What's new

J20 2002 public test flight on Jun 12, 2012

Nice! But what is intriguing is that a classified project like the J-20 is being tested near a public highway from where the video has been apparently shot and uploaded on a public website like YouTube!

In contrast, Area 51 or Groom Lake in the USA where secret technology is tested like the B-2s, Aurora etc is so super secret that it's dozens of kms away from the gaze of the public and heavily protected. The nearest one can get is about 20km away.

Why is this project being publicized before its completion and induction into the PLAAF?
thinking-002.gif

Am I missing something here?

Nice! But what is intriguing is that a classified project like the J-20 is being tested near a public highway from where the video has been apparently shot and uploaded on a public website like YouTube!

In contrast, Area 51 or Groom Lake in the USA where secret technology is tested like the B-2s, Aurora etc is so super secret that it's dozens of kms away from the gaze of the public and heavily protected. The nearest one can get is about 20km away.

Why is this project being publicized before its completion and induction into the PLAAF?
thinking-002.gif

Am I missing something here?

China is implicitly warning the U.S. to back off.

The message is the PLA can match the U.S. technologically. Push us too hard and we'll build up a massive fleet and bite you.

we see f-35 videos and details all over the place,and thats an ongoing project?
Likewise j-20,an ongoing project being allowed to be viewd by punlic.....at a distance.
Reasons may be same as F-35's.
Advertisment...showing off chinese technology..military might...
Nothing wrong with that.

The J-20’s DSI is clearly the most advanced breakthrough in aviation history, only supercomputers and high IQ Chinese made this possible, the Russians with all there aviation pedigree, engineers, designers, wind tunnels, and computers can not match this feat. Therefore, the J-20’s DSI technology is a devastating.

China has the 3rd greatest number of wind tunnels in the world and more supersonic wind tunnels than the rest of Asia combined. We have everything Russia has, except for Russia's 30 year head start, which is now restricted to engines.

Do you deny we have some of the most powerful supercomputers in the world, do you assume we would not use them on the nation's most advanced fighter project?

That would be a total overkill. Any Chinese internet bot can visually do it.

Buddy go read what the other bot posted.

how about J20 2001 now?

It flew back to a military airbase for further testing.

This is your typical disrespectful Indian. We do not call them "bots" or "two rupees" or other silly names. Yet, they can't stop the name calling. You're an Indian nationalist and we're your opposite number. Deal with it.

Easy to understand, this is a clear indicator that something more advanced (than J20) is under development somewhere.

Of course.:china:

If the US can be developing a 6th generation fighter then so can China.

Fact is now China has more resources than US to spend on R&D, so little by little the technology gap is closing between the two countries.

If you may excuse my ignorance, but... what? Using supercomputers to aid the design process of 5-gen stealth fighter is overkill (why??)? What chinese internet bot? visually do what? Who is the other bot? Just what are you talking about???

China is implicitly warning the U.S. to back off.

The message is the PLA can match the U.S. technologically. Push us too hard and we'll build up a massive fleet and bite you.

And provide countless hours of entertainment for people like us ;D, and people may even learn a thing or two about military technology as they login everyday trying to get a piece of leaked news. I read an interview on the guy who shot the first batch of J20 videos, he and his friends actually lived by the road for a couple of days so they won't miss the flight. Now that's hardcore and I salute them.

I read an interview on the guy who shot the first batch of J20 videos, he and his friends actually lived by the road for a couple of days so they won't miss the flight. Now that's hardcore and I salute them.

Lol should suggest CAC build a camping ground beside the airstrip and charge admission fees.

Back
Top Bottom