacturer and the US.

No. The F-16 is a Lockheed Martin product and only Lockheed Martin approved systems can go into it. Tampering with it otherwise will not only void any future support on the product but also damage our relationship with the manufacturer and the US.

That wasn't the case with Israel, furthermore what if Pakistan manages to create a different version of the systems integrated in the future JF-17, and get it verified?, and then integrate it into the then "older" planes of our F-16 fleet. Will that work?.

Is this on display at Paris now? PAS15.
Dont know if it is in Paris but this particular picture was first seen in October 2012!

jf-17_thunder_sd-10_bvr_mssile_ls-6_bomb.jpg

laser sensor - PAFwallpapers Blog

That wasn't the case with Israel, furthermore what if Pakistan manages to create a different version of the systems integrated in the future JF-17, and get it verified?, and then integrate it into the then "older" planes of our F-16 fleet. Will that work?.
Because they were ISRAEL and they got permission to integrate some home grown systems into there F-16s

Allowing Pakistan (or any country) to integrate just one of its own indigenous subsystem today means tomorrow there will integrate 2 subsystems, the next day 3 and eventually the OEMs loose the valuable aftersales. Besides the need for control politically (I am sure the GoP) signed clauses to respect American OEMs on Spares and services, LM, Boeing etc on developing a fighter they know will fly and sell for the next 40 years, they already factored in their company earnings.

Because they were ISRAEL and they got permission to integrate some home grown systems into there F-16s

But what about getting the product verified?, and then integrate it.

if your radar can not "talk" to the other sensors and weapons on the platform, then it would be useless. To be able to "talk" with all these other systems and weapons it should be able to "talk" in the same "language" for which you need the source codes, which we don't have and will not have.

if your radar can not "talk" to the other sensors and weapons on the platform, then it would be useless. To be able to "talk" with all these other systems and weapons it should be able to "talk" in the same "language" for which you need the source codes, which we don't have and will not have.

So any idea of integrating our own avionics in F-16s only depend if USA provides us these codes, which going by our relations, won't happen. Right?.

Not PAS15
surely not PAS15 as you can see in the link the article that have THIS image is from October 2012. Don't know if the same were there in this air show but if they were we still haven't seen a picture of that. From marketing point of view, if that project is still active and there are any chances of integrating this with Blk-1 or even Blk-2 in future, PAF must have carried these for display at least, should have. Four SD-10 will be twice as good as two SD-10s :)

But what about getting the product verified?, and then integrate it.
for that you will have to share your technology with them and that PAF wont want! Also as @Tempest II have said, it is financially not feasible for the manufacturer (read Lockheed Martin in this case)

post-16-0-85237500-1434895940.jpg

This always look to me as a dedicated EW Pod hard point on frontal fuselage. I hope we will see one active around the same place in Block-III. Along with multiple ejector rails for SD-10 this dedicated hard point will address the lack of fire power issue with JF-17.

View attachment 231583

This always look to me as a dedicated EW Pod hard point on frontal fuselage. I hope we will see one active around the same place in Block-III. Along with multiple ejector rails for SD-10 this dedicated hard point will address the lack of fire power issue with JF-17.

Its 23mm dual barrel gun mount.

I think what he meant was to add Pakistani made systems, if any, to the F-16 fleet after seeking manufacturer and USA approval, similar to the F-16I 'Sufa'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom