What's new

J-20 vs. F-35, One Analyst’s Perspective

Say what? Since when is anything, including anything from China, is exempted from critical examination?

just saw a video on fox news about this J-20 moving on the runway untill then i thought it only existed on the computers of some chinese fanboys generated via Photoshop and borrowing the images of F22 and PAF-FA, mixing them together and making this J-20 and just to add authenticity, added two bright coloured stars on the fins that pretty much kill the concept of stealth if they are not coated with RAM.
but never mind I am no expert here, never claimed to be.. the outlook and design looks promising but what is inside no one knows.. the engine, the radar the other avionics the weapon system... untill it flies and there are some more clearer videos with its maneuvers etc .. i will grade it as a scare crow..
no insult intented but a country which has always struggled to make its own trubofan engines untill it mde its own WS-10A and other WS-xx versions now suddenly has a stlealth plane that will challenge Russian and American 5th Gen fighters is hard to belive.

I am not doubing or questioning Chinese abilities but Russians and Americans are many decades ahead in this game from the rest of the world.

I will belive it when I will see one doing what F-22 does in the shows and other videos.

I am not doubing or questioning Chinese abilities but Russians and Americans are many decades ahead in this game from the rest of the world.

Right now is hard to challenge US, however Russia is 2 decades behind US in the aerospace industry, so it is not that hard to surpass them.

Say what? Since when is anything, including anything from China, is exempted from critical examination?

I just don't see the critical part. A lot of the so called "points" on this article is what you would call "fanboy speculation".

Comparison of 5th gen aircrafts:

--------------------- F-22 ------------ F-35 -------- PAK FA --------- J-20
empty weight --- 19,700 kg ----- 13,170 kg -------- ? -------------- ?
thrust ---------- 2x15,890 kg --- 1x18,144 kg ----- 2x? ------------ 2x?
fuel weight ------- 8,200 kg ------ 8,392 kg ---------- ? -------------- ?
wing area -------- 78.04 m2 ------ 42.74 m2 ------ >70 m2 ---- >70 m2
radar -------- 1500 mod AESA - 1200 mod AESA -- AESA --------- AESA
IR sensors ----- AAR-56 MLD --- EOTS + DAS -------- ? ------------- ?
Internal AA load --- 8 missiles ------ 4 missiles -------- ? ------------- ?
Internal AG load -- 2x1000 lb ----- 2x2000 lb -------- ? --------------?
Supercruise --------- yes ------------ no -------------- ? ------------- ?
TVC ----------------- yes ------------ no ------------- yes ----------- ?

Right now is hard to challenge US, however Russia is 2 decades behind US in the aerospace industry, so it is not that hard to surpass them.

only possible if Russian advances in the same field are haulted and they dont do any R & D.. then yes they can be surpassed even by Pakistan one day.
if any country is currently behind Russia then it has to progess at a much higher rate than Russians to bypass their technological level

just saw a video on fox news about this J-20 moving on the runway untill then i thought it only existed on the computers of some chinese fanboys generated via Photoshop and borrowing the images of F22 and PAF-FA, mixing them together and making this J-20 and just to add authenticity, added two bright coloured stars on the fins that pretty much kill the concept of stealth if they are not coated with RAM.
but never mind I am no expert here, never claimed to be.. the outlook and design looks promising but what is inside no one knows.. the engine, the radar the other avionics the weapon system... untill it flies and there are some more clearer videos with its maneuvers etc .. i will grade it as a scare crow..
no insult intented but a country which has always struggled to make its own trubofan engines untill it mde its own WS-10A and other WS-xx versions now suddenly has a stlealth plane that will challenge Russian and American 5th Gen fighters is hard to belive.

I will belive it when I will see one doing what F-22 does in the shows and other videos.

What the hell does a turbofan engine have to do with low observable profile or sensors? Been drinking too much of the american kool aid?

He'll then go on and on about how the J-20 is just junk that probably won't take off...

The guy thinks that the Raptors and Pak-Fa are Six gen fighters. That pretty much obliterated any credibility in my book.

What do you expect from a 14 yrs old desi boy thats got ban everywhere, don't believe me just check out his username on net.:azn:

He'll then go on and on about how the J-20 is just junk that probably won't take off...

The guy thinks that the Raptors and Pak-Fa are Six gen fighters. That pretty much obliterated any credibility in my book.

Raptor has the credibility to brag about, but not the same case for T-50.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom