What's new

Jewish settlers attack 7-year-old Palestinian girl in south Hebron hills

Your post has nothing to do with the thread, why are you deflecting? This thread reflects on what the occupied Palestinian people have faced for decades and on a daily basis in their own territory.

Israel does kill thousands, just not at the current moment since there isn't an uprising. During uprisings in the occupied territory they didn't struggle in shooting up teenagers.

Btw, where's your source for this? If it's true it certainly is despicable, although act of one deranged family. An young Israeli woman was killed by an Israeli woman a couple days ago and we didn't see any outrage over it. Only when Palestinians commit such attacks.

Pappan: Varför har ingen berättat? | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Is this a blog? I can't read that language so provide us with another source. Translating it won't prove anything, although it still has nothing to do with the topic. I can do the same thing you did but just with Israeli peoples. Were you trying to make some kind of point or could we get back on topic?

One can almost devine the content of people's post based on their flags. Whenever I post a topic such as this and see someone from Israel, India or some Western country is commenting, I know what his purpose will be - deflect or blame Palestinians; somethinbg, anything, to spare Israel's image.

I don't know what your point is and I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out you're inventing this incident so as to make whatever point you think you're making. But even supposing your story is true there's a difference here - parental abuse of children happens in all countries and everywhere is frowned upon; it can therefore be safely ascribed to evil individuals. But that doesn't apply to abuses such as the one exposed in the article; they are not the work of individuals alone but of the occupation system itself. Israel seldom to never investigates crimes perpetrated by settlers against Palestinians - this is a fact. And those settlers in the city where the girl got attacked, Hebron, are particularly violent and particularly favored by Israel's insistence to look the other way whenever a Jew does something against a Palestinian. When the state refuses to investigate a crime, when it systematically ignores repeated incidence of abuse, the crime ceases to be product of deviant individuals - it becomes the crime of the state itself, which encourages its perpetrators and would-be imitators by intentionally failing to repress their acts, and this is what is happening in those settlement, which, by the way, are criminal in their very essence.

You pointed out yourself earlier that some settlers are considered to be terrorists even by the Israeli Government.

Jewish settlers attack Israel soldiers for second night

I don't disagree with that.
I doubt it is part of the self-image of Israelis, and they have a problem coming to terms with it.

Have said it before, but I can repeat:

The current Israeli Government needs to be replaced before progress an be achieved.

Is this a blog? I can't read that language so provide us with another source. Translating it won't prove anything, although it still has nothing to do with the topic. I can do the same thing you did but just with Israeli peoples. Were you trying to make some kind of point or could we get back on topic?

It is "Aftonbladet", the largest evening newspaper in Sweden (so of course it is Swedish)
translate.google.com is Your friend.

The point is that individuals are responsible for their own actions, whether it is jews or palestinians.

eved.

It is "Aftonbladet", the largest evening newspaper in Sweden (so of course it is Swedish)
translate.google.com is Your friend.

The point is that individuals are responsible for their own actions, whether it is jews or palestinians.

That's true, however not in this case, this is the policy of a state. The occupation of Palestinian territory and the government programs for settlers enables these settlers to attack the Palestinian people. So essentially this violence is sanctioned by the Israeli state since they legislate land-grabbing programs therefore bearing full responsibility for any Israeli actions inside Palestinian territory.

You pointed out yourself earlier that some settlers are considered to be terrorists even by the Israeli Government.
Jewish settlers attack Israel soldiers for second night
I don't disagree with that.
I doubt it is part of the self-image of Israelis, and they have a problem coming to terms with it.
Have said it before, but I can repeat:
The current Israeli Government needs to be replaced before progress an be achieved.

Your link just supports my the point. Those settlers were treated with kid gloves by the soldiers - the night before, when they asked the soldiers to make room so they could trash the army camps, the soldiers complied. If Palestinians had asked that, each one would've gotten a bullet in the head. Not that Israeli soldiers like to be humiliated by whomever it is, Jew or Palestinian - they complied because that is probably what is asked of them by their superiors: that they avoid confronting the settlers no matter what. What your link shows is that settlers are abusing the power given to them by the Israeli state; their power to intimidate, vandalize, wound and kill, is supposed to have Palestinians exclusively as their target; but emboldened by the state, Israelis are now attacking their own.

The settlers in that incident are unlikely to be seriously pursued by the state and even more unlikely is that they'll come under Israeli terrorism laws. Even Jews who do this Israel fails to class as terrorists; what hope is there that they would call terrorists some dudes who just wounded a child?

And the way Israel handles these settlers is hardly a recent innovation; it comes from long date. The policy of appeasement towards West Bank settlers is the hallmark of all Israeli administrations. Just compare how Israel, under Yitzhak Rabin The Dove, treated Hebron settlers in the aftermath of the 1994 Hebron massacre and how it treated its victims, the Palestinians.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom