What's new

Jawan dies defusing bomb in Bengal

Ayush

Reaction score
Country
India
Alipurduar, West Bengal, Aug 29 (IBNS) A bomb squad disposal jawan was killed and two others were wounded grievously during an attempt to defuse a powerful device attached to a timer in the Dooars region of North Bengal on Thursday.

The explosive might have planted some insurgent group like Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) active in this part bordering with Assam.

DSP,CID, BImal Kumar Mondal said the deceased is identified as Lal Bahadur Lohar, whose hands and head split in the impact of the bomb.

The critically injured jawans have been admitted to Alipurduar Sadar Hospital.

The incident happened when a patrol police noticed an abandoned cycle at Chowpatti in Alipurduar in Jalpaiguri district in the wee hours
of Thursday.

A tiffin carrier was also attached to the cycle.

Suspecting some explosives might be contained inside the steel box the bomb disposal squad at Siliguri was informed immediately.

The jawans after put the steel box in a plastic sack and took it to a nearby football field where the bomb went off during disposal, killing the jawan and injuring the two.

Police said the bomb might have been left by some insurgent groups like KLO.

On March 18, 2009, bombs attached to a abandoned cycle had killed three persons and injured five in the same region.

Jawan dies defusing bomb in Bengal

Sincere respects to the brave man.

I hope that the perpetrator of this bomb planting is brought forth and dealt with the typical Indian police way.

RIP, was it necessary to graphically describe the poor soldiers injuries? I really hate it when the media do this, I am sure the family and friends of the deceased don't need to read all that, totally insensitive. Anyway bomb disposal is THE toughest job, it take a special character to do this, and he saved many innocent lives. Respect.

Back
Top Bottom