What's new

Japan eases fuel rules for India nuclear deal

I understand that, and also the fact that we will be sitting on ticking nuclear bombs if the number of NPPs in the country increase.
The problem lies in the fact that our policy makers think of immediate future. Unfortunate!

I read it somewhere that a tiny part of Africa is all we need to create clean solar energy for the entire world.

View attachment 237218

Nuclear plant take anywhere between 5 to 10 years to go operational. ..besides. .There are limited ways of generating power..and believe me..The requirement will quadruple in the next 10 to 12 years..

I think it's difficult for nations to wise-up even after digesting massive amount of nuclear radiation by being bombed - they still thirst for more........ more they will get..........Does Japan seriously think that China and Pakistan will sit idly while India processes more plutonium from Japanese reactors for it's arsenal? Japan just became an official enemy state........... excellent, more wholehearted support for China in all it's future SCS endeavors....... and by the way, it should get ready for some "nuclear terrorism" too..... shit happens........

Japan has been strictly non-proliferation and it is conjecture that more plutonium will be produced. Japan was one of the first countries to impose sanctions on India after Nuclear Test.

Pakistan currently does not have the Naval capability to make a significant splash at SCS.

Yes, I know it doesn't, however, we are a nasty nation, trust you me, we will find a way that Japan feels the pain. Patience is a virtue we understand too well.

Pakistan currently does not have the Naval capability to make a significant splash at SCS.

Yes, I know it doesn't, however, we are a nasty nation, trust you me, we will find a way that Japan feels the pain. Patience is a virtue we understand too well.

You are just assuming that we will produce more plutonium, and this assumption forms the basis for your animosity towards Japan. It is understandable but false.

Please try to understand the political situation in India, If India gives in to restriction and controls there will be wide-spread protests and accusations towards the government for capitulation and surrendering the Sovereign Interests. I assume same will be on your side?

I am sure behind the scenes certain deal will be worked out informally which prevents India from producing more plutonium using Japanese reactor.

Japan having suffered Nuclear Attack is the only nation which understands the pain and trauma. It will never do anything to promote more nuclear weapons in this world.

-Peace

Despite being among the top 10 countries for production of electricity, India is nowhere near in terms of Nuclear power generation. Given the fact that, the coal quality is abysmally low (pathetic UCV value) which shortens the life span of a thermal power plant to a great degree, N-energy is the only feasible solution.

A great step by Japan. Thank you.

Can you clarify the ticking time bomb remark in reference to NPP?

Solar energy is far from viable but in next 20-30 years may be tech improves sufficiently to make cheap and more efficient solar panels.

India is a poor nation and can't afford solar power as a viable source of energy, we need energy and infrastructure badly to progress and change our economic profile and thermal is the cheapest energy available which suits our purposes. Alternately Nuclear Power is being developed as a source of clean energy. Wind and Solar will remain fringe elements for foreseeable future. Yes, there will announcements and investments in Solar and Wind but the Suzlon example is a cautionary tale in relying too much on it.

We can't skip the development curve which is Thermal and Hyrdro -> Nuclear -> Solar & Wind.

Infact I know of very few nations who have majority of their energy needs met by Solar & Wind and they are all developed with extremely high GDP per Capita.

I've always maintained that NPP is a necessary evil for India, it would merely meet India's immediate energy needs but in the long run India must come up with better solutions to tackle its energy problem. I can go on and on about disadvantages of having a NPP but that would derail this thread.
I hope the world soon switches to cleaner source of energy and stops cheering for the pseudo-green energy source.

Leaving you with something to cogitate...
"When you hear 'no immediate danger' [from nuclear radiation] then you should run away as far and as fast as you can." - words of Alexey Yablokov, member of the Russian academy of sciences, and adviser to President Gorbachev at the time of Chernobyl:

Nuclear plant take anywhere between 5 to 10 years to go operational. ..besides. .There are limited ways of generating power..and believe me..The requirement will quadruple in the next 10 to 12 years..
I have done discussions on NPP atleast a hundred times on and off this forum, and I think by now I know such trivia.

I've always maintained that NPP is a necessary evil for India, it would merely meet India's immediate energy needs but in the long run India must come up with better solutions to tackle its energy problem. I can go on and on about disadvantages of having a NPP but that would derail this thread.
I hope the world soon switches to cleaner source of energy and stops cheering for the pseudo-green energy source.

Leaving you with something to cogitate...
"When you hear 'no immediate danger' [from nuclear radiation] then you should run away as far and as fast as you can." - words of Alexey Yablokov, member of the Russian academy of sciences, and adviser to President Gorbachev at the time of Chernobyl:

I have done discussions on NPP atleast a hundred times on and off this forum, and I think by now I know such trivia.

Ok...I wasn't even questioning you on trivia...nuclear power is the future. ...if Indian planners plan to satisfy the upcoming requirement.

India sh:police:ould offer a deal to japan which they can't refuse. They should make nukes out of japanese nuclear fuel supply and own them jointly with japan. That way japan can become nuclear country in a minute if push comes to shove

Despite being among the top 10 countries for production of electricity, India is nowhere near in terms of Nuclear power generation. Given the fact that, the coal quality is abysmally low (pathetic UCV value) which shortens the life span of a thermal power plant to a great degree, N-energy is the only feasible solution.

A great step by Japan. Thank you.

However if you look at actual data, thermal is the way we are going. Private companies like TATA, Adani and Lanco are buying Australian and Indonesian mines. All coal in India is not low UCV value but yeah the majority is.

The nuclear power plants require huge capital costs and there are significant risks associated with it in terms of reliability of fuel supply. It is at it's nascent stage but the share of generation will go upwards in future meanwhile to meet energy needs in a urgent manner we require Thermal Power Plants.

These Coal based plants have a life cycle of 30-40 years at full capacity and by the time we Nuclear reactors come up in sufficient numbers to meet the need they will be retired.

For the meantime we need parallel capacity enhancement and can't ignore one or the other.

I am really not sure about the confidence behind such assertion, you made. Japan's geo-strategic necessities, unlike China does not rely on Pakistan, least to say its economy or military affairs. Kindly understand few simple facts. Japan (especially the left wingers) has maintained a strict record over its commitment regarding non-proliferation. But what makes her alter such position is its own geo-political requirements and at a same time, combined with India's urgency to find more powerful friends in the region.

The Chinese policy regarding India has so far been intensely Pakistan oriented and their military strategic cooperation started in 1965, some fifty years from now, not after this N-deal between India and Japan. The recent Chinese stand off regarding Lakhvi again sent some signals of worry in India. So, I am not really sure what makes you think India and Japan should not form an ally to maintain a balance in the region.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom