What's new

Italy to send marines back to India

"There have been very intensive diplomatic contacts between Italy and India during the last 24 hours," foreign ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin said.

Details of the negotiations have not been disclosed but Akbaruddin told Reuters that India and Italy had an agreement under which convicted prisoners could serve jail time in their home countries.
:woot:

So they return to India as guests of the Italian embassy. Go through a show trial and return to Italy. By then the election is over and Sonia wins again!

Wasn't pre- meditated murder either.

With all respect - none of you civilians understand and never would understand how soldiers think and act. They're trained to make split second decisions - no go "uhhhhh why is he zooming towards us" ... You're not ALLOWED nor can you afford to think things through so much - in the heat of the moment.

Maybe that's not good enough and you still want to drink their blood and lob nukes at Milan and Rome :-)laugh:) but its important that this point be made

World is getting more civilised. Civilian life is not that much cheap now-a-days. This case is the SIGN.

btw, nobody want to drink Italian soldier's blood and nuke Italiy. If you exaggerate things with your emotion, your argument will lose its credibility.

I never claimed that they would be arrested; only that they will stay in the Italian Embassy.

Actually, this is a clear win for India. Since there is an agreement that they won't face the death penalty, it clearly indicates that Italy has agreed to let the Indian SC try them under Indian laws. The fact that they are staying in the Italian Embassy is just a charade to fool the Italian public.

I think you got it now. Wish @HongWu does to..The bit about them staying in their embassy is because charges yet need to be filed and a special court needs to be formed for the hearing. The return and the climbdown from demanding an international jusrisdiction is victory enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I just love the dung on the face of those who were mocking India. They are trying hard to clean it up.

Here is some tissues. If they want more then our Chinese friends may bulk order from their factories.

Supply_Virgin_Toilet_Tissue_Mother_Rolls_in.jpg

You ................ Talking logic :omghaha:

Why not suggest your nuke Diplomacy and your mega ton nukes :lol:

Fact is those marines who were caught of the coast of Kerala needs to be tried based on the allegations, it is not yet clear whether they were in waters which comes under jurisdiction.

"There have been very intensive diplomatic contacts between Italy and India during the last 24 hours," foreign ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin said.

Details of the negotiations have not been disclosed but Akbaruddin told Reuters that India and Italy had an agreement under which convicted prisoners could serve jail time in their home countries.
:woot:

So they return to India as guests of the Italian embassy. Go through a show trial and return to Italy. By then the election is over and Sonia wins again!

No, but the voices that were shouting for that to happen got nuked into oblivion, when the Italian marines returned meekly on the appointed day at the appointed place in front of lady justice, and humbly submitted themselves to the supreme court of India.

I could not thank you enough for the analysis you gave on the situation wrt to what the law says :tup:

Anyways, they did nuke.

Not India but sorely some sorry ***** :lol: Even without giving a statement :rofl:

Wow! I just love the dung on the face of those who were mocking India. They are trying hard to clean it up.

Here is some tissues. If they want more then our Chinese friends may bulk order from their factories.

Supply_Virgin_Toilet_Tissue_Mother_Rolls_in.jpg

To what you portrayed as a tissue is in fact a non archival newsprint used for Newspapers.

the only thing i see in this thread is couple of dumb kids have their mouths shut off for good :woot:

Strange how you juxtapose a maritime encounter in which faces can't even be made out completely versus an on the ground situation were a 15 year old with a stone screaming "go back" to occupation forces

What i find funny is that you keep trying to act like you're speaking from a point of neutrality while making biased comments at every turn...

The two situations are actually quite similar from the point of making a knee jerk reaction...
In fact Ill go as far as saying that our soldiers in Kashmir have a more valid reason to shoot those pelting stones in Kashmir since to begin with...the crowd is throwing stones to actually hurt or even kill soldiers if possible...its an act of aggression...which obviously has to be dealt with based on the soldiers survival instinct as claimed by you..and not to forget the fact that its a law and order situation that is dealt with as needed...if some idiots die in the process..their fault for breaking the law.

In the case of the marines...unless the fisherman were brandishing weapons or shooting at the boat or the marines...its hard to justify the killing of fisherman simply based on "threat perception" and suspicion that the marines had..

And at any rate, CPRF cowards are never held accountable and are given a free hand

any misconduct is investigated and dealt with...please dont act like the judge and jury...you're in no position to..

Forget diplomacy for a few seconds and look at it from the perspective of a marine who is already on edge looking for pirates in troubled waters.
I'm just being the devils advocate here. Then again I wouldn't expect people who've been civilians their whole lives who've never even been in a combat or potential combat situation when nerves are on edge and instincts preclude deep thinking

Its surprising that you think that survival instinct only exists among soldiers....courage, bravery, instincts and "kaleja" is not a monopoly of soldiers...so please drop this line of argument..
Isnt the term "professional" given to soldiers because they are trained to face and deal with nerve racking situations?
You're not exactly glorifying the term...

since Indian fishermen are disadvantaged to be mistaken as Somalian pirates then the govt/coast guard should brief these fishermen to carry something that can be identifiable

There is no need for that...our coastguard and navy has been quite adept at dealing with piracy....especially close to Indian waters...
i for one do think this is a one of incidence....sad, but an anomaly

A mutually agreed upon marking on the dingy/vessel or a flag of some sort.

I believe all fishing boats are registered with the coast guard..

Back
Top Bottom