What's new

Japan Economy Forum

I think it is best that he stays in Japan. He is a senior citizen and since he is a citizen, he will have access to more resources -- Japan has a lot of opportunities for senior citizens. Since he is Japanese citizen, he can petition his children , grand children who are still in the Philippines -- to have Japanese citizenship. So they can leave Philippines and find better life in Japan.

Yes good idea. I was thoroughly impressed at how senior citizens live out their twilight years in Japan.

I am a big believer in honouring the elders. As for the elders in Japan they built Japan from scratch.

@Nihonjin1051

images

:yahoo:

Yes good idea. I was thoroughly impressed at how senior citizens live out their twilight years in Japan.

I am a big believer in honouring the elders. As for the elders in Japan they built Japan from scratch.

I felt so sorry for the life story of Shin-San, growing up in the Philippines with only his mother to take care of him. I can only imagine the hardships he had to endure living in post-war Philippines. Being separated from one's father for such a long time. At least this way he has relatives who will care for him.

We do care for our elders, especially the baby boomers as we call them. They were the ones that help build Japan from the ashes of war to what it is now.

I didn't know that there are still so many Japanese Nissei in Philippines. I hope that the Japan Embassy can help them acquire citizenship , and for their relatives if they so desire.

@waz ,

:yahoo: :yay:

I felt so sorry for the life story of Shin-San, growing up in the Philippines with only his mother to take care of him. I can only imagine the hardships he had to endure living in post-war Philippines. Being separated from one's father for such a long time. At least this way he has relatives who will care for him.

We do care for our elders, especially the baby boomers as we call them. They were the ones that help build Japan from the ashes of war to what it is now.

I didn't know that there are still so many Japanese Nissei in Philippines. I hope that the Japan Embassy can help them acquire citizenship , and for their relatives if they so desire.

@waz ,

:yahoo: :yay:

Yes it is a sad story. But one with a happy ending. I wonder how many Nissei are still out there?

Yes it is a sad story. But one with a happy ending. I wonder how many Nissei are still out there?

That's a very good question, I, too, want to know.

@JayMandan , @Cossack25A1 , @Zero_wing , hey guys, do you happen to know how many Japanese Nissei are living in the Philippines? And maybe the estimated number of all Filipinos with Japanese ancestry? Thanks.

Japan doesn't illegally occupy ASEAN countries' islands.
Japan gave out dozen patrol boats to ASEAN countries ( Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam ...) for protecting free navigating.

Interesting regional dynamics. ASEAN + Japan and S. Korea(may be) developing economic ties to counter China and it's allies(N. Korea) influence. Seems like East (North & South) Asia will remain divided in foreseeable future ! Divided Asia won't be able to compete with US and EU in exerting influence/soft power in the world stage.

Japan doesn't illegally occupy ASEAN countries' islands.
Japan gave out dozen patrol boats to ASEAN countries ( Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam ...) for protecting free navigating.

That is right. And we do not send out oil rigs into the EEZ of our partners. It is apparent who the belligerent force is.

LOL Asean is not even a nation state. This is like an ambassador to BRICS. What a joke.

Both China and Japan are economically powerful states....But the advantage of Japan is that it has very good image or soft power image across the world. It never gets engaged in any other country to control its policies or any kind of occupier of resource mindset. Japan always invest or supports their partner to grow with them where as China is basically goes to a place where they take complete control of the investment as well as the resources unless and otherwise, the nation state where investment is happening is smart enough to understand and creates appropriate checks and balances to Chinies investment.

Be partner with Japan to grow with them economically and technologically in the long term, and you can partner with China to gain cheap loand with very min interests and some immediate term gains...but no long term gains..

India is a classic example. Japan is a partner to India's progress and economic investment but you will never see any headline where Japan involves itself into any kind setting the tone with its own agenda...Where as all the West and China always tries to enforce India to bend some rules to do business...

My post is not specifically anti China as even West does the same with India in bussiness like China...But i would like to appriciate Japan for its economic relation with India which is purely non political in nature..

That's a very good question, I, too, want to know.

@JayMandan , @Cossack25A1 , @Zero_wing , hey guys, do you happen to know how many Japanese Nissei are living in the Philippines? And maybe the estimated number of all Filipinos with Japanese ancestry? Thanks.

While the data in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan states that there are about 12,913 Japanese nationals living here, this was recorded way back in October 2005 while Filipinos with Japanese ancestry.

Sadly, the only website that states the estimate is Wikipedia which states that there are about "120,000+" but historically, there may have been Filipinos with Japanese ancestry before Japanese invaded the Philippines such as the Japanese settlement in Davao during the American occupation and Commonwealth era and if the book called" "Boxer Codex" is to be believed, foreigners like Chinese and Japanese have been settling here before the Spanish came to take over the country.

Who approach ASEAN region with friendly attitude will get more mutual benefit. Who approach with arrogance, insolent attitude will get a hard slap on the face :pop:

ASEAN find ways to be solid. Someone is trying to scatter that solidation.
Mean weakening ASEAN.

Who benefit when ASEAN more solid, who benefit when ASEAN weak ?
Answer that and we know the Truth.

Wish the best of Japan-Asean partnership.

The whole region shall be a peaceful one as people here are all Asians. Japan is always part of it and has been aiding for decades through agencies OECF or today's JBIC.

As long as Yankees get out of Asia, from Japan, Korea and Asean, there's always stability and properity here.

The bottom line is we want an independent proud Asian land.

Occupied Prosperity is always a shame.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom