What's new

Japan deploys first of 10 US-made stealth fighter jets

Predator71

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Japan has commissioned the first of its new F-35A stealth fighter jets at a military base in the north of the country amid ongoing regional tension over North Korea's missile testing.
READ MORE: American provocateur: Why North Korea is going ballistic over missiles

The Air Self Defence Force (ASDF) plans to add another nine of the radar-evading planes to its fleet from April, according to the Japan Times. “The deployment of the high-performance F-35 aircraft is significant for Japan’s security at a time when neighboring countries have been quickly building up their air force capabilities in recent years,” said Itsunori Onodera, Japanese Minister of Defense.

https://twitter.com/RT_America/status/940751628046557184
RT America

✔@RT_America

“Brand new beautiful equipment is on its way, the best you’ve ever had by far" - Trump https://on.rt.com/8uly

7:14 AM - Dec 13, 2017

Troops, toys & threats: Trump signs $700bn military funding bill — RT US News
We unpack what's inside the $700 billion National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), signed by President Donald Trump on Tuesday.

rt.com

Twitter Ads info and privacy

The move to deploy the jet to the Misawa Air Base in the Aurora Prefecture comes amid increased tensions in the region following North Korea’s latest series of nuclear and ballistic missile tests. Japan hopes to increase its overall number of F-35As to 42 in the coming years as the country seeks to replace its fleet of outdated F-4 models. Each unit costs around $95million, according to the manufacturer Lockheed Martin.

READ MORE: F-35s back in the air, despite lingering mystery of oxygen system failures

The US Air Force grounded dozens of F-35s after five pilots complained of dizziness and tingling in their extremities following flights out of Luke Air Force Base in Glendale, Arizona. The pilots were diagnosed with hypoxia, but despite failing to identify the malfunction responsible for the condition the USAF cleared the F-35s to fly after just 11 days.

View image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/779829276237410304
RT

✔@RT_com

Another F-35A jet aka the future of US military aviation catches fire during exercise http://on.rt.com/7q66

5:46 AM - Sep 25, 2016
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The F-35 remains a popular jet for countries looking to bolster their defenses. In December, the Joongang Ilbo newspaper reported that South Korea’s defense chiefs plan to buy an additional 20 F-35A aircraft from the US. This follows the country’s previous purchase of 40 stealth jets from Lockheed Martin in 2014.

Overall, the US and its allies plan to buy more than 3,100 F-35s in the coming years as part of a near $400 billion program to replace outdated aircraft, according to Reuters.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/417170-japan-stealth-fighter-jet/

My personal view on Japan's military is that Japan is a "Dark Horse" with a very powerful military. Everyone talks about China but Japan is the REAL deal. What appears 'on surface' is NOT what Japan is. In a military conflict Japan will surprise everyone with its military specially Naval strength.

My personal view on Japan's military is that Japan is a "Dark Horse" with a very powerful military. Everyone talks about China but Japan is the REAL deal. What appears 'on surface' is NOT what Japan is. In a military conflict Japan will surprise everyone with its military specially Naval strength.
It's not like anyone underestimates the Japanese military, is it?

Japan doesn't show off. I think its their only lacking :-)

You wouldn't be asking this if you regularly read posts here from some of our members.
maybe because it has never had a battlefield experience for 60 years.
equipment and training is not everything in an army to prepare for war first you must experience war.

You wouldn't be asking this if you regularly read posts here from some of our members.
It's probably in a part of the forum I don't visit then. I'm guessing it's mostly Chinese members

Naturally. The forum is infested with Chinese here, so the opinion on this forum will obviously be anti-Japan.

It's probably in a part of the forum I don't visit then. I'm guessing it's mostly Chinese members

Spot on. Unfortunately, over enthusiasm and over zealous patriotism portrays a picture which is not the true indicator of ground realities.

equipment and training is not everything in an army to prepare for war first you must experience war.

This.....

This.....
I disagree. Realistic training and testing are the key to properly prepare an army for war in substitute for real war experience.

The Iraq army are battle harden just after Iraq-Iran war for Gulf War 1 and yet we all know what happened.

I disagree. Realistic training and testing are the key to properly prepare an army for war in substitute for real war experience.

The Iraq army are battle harden just after Iraq-Iran war for Gulf War 1 and yet we all know what happened.
I am not saying that war experience constitutes everything. For example the Somalian army has been at war for decades but that doesn't mean it is the best army .
A mix of excellent training ,technology and experience makes a better army.
While Pakistan has excellent training and experience it lacks somewhat in technology.
An excellent example would be the British army one of the best training having good experience in both urban and rural combat while also maintaining the most sophisticated military.

Don't forget Japan's prolonged heritage in warfare. The dormant samurais are not less than any other players in real battle field I hope.

Don't forget Japan's prolonged heritage in warfare. The dormant samurais are not less than any other players in real battle field I hope.
they have no heritage in warfare it died after America dropped two nukes on them . plus even samurais have had no battle field experience for 60+ they are over rated.
Japans military is just an overrated swat force.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom