What's new

JF-17 thunder is more effective than F-16 in attacking sea targets: Experts

Someone claimed that JF17 can take out sats in orbit and will be used as an ASAT platform, now it will be used as a ASW platform too!!!??

Not to mention its a 4++ gen low observability, stealthy, cheap, nuke capable, anti ship capable, ballistic and cruise missile capable multirole fighter. The best aircraft that nixes every other plane thats present in the sub continent!!.

We are truly impressed and worried.

well thats what Dr. Mohammad Khan of NDU said to Radio Pakistan.

Nope. That is not what he said. Read your post again.

The quoted Urdu news starts with a statement about 'experts' talking about JF-17's ability to hit targets 'pani kay andar'. Pls note that the Urdu word 'andar' does not necessarily equate to English word 'under'. The next sentence then introduces Dr. M. Khan of NDU. None of the subsequent statements attributed to the said Dr are factually incorrect, and in none of these does he refer to any purported underwater targeting capabilities of JF-17.

Clearly the first statement conveys the understanding of the journalist concerned, not Dr. M. Khan. If you were to somehow contact Dr. M. Khan, I am quite sure he would not agree to the unwarranted extrapolation which is pretty nonsensical to begin with.

When we run with pseudo-news like this, we open ourselves to ridicule.

well thats what Dr. Mohammad Khan of NDU said to Radio Pakistan.

Dr Mohammad Khan of NDu does not head the JF-17 project nor does he have connections to it.

Secondly, I am sure the good Doctor never meant to say underwater targets but rather sea targets. Journalism can misquote or it can be a slip of the tongue. It befalls readers to be more alert rather than follow exactly what has been said.

After all, If people were to follow how Junaid Jamshaid sang. "ya rab dille Muslim ko, woh zinda tamanna de.. Jo kalb go garma de"
(O lord, give the heart of muslims the burning desire, that warms the dog).. when the song actually says Qalb(heart).. then a lot of dogs would spontaneously combust whenever Muslims got romantic or sentimental.

Dr Mohammad Khan of NDu does not head the JF-17 project nor does he have connections to it.

Secondly, I am sure the good Doctor never meant to say underwater targets but rather sea targets. Journalism can misquote or it can be a slip of the tongue. It befalls readers to be more alert rather than follow exactly what has been said.

After all, If people were to follow how Junaid Jamshaid sang. "ya rab dille Muslim ko, woh zinda tamanna de.. Jo kalb go garma de"
(O lord, give the heart of muslims the burning desire, that warms the dog).. when the song actually says Qalb(heart).. then a lot of dogs would spontaneously combust whenever Muslims got romantic or sentimental.

You sir, are hilarious... Sometimes I so wish that you did not dislike me so much :)

I dislike lop sided attitudes.. and the personalities associated with them.

You also like us Butt Sahiban because of our dashing good looks & our divinely refined palate for good food - Koi nahin inferiority complex hotaa haiii ! :whistle:

Achaaa waisee jokes aside - Can't we buy some blue-prints for some Soviet Era (I'm thinking the '80s) stuff - avionics, metallurgy, some weapons, some other equipment etc., off the Black-Market not to build cent-for-cent just to absorb the technical know-how to possibly improve upon the products we already do produce under TOT or to even set aside a small portion for R&D to come up with a new product altogether ?

I'm thinking of maybe oozing out some more performance out of the KLJ-7 Radars or one of those Italian Radars we produce locally under license through appropriate & suitable customization or to even improve upon those Radars ?

Perhaps even furthering this to other military applications ?

It seems odd for such a small fighter to attack underwater, It could be just surface sea targets. However Looking at possibility there are two ways to detect submarine without having sonar that is Magnetic Anomaly detection and maybe IRST. if jf17 is carrying it Then its possible. However I don't jf17 has the capability author has been mislead.

But F-16 has no naval role! So this comparison is bogus at best.

You also like us Butt Sahiban because of our dashing good looks & our divinely refined palate for good food - Koi nahin inferiority complex hotaa haiii ! :whistle:

Achaaa waisee jokes aside - Can't we buy some blue-prints for some Soviet Era (I'm thinking the '80s) stuff - avionics, metallurgy, some weapons, some other equipment etc., off the Black-Market not to build cent-for-cent just to absorb the technical know-how to possibly improve upon the products we already do produce under TOT or to even set aside a small portion for R&D to come up with a new product altogether ?

I'm thinking of maybe oozing out some more performance out of the KLJ-7 Radars or one of those Italian Radars we produce locally under license through appropriate & suitable customization or to even improve upon those Radars ?

Perhaps even furthering this to other military applications ?
I like butts because of one fine evening driving in Sialkot. Butt brothers parts, Butt Cars, Butt Foods, Butt Strore.. and finally Butt oil.
No Butts about it.

The problem with the reverse engineering approach is that you get from 1-6 but dont learn about 2-3-4-5. So While you do end up getting to know 1 and 6... you realize that since you dont have the background knowledge base to do 2-3-4-5. you can do either 1 or 6. And since doing a 6 is risky and near impossible for you to pull off succesfully.. you end up doing 6+1=7 +1=8 +1=9.
Now the person who did go through 2-3-5 or at least spent a lot of time learning 2-3-4-5 ..can then do 6+2 =8 +3=11 +4=15.. and so on. Case in point: the Indian and Pakistani Missile programs.

Going back to the 80's wont help now. What is needed is true R&D on current and emerging technologies and not trying to circumvent development hurdles by just copy pasting(something I am guilty of as well). Sure, that solves the problem when making a product.. but it serves the opposite when in an academic environment...which is where in Pakistan plagiarism and short cuts thrive.

But F-16 has no naval role! So this comparison is bogus at best.
F-16s have had, and their derivatives still have naval roles across many airforces.

Tommorrow there is another claim will arise that JF -17 can shoot down geostationary satellites.So this news is not a surprise

F-16 operational with AGM-64D(not SLAM)
5615647513_ed51087221_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom