What's new

JA Solar Holdings (JASO) Ships 100-MW of Modules to Pakistani Solar Farm

Thar or Balochistans desert was more suitable choice. Bahawalpur is agricultural region.
Here is solar Radiation Map Solar radiation and positioning of Solar Panels in Pakistan
solar-radiation-pakistan.gif

tabhi to main socho k ye solar bannu main itni gandhi performance kyon dete hai

@Hyperion lets do a joint venture of 50 MW solar plant in this Solar park. I heard they are giving the land very cheap to whoever invests in this project.

Really they are not considering the importance of Sindh and Balochistan at all.

It's a punjab government running pakistan. :P

Quaid e Azam Solar Power (Pvt) Ltd. - QASP

//
The Government of Punjab, under the vision of Chief Minister Shahbaz Shariff, has dedicated 6500 acres of land near Lal Sohanra, Cholistan, Bahawalpur for the purpose of establishing a 1000 MW Solar Park for generation of electricity from the solar energy. This is an initiative of Government of the Punjab (GoPb), Pakistan to reduce reliance on fossil fuels in generation of electricity and to overcome the ever expanding gap between energy production and demand. 500 acres have been reserved to set up the first 100 MW PV Solar Power Plant.
//

This is Punjab government's initiative. If you want solar power parks popping up in other cities / provinces, I suggest you make better voting choices next time :)

This is exactly what PTI does not want to see.

@Jzaib what are you and your brother going to do about it now ? :lol:
I have read somewhere that this project is offered PKR 23 per unit electricity price. Could you shed some light on this? How the hell Pakistani consumers will be able to afford it?

I have read somewhere that this project is offered PKR 23 per unit electricity price. Could you shed some light on this? How the hell Pakistani consumers will be able to afford it?

Subsidy. They buy from the company at a certain rate X. Give it to us for X-Y. The difference Y is paid by the government from our tax money.

So technically, we're already "affording" it.

For comparison, in modern countries, actually in most countries other than pakistan, electricity is normally close to about 10cents/unit or about rs.10/unit or even lower in many cases...

And this solar power will probably cost around 4-5 cents/unit at most to the producer...

Back
Top Bottom