What's new

Jet Engine Production in Pakistan

Its far better to have tried and failed then not try at all. Atleast i give credit to India that they made an attempt. Also i am sure the knowledge that they would have gained would have been immense. Who knows maybe on the next attempt they will succeed.

I don't have any problem in trying and failing but keep pouring resources where no tangible benefit is a foregone conclusion is like reviving the dead horse. It is time to give it a proper burial.

If someone can tell me the spin off technology that we have got from Kavery then I would stop calling it a dud project.

What about nationalization in 70s? I think that was the worst thing happened to Pakistan...
That was worst happening in Pakistan's industrial history.
My father had just joined army at that time, was appointed in IV&EE Chaklala lab. The lab had developed an offroader on basis of CJ-5. It was just a lab not a production facility but they have managed to manufacture all the parts in local Industry. Then suddenly there was no industry and no offroader army project

The spirit is right but again there is more to it than meets the eye. Even if you have the spirit it wont do anything when you need a specialized steel plant to manufacturew the turbine blades. It is Dual use as I think turbines are the basis of electricity generation of which we have immense shortage. Then there are ancillary skills one needs to acquire before you are ready for the final lunge. This is why i have suggested a progressive stage of assembly with increasing content of locally assembled parts.
A
Spirit brings the ways.
Our solution is in German education system. How it divides at elementary level and leaves no one behind even mentally ill and retarded (the Sain of our society) are part of production and not burden on it.
Electricity generation shortage is manufactured.
With huge canal system, it's like a hungry man sitting on pile of fruits. There are much advanced low pressure turbines available today, but in on top haramkhors, spirits lacks and greed is in extra abundance.
House owners can be provided with cheap solar and mini wind turbine options, only if govt had any interest, but then again, there would be no extra money from UPS charging at 1000-2000w.

Its far better to have tried and failed then not try at all. Atleast i give credit to India that they made an attempt. Also i am sure the knowledge that they would have gained would have been immense. Who knows maybe on the next attempt they will succeed.

Technically, Kaveri project isn't cancelled.
It is still ongoing, some last mile problems need to be tweaked for it to produce +90kN with a better T/W ratio.

Right now, Snecma is helping us solve this problem; this is happening because of the offsets clause in the 36 Rafale deal.

And yes you are correct, if a country wants something as complicated as an afterburning turbofan they need to start somewhere regardless of how small the initial step is.
It is a very frustrating endeavour and results don't appear quickly either, but success does appear eventually. Ask the Chinese.

Last edited:
They will not come back!

We should make this first:

They will come back if the authorities make certain obligations on scholarship programs .

every year Pakistan will get thousands of foreign educated engineers .

No any western countries has helped china. they did everything by supporting the young generation on education.

Back
Top Bottom