What's new

Jet fighter crashes at Indonesian air show; 2 dead

Sugarcane

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
YOGYAKARTA: An Indonesian jet fighter taking part in an aerobatic show crashed and burst into flames Sunday, killing two pilots. No one on the ground was injured.

The KAI T-50 Golden Eagle, a US-South Korean-made light attack aircraft, spun out of control and crashed into an air force base complex near Adi Sutjipto Airport in Yogyakarta, a tourist destination city on the main island of Java, according to a witness, Jawardi, who goes by a single name. He spoke to MetroTV.

The crash occurred on the second day of an air show celebrating the 70th anniversary of the Air Force Flight School in Yogyakarta, said Air Vice Marshal Dwi Badarmanto, an air force spokesman.

The pilot and co-pilot – both Indonesians – died instantly, and an investigation team has been sent to the crash site, he said.

TV showed plumes of black smoke billowing from the wreckage as the plane burst into flames.

The trainer aircraft is one of 16 similar models bought by the Indonesian air force last year.

Jet fighter crashes at Indonesian air show; 2 dead - World - DAWN.COM

On behalf of my people, I would like to extend my sincerest condolences to the Indonesian people and especially to the families of these brave IAF pilots. Hopefully, the investigators from Jakarta and Seoul can find out why this tragedy happened.

Last edited:
RIP brave Pilots ..:(
very unfortunate Incident ..
Our condolence to Indonesia and its People .

RIP :(

Geez, this is gonna be bad press for LM and KAI....

RIP departed souls. My sincere condolences to their families and people of Indonesia.

Anybody noticed the vertical climb is too fast? I suspect the pilot blackout when the plane stalled and toss/spining towards crashed. If not, they could have pull the ejection seats to save themselves.

Back
Top Bottom