What's new

Japan Gives Maglev Train Green Light

Yes, I've been. Its nice , i mean, its a decent HSR as it goes around 240 km/p/h (about 100 miles per hour; in USA). The amenities are nice, service is good, and the view is splendid. I recommend it if you want to see the US scenery. I had taken it from their Lakeland, FL - to New York Penn Station. It takes about 25 hours; and the cost is quite affordable , around $205 for value price, about $299 for value, and $700 for premium. It beats driving from Florida to NY. ;)
This is one of the things that I have in mind for a long time. I have always wanted to travel from NY to LA from Amtrak. Obviously, the cost is affordable when compared to the cost of transportation in Britain. It takes about £50 (about $80) just to travel from London to Glasgow whereas the cost that takes to travel from NY to LA doesn't take more than £200 last time I checked.

This is one of the things that I have in mind for a long time. I have always wanted to travel from NY to LA from Amtrak. Obviously, the cost is affordable when compared to the cost of transportation in Britain. It takes about £50 (about $80) just to travel from London to Glasgow whereas the cost that takes to travel from NY to LA doesn't take more than £200 last time I checked.

Cost of living is expensive in Britain, isn't it? When you come to states, you'll see that its significantly cheaper here. Well, I've been in the Eastern States in USA for quite some time (NJ) and id say its defintely cheaper here when it comes to state taxes. If you go to the major urban areas in east coast like in NYC , Boston, Philadelphia, cost of living tend to increase as compaerd to the surburban areas. The west coast (California) is definitely expensive tho. And the public transportation system in LA is just horrible, i would recommend you visit the northern parts of California like Sacramento, San Francisco.

PS. Your avatar. I'm assuming you're a Game of Thrones fanatic as well? LOL. :wub:

Cost of living is expensive in Britain, isn't it? When you come to states, you'll see that its significantly cheaper here. Well, I've been in the Eastern States in USA for quite some time (NJ) and id say its defintely cheaper here when it comes to state taxes. If you go to the major urban areas in east coast like in NYC , Boston, Philadelphia, cost of living tend to increase as compaerd to the surburban areas. The west coast (California) is definitely expensive tho. And the public transportation system in LA is just horrible, i would recommend you visit the northern parts of California like Sacramento, San Francisco.

PS. Your avatar. I'm assuming you're a Game of Thrones fanatic as well? LOL. :wub:
Some of my closest relatives in California and it seems like a pretty great place when compared to Britain. Cost of living is also sky high here. If I visit US, I will stay in my aunt's house which is closer to LA but I like the northern California and also Washington state.

Yes, I LOVE GAME OF THRONES. :D

Some of my closest relatives in California and it seems like a pretty great place when compared to Britain. Cost of living is also sky high here. If I visit US, I will stay in my aunt's house which is closer to LA but I like the northern California and also Washington state.

Yes, I LOVE GAME OF THRONES. :D

That's a PLUS. Having relatives and family in the US will definitely help. I have no one here, so it was hard adjusting the first couple of years , since I hadn't any relatives, just school friends. Btw, if you love the outdoors and you mentioned you like Washington State, do visit the Red Woods Preserve in Northern California. They have gorgeous kettle lakes there. Beautiful country.I recommend Yosemite State Park.If you like wine, visit the Northern California wine country (Napa valley, Sonoma valley).

Enjoy your stay!!

PS. LOL!

That's a PLUS. Having relatives and family in the US will definitely help. I have no one here, so it was hard adjusting the first couple of years , since I hadn't any relatives, just school friends. Btw, if you love the outdoors and you mentioned you like Washington State, do visit the Red Woods Preserve in Northern California. They have gorgeous kettle lakes there. Beautiful country.I recommend Yosemite State Park.If you like wine, visit the Northern California wine country (Napa valley, Sonoma valley).

Enjoy your stay!!

PS. LOL!
I thought, the more isolated you are, sooner you adjust. Sure having family members is some sort of reassurance but at the same time it undermines your ability to adapt into the new environment. If I migrate someday, I will not stay closer to family members. Sure I love outdoors, especially camping and trekking. I would love to try a national park in the USA especially in the northern parts as they are huge and they have the kind of ecosystem I like.

Thanks mate.

Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

-----------------

101300473-1-762x428.jpg

A magnetic levitation (maglev) train in Japan has broken the world speed record by hitting 366mph.

The Central Japan Railway Company said the seven-car train completed a test run on an experimental track in Yamanashi on Thursday.

It beat the previous record of 361mph set in 2003 - but the new record could be smashed within days.

Another test run is scheduled for Tuesday during which the train's speed could reach 373mph.

The company said 29 technicians were on board the maglev, but added that the speeds won't be as high when the new line between Tokyo and Nagoya comes into service in 2027.

It said trains will travel at around 314mph, meaning the 178-mile journey will take around 40 minutes.

The speeds are twice as fast as today's bullet trains.

By comparison, Britain's HS2 rail line will run at just 224mph.

Maglev trains use a magnetic charge to lift and move the train cars above a guideway.

Japan is hoping to export the technology to the US and has even offered to part-cover the costs of a new line between New York and Washington DC.

Japan's Maglev Train Breaks World Speed Record

maglev is the future, but there are alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom