J-10 Fighter Aircraft (2-Seat Model)

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
J-10 Fighter Aircraft (2-Seat Model)

20100530063022270-500x255.jpg

20100728094248863-500x315.jpg

20100728094248647-373x500.jpg

Whats the advantage of having the two small wings in front instead of back?

i m really confused about tail design its really out of box, very different than other s.
is there any soecific purpose for such different design , i mean have chinese designed it for better aerodynamics over conventional one or something?????

these are called canards which increases maneuverability of the aircraft.Unlike a conventional tailplane, a canard surface is trimmed to increase lift as speed increases. This equates to a negative coefficient for trim drag.Delta wing design like in j-10 increase performance at high altitudes

r we planning to induct the one-seat model or the two seat. i hope its the 2 seater, puts less burden on the pilot

r we planning to induct the one-seat model or the two seat. i hope its the 2 seater, puts less burden on the pilot

Id go for one seater.
It would be all fine as long as the ground control is pretty helpful.

In a two seater, there might be some communication problems, like a SAM chasing you, and the navigator instructs the pilots what to do, and the pilot helplessly obeys, as he doesnt know from where it exactly is coming.

Dillema in such situiation is a dead end.

Sometimes, or rarely, the two pilots might even have a arguement. Anything is possible in political world.

Last edited:
j10's' is twin seeter trainer version of j10'a'

training , maybe SAEAD/DEAD missions

you can see it here at 0.41 timestamp

video by yours truly :enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
i see your point, but its the same thing in a one seater aircraft. isnt it being directed by the ground control. one seater would have been fine if our pilots relied on american tactics i.e. mission is given to pilot and pilot gets a free hand in the air. while our pilots rely heavily on the ground control which can easily be jammed by electronic warfare drones. In a 2 seater aircraft, communication cannot be jammed cause the person is sitting right behind you

To add to mani 2020's post the basic purpose of installing canards is to optimize the supersonic performance of aircraft. Cuz at supersonic speeds the drag is gets so intense as it passes over wings and body towards the back of airplane that the rudders at the back of the plane can not be operated and get sort of jammed which implies that an aircraft can not maneuver at supersonic speeds . With canard being placed in front of the airframe this problem was solved and thus aircraft with canards can maneuver even at supersonic speeds

Back
Top Bottom