What's new

Japan, China in race to sell India their high-speed trains

Chinese maal ki koi jarurat nahi kyonki wahi mobile waali quality milegi, India should opt for Japanese...

chill its the Indian govt who decides, it comes does to maintenance and cost of operating in the end, if japanese trains are too expensive to maintain, Indian railway will go the Chinese route

Sure. We won't get the business, but our participation will help you get a better deal. Why would we do that? Like I said, this is not going to be a fair, pure business competition. China will get played. No sir, there are better opportunities domestically and in other countries. Thank you very much!

I dont think the chinese company will get contract.

Japanese trains have good safety record for years.

We need a combination of Chinese infra expertise and Japanese technology.

Better go for japan...better engine,more durability and good safety record...

Nice.. all options should be looked at. If Chinese proposal is better, we must consider it.

wouldnt mind to see, japanese trains between tier 1 cities and chinese ones on tier 2 cities.IMO

No doubt this will go to Japan but it makes good business sense to have multiple bidders taking part. Japan is investing BIG in Indian infrastructure megaprojects (DMRC, DMIC, Smart cities etc) and have an existing trusted relationship with Modi.

A high speed train between Bangalore and Coimbatore?? WOW!! :woot:

27bullet-train17.jpg

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I beleive that although Japan viewed positively, and it may be in mind of the Indian GOV, but still then China should be allowed to be part of this plan...Japan can develop major part of the project and some part can be given to China too..We have to engage with China and their expertise in development of infrastructure...Because at the end of the day, India and China has to work with each other...

No doubt this will go to Japan but it makes good business sense to have multiple bidders taking part. Japan is investing BIG in Indian infrastructure megaprojects (DMRC, DMIC, Smart cities etc) and have an existing trusted relationship with Modi.

No doubt this is going to be an open bidding with European firms like Alsthom and Bombardier participating. Alsthom, to its credit has TGV technology which has a great track record. However if Japan agrees to fund the overall project (remember HST will require dedicated tracks and system, which costs a bomb), they might hold an edge.

A high speed train between Bangalore and Coimbatore?? WOW!!
yes why not, it, like other proposed sectors is one of the most saturated routes in terms of passengers using services, and users especially business travelers won't mind shelling little extra on comfortable fast travel. Lets hope it materializes soon. :happy:

I think all vendors should be invited. And they should be allowed to invest upon BOT basis. If the Chinese have poor quality of their products or if they are highly maintenancè intensive then they will be the ones to bear that cost. Also China does produce some quality products if the buyer is ready to pay the costs. And I am all for total opening of sector to anyone who is ready to invest in India. I am sure GoI will surely look into the experience and quality before allocating any route to a vendor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom