What's new

Japan's national debt: $10.42 trillion, and counting

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Japan's eye-watering national debt has topped one quadrillion yen, official data showed Friday, a record figure that underlines Tokyo's struggle to curb its huge borrowing.

The figure supplied by the finance ministry of 1.008 quadrillion yen by the end of June amounts to about $10.42 trillion at current exchange rates.

A quadrillion is one thousand trillion. Tokyo has the dubious distinction of having, proportionately, the biggest debt pile among industrialised nations, more than twice the size of its economy. The lion's share of that debt is from long- and short-term Japanese government bonds, as well as other borrowing.

The staggering figure, about 1.7 percent higher than the previous quarter, comes a day after Japan pledged to slash its budget and get spending under control.

Japan has not faced a public debt crisis like the kind seen across the debt-riddled eurozone, largely because most of its low-interest debt is held domestically rather than by international creditors.

But the International Monetary Fund and others have issued warnings about Tokyo's ever-increasing borrowing, after a series of sovereign credit rating downgrades in recent years.

This week, the IMF called on Japan to adopt a "credible" fiscal plan to repair its books, including raising sales taxes to generate new revenue. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's government is mulling whether to go ahead with a series of sales tax rises that would double the rate to 10 percent by 2015, a key source of new income but one that some fear would stall his economy-boosting plan dubbed "Abenomics".

Japan's national debt: $10.42 trillion, and counting - Hindustan Times

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah Japan, keep building more toys to bankrupt yourself. :omghaha:

Japan's eye-watering national debt has topped one quadrillion yen, official data showed Friday, a record figure that underlines Tokyo's struggle to curb its huge borrowing.

The figure supplied by the finance ministry of 1.008 quadrillion yen by the end of June amounts to about $10.42 trillion at current exchange rates.

A quadrillion is one thousand trillion. Tokyo has the dubious distinction of having, proportionately, the biggest debt pile among industrialised nations, more than twice the size of its economy. The lion's share of that debt is from long- and short-term Japanese government bonds, as well as other borrowing.

The staggering figure, about 1.7 percent higher than the previous quarter, comes a day after Japan pledged to slash its budget and get spending under control.

Japan has not faced a public debt crisis like the kind seen across the debt-riddled eurozone, largely because most of its low-interest debt is held domestically rather than by international creditors.

But the International Monetary Fund and others have issued warnings about Tokyo's ever-increasing borrowing, after a series of sovereign credit rating downgrades in recent years.

This week, the IMF called on Japan to adopt a "credible" fiscal plan to repair its books, including raising sales taxes to generate new revenue. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's government is mulling whether to go ahead with a series of sales tax rises that would double the rate to 10 percent by 2015, a key source of new income but one that some fear would stall his economy-boosting plan dubbed "Abenomics".

Japan's national debt: $10.42 trillion, and counting - Hindustan Times

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah Japan, keep building more toys to bankrupt yourself. :omghaha:

Yup! Scrapped the Izumo helicopter carrier and Kongo destroyer. Obviously, JMSDF need to cut down on all these toys and decrease the debt.

Haven even start the war with China, it already killed itself.

The only country capable of building and owning those fanciful carrier and powerful warship is China. In fact, we are underspending. And we are setting a trap for our opponent by creating a armed race to bankrupt our opponent without even needing a fight. Our opponent are too stupid to easily fall in our trap!

I give you one great example. Greece!

"All war is based on deception!" Sun Tzu

Yup! Scrapped the Izumo helicopter carrier and Kongo destroyer. Obviously, JMSDF need to cut down on all these toys and decrease the debt.

The only country capable of building and owning those fanciful carrier and powerful warship is China. In fact, we are underspending. And we are setting a trap for our opponent by creating a armed race to bankrupt our opponent without even needing a fight. Our opponent are too stupid to easily fall in our trap!

What is the Greek example?

My last 2 days one night trip to Japan gave me nothing but the impression that the country was in eternal decline。

It was a very different Japan than the one found by me 13 years ago when I stayed in Tokyo for 18 months。

It was a skeleton of the Japan in the 1980s when the whole of the world was soaked in Japanese products。

Prostitutes in Paris at the time were testimony to Jap's prevalence then:

Half price for Japs tourists!!!:laughcry:

Is the little man scared of the Izumo so he has to make a thread mentioning about Japan's already well known debt?

lol, here comes the "everyone is Indian" laughing stock of the forum. :omghaha:

Yes, little bot, that's correct. Your women love laowai.

Is that why your part of europe exports women to almost every region in the world?

Is that why your part of europe exports women to almost every region in the world?

Which part of Europe is that? We import from Dominican Republic. In Switzerland, my other half, there yes, you can find Eastern European girls, but also blacks, Asians etc....

with the trafficking of hundreds of women from Dominican Republic who get work visas as dancers when they in fact work as prostitutes

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2012/6/15/44051/Scandal-with-Dominican-prostitutes-also-rocks-Slovenia

What is the harm?

I mean, it seems that nations with huge debts (like Europeans, America, Japanese) etc just keeps on building and building...while not giving any sh!ts about so-called debt...

So what your debt grows to 1000 trillion? What is exactly the harm?

Google translate waste you a lot of time, uh? It's OK.

I ran it through translator but it refused to do it. I'm guessing it's something stupid and involves India as soon as i see the laughing stock of the forum (China "dragon") replying to it. And his latest post above just confirmed it. It's a mental defense he has, poor boy.
And seeing that you're thanking him like there's no tommorow, i'm also quite certain you're stupid too, just like him. Your Youtube contribution points to this conclusion as well, seeing as it doesn't even play.

If you're stupid you're stupid, best is, until i tell you so, you didn't even know.

It's the most popular article on the BBC news site, it's always on the "most read" list. And it's posted on this forum a lot too. :P

The Indian gang-rape articles are not quite as popular, but since they made the world headlines they can't be missed either.

OMG! I missed it! What a pity...

It's not unusual that rapes happens everyday, mostly in India, and it is more common that they take rape crimes for granted...

What is the harm?

I mean, it seems that nations with huge debts (like Europeans, America, Japanese) etc just keeps on building and building...while not giving any sh!ts about so-called debt...

So what your debt grows to 1000 trillion? What is exactly the harm?

High debt suppresses interest rates which in japan (for many years) together with the US since late 2008 adopted a zero interest rate policy. This in turn suppresses economic growth, one of the few alternatives is to inflate ones way out of so much debt, this is what the US / Japan since late 2012 started to do, but to the detriment of the people who will see their purchasing power reduce.

this thread has become ugly... Maybe mod may clean up here a bit and we start again with the topic of Japan debt.

LOL, so many Mr.Ah-Q in here to enjoy about news: Japan national debt reach over 10 trillion, and think Japanese must cut down their defense budget ...

And national debt !?

What's scrap thread from a ELITE MEMBER ...

Back
Top Bottom