What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Operational, 32 Thunders. 18 in 26th Squadron and 14 in 16th Squadron. A third Squadron is at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra, having 11 Thunders under trials and tests.
2) The 'Quick' or 'Emergency' delivery of 50 JF-17s from China still is a news and nothing has been done yet. I have got no knowledge about the status of that program yet, ask Oscar or Nabil.

oprational are 40 confirmed by PAF squadron level exercise news, there are also some new that in april they will raise the 3rd squadron so it will be around 52-56 till end of april or (add some more delays ) may.

but why i didnt see a singal pic of thunder with refeuling probes? ( peley rang main hi koi lay aey :frown: even in a prototype testbed kind of pic)

oprational are 40 confirmed by PAF squadron level exercise news, there are also some new that in april they will raise the 3rd squadron so it will be around 52-56 till end of april or (add some more delays ) may.

but why i didnt see a singal pic of thunder with refeuling probes? ( peley rang main hi koi lay aey :frown: even in a prototype testbed kind of pic)
That is because JF-17 Block I is not made with Air-to-Air refueling capabilities. That option is available in the next block. And the third squadron would soon be induced!

Those 50 Quick deliveries are still a mystery.. as there is no official PAF mention or any reports of any other procurement of JF17's other than the ones being manufactured at Kamra at the discussed paces.

To my understanding, this MoU between Pakistan and China is an agreement much like one we had for PG's in 1990's due to which we got emergency delivery of PGs in 2002 during failed Indian Op ParaKaram. AS there is no immediate threat there, normal path is being followed but 50 Thunder will be here if things started to get tense between India and Pak.

But again, this is just my own opinion. Please don't take it as news or anything like that.

To my understanding, this MoU between Pakistan and China is an agreement much like one we had for PG's in 1990's due to which we got emergency delivery of PGs in 2002 during failed Indian Op ParaKaram. AS there is no immediate threat there, normal path is being followed but 50 Thunder will be here if things started to get tense between India and Pak.

But again, this is just my own opinion. Please don't take it as news or anything like that.

You may be right..
But my own sniffing around has given no indication of anything other than the Thunders to be manufactured at Kamra.
Which brings up an interesting theory.. if China would be able to provide 50 JF-17's(considering that the only manufacturing line is in Kamra.. by manufacturing line it means a setup like a factory to churn out Thunders..not a prototype assembly facility).. does China also consider Xialong to be a viable option for its fleet and wishes to have the ability to induct quick numbers of FC-1's if the need arises?

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is some info that PAF is working on getting JF17 to launch stand off land attack cruise missiles

the missile is called CM-400AKG a varient of C802, also known as CM-802AKG

the missile has its own advanced seeker which can be pre-programmed and ZDK-03 also datalink with it, it is designed to penetrate deep underground bunkers and fortifications

C802 has already succesfully been fired and hit a target fired from JF17, lets wait and see how this missile comes along, it is lighter than C802 but has a longer range meaning it can target locations deep into enemy territory

if this news is true it will open a new era for JF17
"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

I Saw this info on a Chinese forum ....
Regardless of Land attack version .....the Firing of C802 from JFT and hitting a target ....that is more interesting to me ...is it true ....does any body hv any info on that ...

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is some info that PAF is working on getting JF17 to launch stand off land attack cruise missiles

the missile is called CM-400AKG a varient of C802, also known as CM-802AKG

the missile has its own advanced seeker which can be pre-programmed and ZDK-03 also datalink with it, it is designed to penetrate deep underground bunkers and fortifications

C802 has already succesfully been fired and hit a target fired from JF17, lets wait and see how this missile comes along, it is lighter than C802 but has a longer range meaning it can target locations deep into enemy territory

if this news is true it will open a new era for JF17
"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

I Saw this info on a Chinese forum ....
Regardless of Land attack version .....the Firing of C802 from JFT and hitting a target ....that is more interesting to me ...is it true ....does any body hv any info on that ...

