What's new

Jayalalithaa calls for a referendum on separate Eelam

yaar...they have their share of blame. But even they have the limits..If the people of India dont want regional parties to interfere in foreign policy then the Central govt must actually not give any reason for that and do their duties properly. The fault lies more with the GoI rather than TN politicians.

If they dont raise the issue, they are asked why you did not raise the issue..if they raise they are decried as interfering in forein affairs and all sorts of slanderous things. Frankly what can they do in this case ?

Bro - I do not believe DMK or Karuna had his limits. Indian foreign policy is driven by its own fears - there are multiple ways Karuna could have exploited that - there are numerous ways to raise the fear quotient with the GOI which would have superceded China Bogeyman. DMK or Karuna did not do anything except consolidating his family's hold on DMK.

On a different note, i would say that TN politicians did and are doing a great service to those north indians who had schooling from English medium ans those who have a different dialect than standard hindi.

Without this regional language (tamil) bulkward against hindi imperialism, the yadav trioka would probably disenfranchise non hindi speaking and english educated north indians and exile them (figuratively speaking)

Not sure I agree with that - Hindi opposition is only confined to TN and I do not believe it has its impact beyond the borders of TN.

Bro - I do not believe DMK or Karuna had his limits. Indian foreign policy is driven by its own fears - there are multiple ways Karuna could have exploited that - there are numerous ways to raise the fear quotient with the GOI which would have superceded China Bogeyman. DMK or Karuna did not do anything except consolidating his family's hold on DMK.

See DMK ultimately came out. What happened ? They got a friendly visit from CBI and the Delhi based media has been shouting hoarse about how chauvinistic they are.

As long as the Congress had the SP and BSP by their balls through intimidation by CBI, there is only a limit to which even DMK could go.

Lack of Hindi has not affected TN in any way. Maybe it was true for olden days when we went as blue collar workers but not certainly now...now its actually reverse migration and most of TN migrants being white collar workers who dont need Hindi to survive anywhere.

And are you going to hold the lack of knowledge of hindi as a reason to ignore the killings of fishermen ?

Believe me, we have several things that can force them. Their geographic position is the prime reason.

But that required a certain amount of will. Which we need. We can continue to couch our impotence as diplomacy and non-violence, but its only some time before the bluff is called. Actually it has been called already in almost all our neighbors, save Bhutan.

Hindi and the Fishermen have no connection.

Not sure I agree with that - Hindi opposition is only confined to TN and I do not believe it has its impact beyond the borders of TN.

I thnk he meant the 60s when there were anti-Hindi protests in Bengal, Maharashtra, Andhra too. It was just the protests in TN were the most effective and most vocal.

See DMK ultimately came out. What happened ? They got a friendly visit from CBI and the Delhi based media has been shouting hoarse about how chauvinistic they are.

As long as the Congress had the SP and BSP by their balls through intimidation by CBI, there is only a limit to which even DMK could go.

I do not want to discuss it here on what DMK can do and cannot do - we will catchup offline sometime this week.

I thnk he meant the 60s when there were anti-Hindi protests in Bengal, Maharashtra, Andhra too. It was just the protests in TN were the most effective and most vocal.

I got stumped when he mentioned Yadav troika.

Hindi and the Fishermen have no connection.

That we did not learn Hindi is apparently a reason why many people from North dont feel concerned about the issues in TN. Atleast that is the impression that I got from samatk's posts.

It has impact outside TN borders also.It has lead to English being made an official Indian language.

And a lot of Hindi speaking people do not support this loony Hindi only stance of Imbecile mulayam yadav.It would lead to a situation where people had to either choose to become educated in hindi for government jobs or in english for technical jobs.

i am not a tamil.i am of bihari origin,who has grown up in mumbai along with my friends who are from different parts of the country-marathi,bihari,tamil etc..
being an (evil:P) northy,yes i cant associate or say anything about the tamil feelings on eelam issue.. for me,it is us,interfering in other's internal affairs..
now being practical,i would say that the only solution to this issue would be providing support to the sri lankan govt to rebuild the country and take away the feeling of alienation in the tamils...

about the hindi issue,i have my tamil friends here in my hostel in karnataka,and they speak fluent hindi..they have studied hindi till class 8th being in cbse..they told me that majority tamils in cities learn hindi,but forget it because they dont use it often..

and they say this percentage is increasing everyday...

@KS

The 1930s hindi agitation was what I was talking about. 1960s one is a no brainer - it is not just cultural invasion but also for economic reasons - Hindi was supposed to be the only language even for civil services exams and English was to be removed. And TN was not alone - it was Andhra and Bengal as well fighting against Hindi imposition.

You did not answer me yet - what is that TN is lacking in not learning Hindi? TN has raised a surplus budget again unlike many Hindi speaking states some of which is clamoring for special status.

A lot a lot,we discussed it already.

Dont compare yourself with Hindi speaking states,compare yourself with rest of south india.

so,why do you think Congress let PC/Raja/Kalaignar TV to do the 2G scam?

you have to be together always and when it matters.

and is Stalin such a saint for having invited a CBi raid?

The 1930s hindi agitation was what I was talking about. 1960s one is a no brainer - it is not just cultural invasion but also for economic reasons - Hindi was supposed to be the only language even for civil services exams and English was to be removed. And TN was not alone - it was Andhra and Bengal as well fighting against Hindi imposition.

You did not answer me yet - what is that TN is lacking in not learning Hindi? TN has raised a surplus budget again unlike many Hindi speaking states some of which is clamoring for special status.

Rajaji felt learning Hindi ll help the independence movement.

A lot a lot,we discussed it already.

Dont compare yourself with Hindi speaking states,compare yourself with rest of south india.

so,why do you think Congress let PC/Raja/Kalaignar TV to do the 2G scam?

you have to be together always and when it matters.

and is Stalin such a saint for having invited a CBi raid?

Not sure what is TN lacking apart from the electricity issues compared to other states in South - Beyond that I think the discussions will take us no where as Kalugu presented his arguments to you last week and I concur with him.

That we did not learn Hindi is apparently a reason why many people from North dont feel concerned about the issues in TN. Atleast that is the impression that I got from samatk's posts.

No thats their lack of education.

The bureaucrats and many north indians dont think like that,it is perception xenophobia.

they would see one evil tam and super impose it to the whole state.

yeah,this is their flaw and they have to fix it and i also dont think there is a problem with states dictating foreign policy,

Punjab ll dictate Pak policy,Tn ll dictate SL policy but the trouble the lack of trust worthiness of the politicians here after MGR.

Thats the trouble.

Rajaji felt learning Hindi ll help the independence movement.

The seed to the independence movement itself was layed by English speaking Indians(I am talking about the founding of Congress) - so not sure where Rajaji got the idea that Hindi will help independence movement.

Not sure what is TN lacking apart from the electricity issues compared to other states in South - Beyond that I think the discussions will take us no where as Kalugu presented his arguments to you last week and I concur with him.

I dont agree with you guys on this but lets leave it there.

The seed to the independence movement itself was layed by English speaking Indians(I am talking about the founding of Congress) - so not sure where Rajaji got the idea that Hindi will help independence movement.

Boss,come on.

so many non english speakers were also a part of it.

Back
Top Bottom