msmc(semi bull pup)---close quarter battle
insas lmg----- suppressive fire

kalantak ----???
excalibur----??
what are their roles ???

BY ADMIN AT 11 AUGUST, 2010, 2:28 AM
Jawans get faulty rifles as new ones lie idle
BY: TNN

It seems the first in first out (FIFO) principle of inventory management is bothering soldiers in Indian Army. The 5.56 INSAS rifle — staple weapon of the army — had a common problem of barrel oil splashing into the shooter’s eyes while firing.

The troops were demanding that this defect be removed and it has been over a couple of years since the ordnance factory that makes the rifles has removed the defect and started supplying changed version to the army.

However, thanks to the tardy supply chain management of the armed forces, the troops continue to be issued the old rifles having the defect even as new ones are being stocked in depots.

The jawans may have to wait for a couple of years to get the improved version when the older stock is exhausted.

reading this article i feel that our soldiers would be much safer if they use insas like a club rather than firing with it... we need a replacement
urgently.drdo should be rectifying this first ,and then concentrate more on later advancements..we really dont want to see our soldier holding their dicks in a gun fight cos of a failed rifle...

insas -- standard battle rifle
minsas---- close quarter battle
msmc(semi bull pup)---close quarter battle
insas lmg----- suppressive fire

kalantak ----???
excalibur----??

what are their roles ???

sir i think MSMC is not a bullpup design:what: but old design of having bolt over barrel just like Israeli Uzi . rather than having bolt behind a barrel as in conventional rifles .

Kalantak & excalibur are axed as there is no future for them:agree:
these were only comparable or lower to ak series in over all comparison & IA dont want another INSAS:disagree: .

What’s wrong with Indian military hardware? Failed missiles, impaired planes, defective tanks, and now faulty rifles?

Try considering Chinese military equipment suppliers; they won’t disappoint you I bet!:china:

I think ur name completly suits you. Every equipment has its issues in start and keep on getting better and better time to time after changes and upgrades. Which Failed missiles or failed planes you are talking abt ??
If someone read the article it clearly mentioned that Earlier version guns had this fault and that was rectified later. So its up to the users now how they use rectified guns or how they wana sort out/replace the faulty guns with good ones. And who knows how many guns had that issue, may be 1-2 in 100s??

How many times we have seen media reports the issue which didnot even happened, Last week one mig-21 was flying low and it was reported as crashed.

There are some ignorance from IA for most of the Indian made equipments, if the imported gun have the same issues then no one complain abt it, but if its locally made then they want imported equipments.
DRDO mainly fixed many problems with these guns in last couple of years, and these kind of rifles were designed on given requirements from IA and now they want to replace them without giving time to DRDO to work on new requirements?? Really very sad to see such cases.

@Indian-Devil: yes you are very much rite, but what i see, DRDO lack in QA rather then development. isn't it ISO certified.

Just buy AK-47s: they are cheap, reliable, and are about as accurate as your INSAS. At least you can blame the Russians if the rifle screws you in action.

sir i think MSMC is not a bullpup design

i said semi bull pup bcoz firing mechanism is behind the trigger...

Kalantak & excalibur are axed as there is no future for them
these were only comparable or lower to ak series in over all comparison & IA dont want another INSAS

plzz provide a link......

Back
Top Bottom