What's new

Japanese economy performing very well this fiscal quarter

It's not about being a detractor, it's about being realistic.

If China's growth rate this quarter is 7.5%, does that mean we will grow at 30% for the year? :cheesy:
That dude doesn't understand the growth is compare to last year quarter and not incrementally added for this year.

Thank you ! It is an auspicious sign, our economy increases as Japanese are becoming confident on our position.

I remember great excitement over Ryutaro Hashimoto's "big bang," and then Junichiro Koizumi's (or should I say Heizo Takanaka's) bank streamlining and SOE privatization plans. Abe's "three arrows," with all due respect, has already accomplished the easy phase, and it remains to be seen if he will be able to push through the structural reforms needed to raise Japan's potential growth rate. These structural reforms, specifically labor market regulations, have been talked about for over a decade, so it would be good to remain skeptical until they are realized.

While America has fallen into negative growth rates, around -1% now.

This won't sit well, they may need another tactic to boost their domestic industries, and at who's expense? Pumping inflation into the rest of the world with the next round of QE, which would also devalue the dollar relative to other currencies?

China will not allow a USD/RMB devaluation, and the Euro has absorbed about as much re-rating as the European economy can stand. The Yen has already halted its decline, and the Japanese central bank is out of bullets. Only structural reform (in both the US and Japan) will allow their economies to grow again. The US will not reform as long as the clown prince, Obama, remains in power. As far as Japan goes, I'm not optimistic, given its repeated disappointments in the past over this same issue.

Back
Top Bottom