What's new

J&K: Infiltrators occupy Indian village along the LoC, say sources

in the other thread you will happy over this claim by Indians.

What happened now?

Why you guys fed the lies through media earlier??

Madam, this is my stated stand, does not change. This is not first time I said exactly the same. I never celebrated, cannot take guarantee of other Indians.

Srinagar: The Indian army today stopped short of accusing the Pakistani army of involvement in a massive infiltration attempt by at least 30 terrorists in Kashmir, but said that the encounter, now in its ninth day, suggests that the infiltrators had backing and training of "special troops."

"There were some special troops (involved in the infiltration bid), the training shows it. It is different from earlier attempts," said Lt-General Gurmeet Singh of the Army's 15 Corps. He said it would be "premature" for him to comment on specifics, but said, "This is a BAT action cum infiltration," referring to the Border Action Team of the Pakistani army. The unit includes members of Pakistan's commando Special Services Group.

Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh said five Indian soldiers have been injured in the encounter, none of them seriously.

The infiltration by the Pakistanis began on September 24, in the Keran sector about 100 km from Srinagar, five days before the Prime Minister and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif met in New York. The leaders agreed that their military commanders will work urgently to repair the ceasefire along the Line of Control, which has been violated gravely in recent months, creating tension for both countries.

Analysts say that the encounter proves that Mr Sharif, who was elected in May, will be unable to influence or check the powerful Pakistani army.

Though the Indian army claims 12 infiltrators have been killed, no bodies have been recovered so far. When asked for an explanation, Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh said, "Retrieving bodies of dead terrorists is of no consequence to us."

The scale of the infiltration attempt, sources said, is clear from the fact that nearly 300 militants were gathered on the Pakistani side of the border, just miles from the Indian village of Shala Batu along the Line of Control. Army sources said that recently, a group of them tried to cross into India, but were trapped between a fence and the border.

Intelligence officials said that they were alerted to the presence of Pakistani militants by villagers from Shala Batu, who said that late in September, local girls were harassed by the foreigners, triggering angry protests.
For NDTV Updates
Indian army hints at Pakistan army's role in massive LoC encounter | NDTV.com @Aeronaut @WebMaster @nuclearpak @balixd @Imran Khan @DESERT FIGHTER @jaibi @Armstrong @Awesome and others

Last edited by a moderator:
All should be given proper last rites according to deen-e-islam :)

Seems like the Indian media is the only one reporting and there is no proof of Pakistan's involvement.
Hence, any threads with Pakistani troops as title is to be automatically deleted.

Seems like the Indian media is the only one reporting and there is no proof of Pakistan's involvement.
Hence, any threads with Pakistani troops as title is to be automatically deleted.

Well there is a point to that. Even with the "village" recovered the IA has yet to identify the infiltrators positively. So far the only pointers provided are that the bodies recovered were dressed in military fatigues and the infiltrators were well trained. So far even at the stage of combing operations, no identification has been provided. Lets see what happens once the operation is closed off formally.

Sir we should not deny it I am sorry but initially Pakistan also denied involvement in Kargil and if few people have captured some village this can get more serious Sir and I can smell something coming but I am ready let it be

Appko tau India ka Nuclear launch site bhi pata hei yaar....just like hamare admiyon ko pata tha 70's mein;)

Few years back a report was given to Manmohan and it said Pakistan has several agents among Indian forces and government organisations

do we have any live indian media coverage?

if so please post the links

do we have any live indian media coverage?

if so please post the links

There are live streams, no links as such, but visit CNN-IBN or NDTV and you should get your hands on something. The only news at the moment is that the abandoned settlement where the concentration of infiltrators were present has been brought under control, a few bodies recovered in military fatigues, no positive identification though. Around 5-6 militants/infiltrators may have escaped into the surrounding foliage the army has been sweeping that area for some time but given the dense foliage and size of the AO its an extensive and lengthy op. The initial clash with the infiltrators and the op to retake the the settlement has caused 5 casualties (Wounded in action).

Its a very remote area, 150-200 meters into the Indian side of the LOC, not accessible for live coverage as such given that this isn't exactly a COIN up in an urban or semi-urban area.

High res pic- foliage is north and south of the AO and the LOC is visible.

7Fnf8f4.png

Sir we should not deny it I am sorry but initially Pakistan also denied involvement in Kargil and if few people have captured some village this can get more serious Sir and I can smell something coming but I am ready let it be

If there is Pakistani involvement officially corroborated by either ISPR or by the Indian MoD. Then it is should be posted. At this point its only speculation by Indian media.

Hey.. I also gave a heads up on the big time retaliation IA did a few weeks back that took out 10-12 PA men when 5 odd bunkers on Pak side were destroyed and how Pakistan released the story of those deaths in batches of 1-2 to avoid a morale drop.

I wouldn't deny that this is a cool story too - not much different from what you routinely seem to pick up while buying ' beers ' and ' wines ' from army canteens and officer mess , well whatever helps one sleep :D

Back
Top Bottom