Jawans get faulty rifles as new ones lie idle

CONNAN

Reaction score
Country
India
BY ADMIN AT 11 AUGUST, 2010, 2:28 AM
BY: TNN

It seems the first in first out (FIFO) principle of inventory management is bothering soldiers in Indian Army. The 5.56 INSAS rifle — staple weapon of the army — had a common problem of barrel oil splashing into the shooter’s eyes while firing.

The troops were demanding that this defect be removed and it has been over a couple of years since the ordnance factory that makes the rifles has removed the defect and started supplying changed version to the army.

However, thanks to the tardy supply chain management of the armed forces, the troops continue to be issued the old rifles having the defect even as new ones are being stocked in depots.

The jawans may have to wait for a couple of years to get the improved version when the older stock is exhausted.

What’s wrong with Indian military hardware? Failed missiles, impaired planes, defective tanks, and now faulty rifles?

Try considering Chinese military equipment suppliers; they won’t disappoint you I bet!:china:

BY ADMIN AT 11 AUGUST, 2010, 2:28 AM
BY: TNN

It seems the first in first out (FIFO) principle of inventory management is bothering soldiers in Indian Army. The 5.56 INSAS rifle — staple weapon of the army — had a common problem of barrel oil splashing into the shooter’s eyes while firing.

The troops were demanding that this defect be removed and it has been over a couple of years since the ordnance factory that makes the rifles has removed the defect and started supplying changed version to the army.

However, thanks to the tardy supply chain management of the armed forces, the troops continue to be issued the old rifles having the defect even as new ones are being stocked in depots.

The jawans may have to wait for a couple of years to get the improved version when the older stock is exhausted.

Sad state. Very sad.

BTW nice Avatar....hehe.

We can give those old ones to the cops,i believe they are better than having vintage WW2 rifles.

Bloody thing that we never considered making automatic rifles an important thing,We seem blissfully comfortable with the licensed clones we use.

Rather than giving too much importance to helicopters,jet fighter or tanks we also have to think about the small fire arms too as they are most important in guerrilla warfare.

Equipment of the Indian Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This link tells us how much work we have to do.

more than 50 years still has to learn a lot

Well, What happened to those Amogh and Excalibur Rifles of IOB??? Why arent they replacing INSAS with Those???

4367052573_bc13fa0992.jpg

question is cant the higher officers in army .. demand that the newer version be given immediately......

as the atricle ends by saying that jawans have to wait 2 more years for the new version ...

:coffee:

Last edited:
question is cant the higher officers in army .. demand that the newer version be given immediately......

as the atricle ends by saying that jawans have to wait 2 more years for the new version ...

:coffee:

this is the most pathetic way of managing:hitwall::hitwall:

Last edited:
Well, What happened to those Amogh and Excalibur Rifles of IOB??? Why arent they replacing INSAS with Those???

4367052573_bc13fa0992.jpg
They cannot afford to because Netas suck up all the funds that are allocated for weapons. I bet most of those billions are making Switzerland richer now.

F!@#$ng politicians of our country.

i'll like to point it out that the problem of oil spray is not a big issue ,only hyped by story hungry media.It is not that all early versions having this problem its 1 in 100 .
insas in not full auto in first case to cause a reason ,may be long burst of fire may be a cause.

the biggest problem is crude designs dam ordinance factory idiots come to me ill teach you designing for free

I agree that the weapons designs do look a bit crude, most of the weapons fashioned look very similar to AK47 variants or the Uzi in this picture.

Back
Top Bottom