What's new

Jayalalithaa calls for a referendum on separate Eelam

Anyway dude, by debbating needlessly on the Hindi issue, the original topic is lost. So this is my final reply on the hindi issue.

A lot a lot,we discussed it already.

Dont compare yourself with Hindi speaking states,compare yourself with rest of south india.

We still score better than all three - Kerala,Andhra and KA on almost all economic indicators and only Kerala is ahead in social indices.

What do you want to compare ?

so,why do you think Congress let PC/Raja/Kalaignar TV to do the 2G scam?

What I am saying is their silence would be damned here and their raising voice would be damned in rest of country as regionalism. What can they do ?

and is Stalin such a saint for having invited a CBi raid?

Stalin, Kalaignar, Amma..no one is a saint. But after 9 years they suddenly found that Stalin was a crook and sent a CBI team immediately after the alliance breakup tells something is my point.

Rajaji felt learning Hindi ll help the independence movement.

Well he obviously was wrong.

they would see one evil tam and super impose it to the whole state.

yeah,this is their flaw and they have to fix it and i also dont think there is a problem with states dictating foreign policy,

As you said, that is their idiocacy. Not our fault. They should try to see the big picture being bureaucrats and all.

No no their,our all bureaucrats are fine man,they can indeed see the bigger picture.

basically Congress won because of DMK's posturing in TN,YSR in AP and Mamata winning anti incumbency vote in WB.

But they hold the cards overall and hence dictate policy but why is Kalaignar scared of CBI,has he forgotten how to do scam scientifically as sarkaria commision said?

PS: Rajaji is most certainly never wrong,sharpest on most accounts.

If India cant do anything for Hindus in Pakistan, then India cant do anything for Tamils in SL. No matter how big the dose of dirty politics. It will al melt down very soon.

We need to look for an amicable solution while not interfering in others affairs, and a resolution will just do that.

If India cant do anything for Hindus in Pakistan, then India cant do anything for Tamils in SL. No matter how big the dose of dirty politics. It will al melt down very soon.

We need to look for an amicable solution while not interfering in others affairs, and a resolution will just do that.

India had a hand in the Tamil genocide in Sri Lanka

At the Serendip Festival in Galle three days ago, Sri Lankan defence secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa repeated his government’s stand that the Manmohan Singh government had always been in the loop during the war.

Can India deny its involvement in the massacre of Tamils ?

That we did not learn Hindi is apparently a reason why many people from North dont feel concerned about the issues in TN. Atleast that is the impression that I got from samatk's posts.
No, the issue is they are not aware of your issues because of the language barrier.

The reason for these agitations are both. Its not only in the name of SL Tamils.

National media is doing a big big disservice to teh country by painting it as one.

Shifting blame now, the statement made by Jayalalitha in no way talks about the fishermen :lol:

And how would we raise our voice ? Any voice that is raised is put down as parochialism, regionalism, chauvinism by Delhi based media and then you have their commentators writing Op-Eds saying the same .

Simply put, there is no honest attempt at actually listening to what we want. How many media,the same who bring in Kashmiri students or Maoist sympathizers, at the drop of a hat even cared to interview any of the agitating students to actually listen to what they want ?

And there is no honest attempt at making the issue of fishermen killings to the larger Indian public, why cause you do not care for a medium to communicate.
Chennai is hostile to me too. I am coimbatorean. Chennai is the same to all. Plus you dont expect to mouth off Hindi in Chennai and expect people to reply back to you in the same vein. Chennai ites are extremely short tempered people.
Mouth off? Quite an imagination you have. They do not understand English too man, of course why should they care to understand us, the sole responsibility lies with us.

Again this post illustrates where the fault lies with.

You would want a section of people to learn your language and culture but you would not make any attempt at learning theirs. especially since most of the migration is reverse. And you tell "we hate Hindi" :rolleyes:. Please understand that Hindi may have a special place to you, but to non-Hindi speakers, its just another language. It holds no significance to them. If they want they will learn it themselves.

What is this about learning 'our' culture, can you please substantiate?

Hindi also holds a value for me, same way it holds for Telugu, to communicate!