indeed, C-802 is of much more interest as PAF already have the air launched RAAD cruise missile with range of appx 300KM, that is more the the reported 220KM range of CM-802AKG

regards!

m new on this forum m from kashmir (india). can any one plz tell me why pakistan is spending so much for a low tech ac like jf17 instead going for some thing much more advanced. if advance acs aren't available to Pakistan then in ma view they should look for more potent air defense systems to counter advance fighter jets of iaf.

m new on this forum m from kashmir (india). can any one plz tell me why pakistan is spending so much for a low tech ac like jf17 instead going for some thing much more advanced. if advance acs aren't available to Pakistan then in ma view they should look for more potent air defense systems to counter advance fighter jets of iaf.

simple answer is we dont have money so we are getting the best 4/4.5 generation plane based on performance to cost ratio / maintance / upgradation capabilities to field more than half of our existing squadrons.. rest 40% squadrons would field a more capable fighter[medium wt] eg f16mlu/new , j10b which would be employed with specialized offensive tasks only and wont be overburdened to babysit jft

However the excitement you see in this thread is the fighter's design and avionics seroiusly have the potential to match the newer if not the newest versions of gripen and f16 -- jft is a light fighter, not a low tech fighter

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/19930-paf-shouldve-invested-more-j-10s-8.html
summary
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/155779-jf-17-thunder-ready-tear-world-asunder.html
explanation
http://www.defence.pk/forums/jf-17-thunder/71435-jf-17-thunder-information-pool-21.html

Ahh...man you shouldn't view it as low tech...instead look it as a bang for a buck:azn:
anyway JF 17 has got fairly decent tech, unless ofcourse you compare it to a heavy and matured plane like the su 30 or hornet ...

What is “low tech” about the JF-17’s TACTICAL SYSTEMS?
Also, not all missions will require front-end and hi-tech weapons … … so, with good planning, the JF-17 will be tasked to tackle missions that fits it technology WHICH IS BY NO MEANS LOW TECH!

i agree that jf17 is a big milestone towards the accomplishing the goal of self reliance for paf, but i think paf is missing a trick here by solely concentrating on this 1 project when india on the other hand is flaunting muscles with the best jets available in the industry, like su30 mki, mirage20009 upgraded), and now Rafael. pakistan has no such projects other than j10 which is obviously due to lack of funds. j10 is indeed a very capable fighter but we really dont know how well it will perform against the most advanced European jets. what i m trying to say here is that pakistan should look to get in more joint ventures with not only china but with countries like turkey and the epicenter of the intention should be developing more advance air defense systems.

i agree that jf17 is a big milestone towards the accomplishing the goal of self reliance for paf, but i think paf is missing a trick here by solely concentrating on this 1 project when india on the other hand is flaunting muscles with the best jets available in the industry, like su30 mki, mirage20009 upgraded), and now Rafael. pakistan has no such projects other than j10 which is obviously due to lack of funds. j10 is indeed a very capable fighter but we really dont know how well it will perform against the most advanced European jets. what i m trying to say here is that pakistan should look to get in more joint ventures with not only china but with countries like turkey and the epicenter of the intention should be developing more advance air defense systems.

Thought the J-10 has been known to beat the MKKs. In what way do you consider the J-10B inferior to the Rafale? Please note, being cheaper/economic is an ADVANTAGE AND NOT A DISADVANTAGE as you are trying to portray.

What ground-based air defence capabilities do you want to see in Pakistan that they don't have? Please give specific capabilities and examples of system brands.

Also consider that if PAF is looking to be defensive, then their requirements (capability, mix and quantinty) will be different to IAF.

spyder air defence system is arguably lot better than our spada2000( just going with what i have read on the web). IAf's mix is definitely different in capability, mix and quantity but what worries me is that its only better in every department. only sphere that we are better at is probably training and skills of pilots. what paf needs is a jet like F15 probably 100 of them to go with 100 f16s of different blocks that we already have, a strong surface to air defence system then we can produce as many jf17s as we like and j10bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom