What's new

Jaipur Metro: Trail run flagged off

looks nice.. :smitten:
does jaipur really need metro.. its such a small city... not sure whether its economically viable

I have no idea about Jaipur's traffic volume, but we should have Metro rail service in every major city with significant traffic, apart from convenience & comfort for commuters, this will help in reducing oil import bills & pollution. A good public transport system helps in growth of businesses also. May be the Metro service will attract businesses to set up their offices in Jaipur!! :)

@Abhishek_ What is the inside story about your Avatars? Do you see what we see or more? ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't they clean up the tracks before starting the trial? It looks completely messed up.

yeah.. but do you have a crowded route... I have never seen traffic jam or anything there... infact not enough cars on road.

We do have Traffic Jams during peak hours(although not the same as u experience in Delhi or Mumbai) and inside the old city area.

Besides the Public transport system is also in bad shape here, there r only 300-400 Govt. Buses(low floor) in comparision to over 3000 mini buses, the BRTS turned out to be a total fiasco n the autorikshaw drivers just charger as per their will.

So, although a Metro might sound a bit overkill for a city like Jaipur in the present scenario but it will definitely be very useful in next 5 years.

Plus Jaipur is a big tourist spot, u'll find foreign tourists roaming here n there almost through out the year on their own, so ease in transportation will help in tourisim to some extent.

Moreover, its just the trails of Phase I, it'll take 2-3 more years for it to become fully operational.:)

Götterdämmerung;4787418 said:
Why don't they clean up the tracks before starting the trial? It looks completely messed up.

The ruling party in the state wants to take credit before the Opposition starts a rally
That's why

Good as per things are going, in few years at least one city in every state will have metro

Back
Top Bottom