What's new

J-20 fighters now in every Chinese Theatre Commands, overtaking F 22 in numbers soon, making it the world's largest fifth-generation fighter force

But but IAF is more powerful than PLAAF
World air power rating confirms it. PLA airforce can't be strong by inducting these so called fifth generation planes. Not always number matters. Quality is also important. Airwing of US navy is far more powerful than entire PLA airforce as per global power ranking.

Yes J-20 is the best. It will wipe out the world hahaha. Remember J-20 isn't war proven. F-22 is still miles ahead. J-20 is new. china will learn slowly. Technology is progressing fast.

Last edited:
Essentially -- yes.

You guessed correctly. And we have a better than most history of making 'wet dreams' tactical reality. Underestimate US at your peril. After all, no one expected the F-117, right?

Sure, other air forces can believe their 'stealth' are not DOA. Only one way to find out.

We have never said 'invisible'.

Yes, it is called the Doppler component. But I have challenged this claim on this forum YEARS ago.

Every radar system have a filter. Inside that filter can be many things that are used to remove A target from display. Usually, as %99 of the time, the first disqualifying criteria is amplitude. We are not talking about highly specialized radar systems like weather and airborne wildlife tracking. Amplitude is strength of echo or those voltage spikes I showed earlier. In order to calculate the Doppler component of EACH voltage spike, I have to remove that amplitude disqualifier meaning I have to process literally every return inside the radar beam. A specific radar system does this -- radar altimeter.

The Delay Doppler/SAR altimeter differs from a conventional radar altimeter in that it exploits coherent processing of groups of transmitted pulses. It is not pulse-limited like classical radar altimeters, so the full Doppler bandwidth is exploited to make the most efficient use of the power reflected from the surface.​
Delay Doppler/SAR altimetrer “stares” at each resolved along-track cell as the radar passes overhead for as long as that particular cell is illuminated. Note that each cell is viewed over a larger fraction of the antenna beam than the pulse-limited; thus more data is gathered, which leads to substantial benefits (e.g. it uses most of the power received).​

The key innovation in the delay/Doppler radar altimeter is delay compensation, analogous to range curvature correction in a burst-mode synthetic aperture radar (SAR). Following delay compensation, height estimates are sorted by Doppler frequency, and integrated in parallel. More equivalent looks are accumulated than in a conventional altimeter.​

Note the time of the IEEE source -- Sept 1998. So this idea is decades old. It also mean that I am not pulling my arguments out of thin air.

The reason why the F-22 is disqualified, despite its high Doppler component, is because its average RCS amplitude is similar to that of an insect or a bird, aka 'too low' to display. The radar system does not care if inside the radar beam echoes, there is one 'insect' or one million 'insects'. As long as the 'insect' have a certain amplitude, it is disqualified from further processing. But now, in order to detect the F-22, the system must remove the amplitude criteria and process all those one million 'insects' signals.

You are looking at a GLOBAL retrofit of all military radar systems, ground and airborne. Air forces that must import their defense may not benefit because their sellers may not want to give them that edge. Those that can retrofit, now must essentially redesign the entire avionics system, or at least %50 of the avionics package, of the variety of platforms they fly. Now we are looking at literally years of R/D and manufacture.

This is why what the RATT55 does is dangerous for our 'stealth' adversaries. And am not going further than that. Sorry. :enjoy:

Let me guess, RATT55 may be using different layers of atmosphere to bounce radar waves to the unexposed side and than try to make sense of the signals at their end.

At the end it all comes down to qualified manpower dedicated to the task, amount of resources allocated to the team to achieve the objectives and most likely of all, the computing power. This is what the Chip war is all about.

Considering Chinese supposedly leading the world in Quantum computing. They have no shortage of qualified engineering and scientists nor money. I wouldn’t discount anything they bring to the table. They might not be there right now, but they are progressing very fast.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom