What's new

Jayalalithaa suspends officer for allowing Sri Lankan football team to play

Neuro

BANNED
Reaction score
The Hindu : States / Tamil Nadu : Jayalalithaa suspends officer for allowing Sri Lankan football team to play friendly match

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday ordered the suspension of the officer of the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium here for allowing Sri Lankan football players to play a friendly match with a Customs Department team last week.

Ms. Jayalalithaa also directed that the players be sent home.

In a statement, the Chief Minister said she issued orders for sending back eight students and the coach of the team of the Hilburn International School, Ratnapura. The team was here to play matches with Vellammal Higher Secondary School.

The team had come after the Royal College of Colombo evinced interest in playing friendly matches. The college contacted a Reserve Bank of India official, who made the arrangement. The team arrived on August 30 and played a match with the Customs team on August 31.

Ms. Jayalalithaa said, “When I inquired into the matter, I was told that the Reserve Bank official had sought permission from the stadium officer, who had orally granted permission. The officer has no power to allow matches in the indoor stadium and only the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu (SDAT) has been vested with the power to do so.”

By allowing the Sri Lankan team to play in the stadium, the officer had hurt the sentiments of Tamils, she said. “I have directed the Chief Secretary to place the officer under suspension and take departmental action against him. The Sri Lankan team will not be allowed to play any matches in the State and I have issued orders to send them back to their country.”

It was the Union government that had granted the Sri Lankan team permission to play friendly matches in Tamil Nadu to improve their skills. “The decision of the Indian government had humiliated the people of Tamil Nadu and I condemn the Centre for this,” she said. The permission was given when there was a growing discontent against training being given to Sri Lankan Army officers in Wellington.

Ms. Jayalalithaa alleged that instead of acting on the resolution adopted in the Assembly seeking rehabilitation of the Tamils living in camps and restoration of their rights on a par with those of the Sinhalese, the Centre was ignoring the aspirations of the Tamils by training the Sri Lankan Army. Though she urged the Centre to send the two Army officers back to Sri Lanka, it did not agree to her demand, she noted.

===

Why this SLkans bastards always coming 2 TN wic we don't like.

Many times Sinhalese beaten up at Tamilnadu but those shameless still coming with smile , I don't know what kind of creature they R . Anyhow good decision by J.

This excuse of a woman needs to find the nearest rock and crawl under it.

3rd class act of Tamils in India, Tamilnadu.
First invite for "friendly matches" then show their uneducated style. lol poor people!

Tamil killers are NOT welcome in Tamil Nadu.

The one who invited them in the first place should be suspended first

Why not banning SriLankan Airlines and Mihin Lanka Airlines? lol

I am not a fan of this drama played by our politicians. It doesn't help the Lankan Tamils in any way. But then, this is better than dealing with the fringe fanatic groups and the accompanying security issues.

The one who Respect our Tamil Peoples Feelings who knows as the Best CM...

Ya She Respecting Tamil Peoples

The Indian Government gives permission to play? what was the people in the Center thinking?
if they gave permision, they should have asked the SL government to send their boys to either Goa or NE where Foot Ball is a great game. There they would suck the mud by a marigin of 90 to 0 goals difference.

what was the SL government thinking when they sent their young chaps man.

Good move .. let Sri Lanka know we have strong leader who can act for our people. As of now they have deal with spineless jerk like MMS.

I hope she will support BJP in coming elections and be part of center politics. We need leaders like her.

I am not a fan of this drama played by our politicians. It doesn't help the Lankan Tamils in any way. But then, this is better than dealing with the fringe fanatic groups and the accompanying security issues.

Its not a drama as you think, she expressing cumulative feelings of TN people. Ok.... if we allowed that assholes to play match at TN means gud things will happens to tamils at Lanka.... never.

common guys!!!

why target those Srilankan players!! as much as i dont like Srilanka's conduct during the war against LTTE or some racist policies of Srilankan govt against its Tamil minority, targetting Srilankan civilians does not accomplish anything.

Ah F the TN politics !!! How the F are they going to help Indo -Lankan relation like this !!

Lankan tamils need a political solution to their probelms....for that better ties are required between india and Lanka. Enough Tamils and Sinhalese have already died for this.ANd what was the centre thinking Sending them to TN !! Congress idiots ...dont even have the brains !!

Lanka should completely boycott TN !

Back
Top Bottom