What's new

Jamaat was Pak army's auxiliary force during war

Death Rattle

BANNED
Reaction score
Jamaat was Pak army's auxiliary force during war.
War crimes investigator tells tribunal
Staff Correspondent

An investigator of the international crimes tribunal yesterday said he had evidence that the Jamaat-e-Islami worked as an auxiliary force of the Pakistani army during the Liberation War.

Additional Superintendent of Police Matiur Rahman said this when a defence counsel asked him whether he knew about any gazette issued by the Pakistani army saying Al-Badr, Al-Shams, Peoples' Democratic Party, Nezam-e-Islami, Muslim League and Jamaat-e-Islami were its eastern command.

“No, I don't have any evidence in this regard. But during my investigation I got evidence that Al-Badr, Al-Shams, Peoples' Democratic Party, Nezami Islami, Muslim League and Jamaat-e-Islami worked as auxiliary forces during the Liberation War,” he said.

Matiur was being cross-examined in the case against Ghulam Azam filed in connection with crimes against humanity.

According to prosecution documents, the auxiliary forces, in collaboration with the Pakistan army, committed killings, genocide and other crimes against humanity during the nine-month-long war.

In their opening statement on June 10, the prosecution had said Ghulam Azam, the then ameer of the East Pakistan Jamaat-e-Islami, was responsible for the crimes committed by the auxiliary forces of the Pakistani army during the Liberation War since he had control and influence over those forces.

Replying to another question, Matiur said, "…Al-Badr force was formed in Sherpur on May 16, 1971, comprising 47 members of Islami Chhatra Sangha."

Defence counsel Mizanul Islam asked whether Matiur knew how the auxiliary forces were formed.

“I don't have clear knowledge,” Matiur said.

In reply to a question the witness said there were three active groups in Al-Badr in Dhaka district during the war.

International Crimes Tribunal-1 after lunch yesterday gave the defence one more session on Sunday to cross-examine Matiur.

Defence counsel Tajul Islam, however, urged the tribunal to recall the order.

The tribunal did not.

TRIBUNAL-2
International Crimes Tribunal-2 yesterday allowed the defence of Jamaat-e-Islami leader Abdul Quader Mollah half an hour more on Sunday to complete its cross-examination of the investigation officer of the case.

On Wednesday, the tribunal ordered the defence to complete the cross-examination by yesterday but it gave the additional time as the defence could not complete the job.

Defence counsel Abdus Sobhan Tarafder yesterday cross-examined Abdur Razzaque Khan, one of the two investigation officers of the case against Quader Mollah, for the fourth day.

The case was filed in connection with crimes against humanity committed during the Liberation War.

Tribunal-2 yesterday fixed November 4 for passing an order on whether to frame charges against expelled Jamaat member Abul Kalam Azad in connection with his alleged involvement in crimes against humanity.

On October 21, the tribunal had fixed yesterday for passing an order but the tribunal yesterday rescheduled the date.

The tribunal did not mention any reason for the rescheduling.

Justice ATM Fazle Kabir, chairman of the tribunal, was not present yesterday.

Azad, also known as Bachchu Razakar, went on the run around seven hours before Tribunal-2 issued an arrest warrant against him on April 3.

On October 7, the same court decided to hold Azad's trial in absentia.

Meanwhile, the tribunal gave three more days to defence counsel Abdus Sobhan Tarafder to deliver a response in writing as to why he was absent before the tribunal on Wednesday.

It fixed November 5, after Abdur Razzaq, chief defence counsel of the detained Jamaat leaders, asked for more time.

The tribunal on Wednesday directed Sobhan to submit a written reply by yesterday as to why he could not appear before the court.

Jamaat was Pak army's auxiliary force during war
Not surprising as BD jamatis in PDF are more pakistani than pakistanis themselves!

Jamaat was Pak army's auxiliary force during war.
War crimes investigator tells tribunal
Staff Correspondent

Not surprising as BD jamatis in PDF are more pakistani than pakistanis themselves!

But, in PDF all Jamaatis pretend and declare themselves as BNP supporters. This is what I am complaining all along. This is how they bring bad name to BNP as if it is Pakistan-leaning party. BNP is a progressive party, but, is not fundamentalist like Jamaat. There are only a few BNP supporters here in the PDF. It is same also with AL.

BD Jamaatis by virtue of their brainwashed nature tend to pull all the threads to an unnecessary Jiahadi and pro-Pakistani line. They are a bunch of disgustful people. Read their posts. Most are full of hatreds and are against the basic teachings of Islam. They pretend as if their recommendations are needed for someone to ascend the Paradise.

At last, after 2 years of lurking on PDF I have finally got the answer behind our resident Bangladeshi's pov towards India :yahoo:

At last, after 2 years of lurking on PDF I have finally got the answer behind our resident Bangladeshi's pov towards India :yahoo:

and that is?? all are Jamati??

even a BNP minister once openly said - " Pakistan Rokhha korte cheye Jamat kono Bhul koreni"

I hope Eastwatch knows about this quote.........

and that is?? all are Jamati??

even a BNP minister once openly said - " Pakistan Rokhha korte cheye Jamat kono Bhul koreni"

I hope Eastwatch knows about this quote.........

For us BNP/AL all are same :) rate thoda upar neeche bas :P

Amader kono bepaar nai tomader BNP/AL politicser jono, kintu ja dekhi PDF bangalra pooro din shudhu India je aei koreche shei korbe :hitwall: Kokhono to India kichu bhalo kore naaki 1.2 billion lok shobai BD bhaangte ar borbaad korte choleche? :devil::devil:

Back
Top Bottom