And how is it exactly resistance when Hindi is already taught in almost all English medium schools ? Did you read my post ?
Why does your state departments do not have marking in Hindi also? I remember there was a agitation when this was proposed, no? If so why? Does it invade your culture?

its been 4 years, can you list out anything that our "vaunted" diplomacy has achieved ? The fisherman killings have stopped ? Any of the war crimes accounted for ? The promised devolution of power taken place ? The Tamil areas been demilitarized ? The cultural aggression stopped ?

And in these four years, there was no cry from TN about the Tamilians in SL :no:

Wat has your diplomacy achieved so far ? On what basis should I keep believing in it ?

On what basis would they believe in our understanding if such statements are made for political point scoring?

I have ignored the parts about hindi, because that is something irrelevant. Irrespective of our attitudes to Hindi, the Indian Govt has a sovereign responsibility to safeguard the lives of its citizens. We are citizens of India, not Hindia.

Shifting blame now, the statement made by Jayalalitha in no way talks about the fishermen

ADMK is not protesting for you to listen to Jaya.

The protestors are students with no political affliations. Look at their demands.

BTW to set the record straight, she has indeed talked about the fishermen issue in her letterl to the PM.

And there is no honest attempt at making the issue of fishermen killings to the larger Indian public, why cause you do not care for a medium to communicate.

Err...what can we do..come and protest in Ghaziabad or Patna ? And why do we have english media for ?

And in these four years, there was no cry from TN about the Tamilians in SL
Wrong. there were indeed 'cries'. But each time the govt would say, we will look into it and everytime it was buried.

On what basis would they believe in our understanding if such statements are made for political point scoring?

Because the protests now are spearheaded by students who are not into politics..So where does not the political point scoring come in ?

No, the issue is they are not aware of your issues because of the language barrier.

So now that you are aware..do you support our stand ?

I have ignored the parts about hindi, because that is something irrelevant. Irrespective of our attitudes to Hindi, the Indian Govt has a sovereign responsibility to safeguard the lives of its citizens. We are citizens of India, not Hindia.

ADMK is not protesting for you to listen to Jaya.

The protestors are students with no political affliations. Look at their demands.

BTW to set the record straight, she has indeed talked about the fishermen issue in her letterl to the PM.

Err...what can we do..come and protest in Ghaziabad or Patna ? And why do we have english media for ?

Wrong. there were indeed 'cries'. But each time the govt would say, we will look into it and everytime it was buried.

Because the protests now are spearheaded by students who are not into politics..So where does not the political point scoring come in ?

So now that you are aware..do you support our stand ?
Whatever mate, I think it is no point when you want to answer only what you feel like. However, I also rest my case.

But one state's PM giving out such statements is at the cost of India not the GoI no one but India as a whole and one section cannot hold India ransom to this madness of referendum..

Whatever mate, I think it is no point when you want to answer only what you feel like. However, I also rest my case.

But one state's PM giving out such statements is at the cost of India not the GoI no one but India as a whole and one section cannot hold India ransom to this madness of referendum..

Fine leave out the referendum and concentrate on the fishermen issue, That itself would be a big thing.

But doing nothing only furthers the perceptions of north indians at helm not caring about indian tamil fishermen.

And I did not leave out because I could not answer..just that, as I said, what language we speak does not take away the fundamental duty of the GoI to protect our life.

Fine leave out the referendum and concentrate on the fishermen issue, That itself would be a big thing.

But doing nothing only furthers the perceptions of north indians at helm not caring about indian tamil fishermen.

And I did not leave out because I could not answer..just that, as I said, what language we speak does not take away the fundamental duty of the GoI to protect our life.

I agree with you about fishermen problem but then my whole discussion was on the referendum

The 'North Indians' at the helm may have the ingrained bias, but TN also has not helped.

GoI :lol:, you are thinking of an idle world now?

I agree with you about fishermen problem but then my whole discussion was on the referendum

The 'North Indians' at the helm may have the ingrained bias, but TN also has not helped.

GoI :lol:, you are thinking of an idle world now?

The issues are intermixed. Emotions for one find vent through other and vice versa.

If the Govt wants to restore its faith in the people, then it must issue orders to Coast guard to engage Lankan Navy if they harass our fishermen. But as of now, the CG does not even respond to distress calls.

Back
Top Bottom