What's new

JF-17 test flight with ws-13 "taisan" engine.

never gona happened w-13 production is only affordable by china not by Pakistan because china have many project of air craft and pakistan needs to focus on raddar developing an AESA independent radar with input of westren and chines block 3 will be compare able by f-16 and jas-39

希望能够尽快量产WS-13,必须要比RD33有更大推力,同时在能耗上要有所降低!
剂量它能够提供动力大功率有源相控阵雷达的?
大家都知道AESA需要一个非常强大的发动机为F - 16区块60是使用144千牛的推力
SO剂量WS -13可以提供100千牛推力偷看所以这将是足够的用于驱动AESA雷达

剂量它能够提供动力大功率有源相控阵雷达的?
大家都知道AESA需要一个非常强大的发动机为F - 16区块60是使用144千牛的推力
SO剂量WS -13可以提供100千牛推力偷看所以这将是足够的用于驱动AESA雷达
یعنی

Dose It provides high power to power active electronically scan array radar ?
We all know that AESA need a very powerful engine for the F - 16 Block 60 is the use of 144 kN thrust
SO dose WS -13 provide 100 kN thrust peek so it will be enough to drive the AESA radar

never gona happened w-13 production is only affordable by china not by Pakistan because china have many project of air craft and pakistan needs to focus on raddar developing an AESA independent radar with input of westren and chines block 3 will be compare able by f-16 and jas-39
even if we wont make these at PAC it is safer to get from China and the main thing is it will offer improved capabilities.

250 Aircrafts for Pakistan and pulse others for Exports. I Think we can afford it and get profit from it too.

Main considerations when selecting Radar for a given aircraft are cost, size, weight, cooling & power requirements. New generation AESA radars don’t weight a lot more than mechanical radars; however size, cost, power requirement & cooling are still problematic especially when retrofitting in existing airframe.

JF-17 is a small aircraft with limited space in its nose cone. In my opinion main problem would be reducing AESA size & finding room for the extra cooling. Additionally, even though AESA radar is difficult to jam & considered a ‘Force multiplier’; it has smaller scanning area than mechanically scanned radars. It is because of this fact that Captor installed in the Eurofighter Typhoon is a mechanically scanned radar.

I think PAF is quite happy with the performance of the RD93 engine and now there are no threats of sanctions by the Russians as they are willing to sell directly to pakistan

I don't think the PAF is concerned about the physical performance of the JF-17. While I wouldn't discount the possibility of another JF-17 model with a larger airframe and more powerful engine (akin to F-16A to F-16C), I don't think that is the main focus right now for PAF. Once JF-17 inductions (150-200) are wrapped up, the PAF should shift its focus on developing and producing a next generation platform.

WS-13 is on par with F414

I would HIGHLY doubt that. When the WS-13 is tested and it "actually" does provide similar performance and quality.....do post all the statistics on here. On paper is one thing, in reality is another. I'll believe the reality when there is credible data on it.

WS-13 is a relatively newer engine and we should wait to install this engine till it has matured and has a track record.

The word "testing" and "confirmed" in a single line makes complete sense.

:lol:

I would HIGHLY doubt that. When the WS-13 is tested and it "actually" does provide similar performance and quality.....do post all the statistics on here. On paper is one thing, in reality is another. I'll believe the reality when there is credible data on it.
I agree. Although the chinese have come a long way they are still 5 - 10 yrs àway from producing a quality engine. It takes years to mature a technology and the Chinese are just entering that era. Give them a decade.

Back
Top Bottom