What's new

J20 pics revealed in 2008 video

That's not the J-20. The intakes are on the side, not in the belly.

The one on 0:27 is quite similar, though it may just be coincidence.

This was revealed a few years ago:

J-XX.jpg

^^ Apparently that may be an early J-20 wind tunnel model, which was leaked as early as 05 accidently at an exhibition by a company specializing in making such models. Various people were reprimanded.

^^ Apparently that may be an early J-20 wind tunnel model, which was leaked as early as 05 accidently at an exhibition by a company specializing in making such models. Various people were reprimanded.

Am not surprised but if secrecy was the goal, the number of rumours out there more than enough masks the real design.

So I guess all the fanboys out there are good for something (ie noise)

I agree, and actually alot of chinese people were not convinced or outright dismissed the validity of the model when the pic is leaked. Others thought the CAC was toying with a modified variant of the J-10 or superJ-10.

I agree, and actually alot of chinese people were not convinced or outright dismissed the validity of the model when the pic is leaked. Others thought the CAC was toying with a modified variant of the J-10 or superJ-10.

One of the stories I heard was that an employee at Chengdu made and sold plastic toys of the J-10s before it came out and spies from Japan and Taiwan were able to gain a lot of info about the plane by buying the toys.

One of the stories I heard was that an employee at Chengdu made and sold plastic toys of the J-10s before it came out and spies from Japan and Taiwan were able to gain a lot of info about the plane by buying the toys.

If that's the best their intelligence service can manage, I'm sure people in China can sleep sound.

^^ The Taiwanese intelligence failed quite badly though.

PRC intelligence service is probably more diligent in weeding out potential leaks. Taiwanese intelligence probably had a hard time infiltrating the closed organization.

And it's surprising that no one reported it

Back
Top Bottom