What's new

Italy to send marines back to India

Doesnt matter.... according to Pak law and Sharia... if the family of victims accept blood money than the culprit can be released.

Well, according to Indian law, you can't simply throw money for an evil crime, and absolve yourself of any further penalty. It means that in Pakistan, murdering someone is legal, if you are prepared to pay a fine. Europeans once believed that if a rich man pays a large sum of money to the catholic church, their sins will be forgiven, in a period that is aptly called the "dark ages". But in most places, the dark ages have been swept away. The realization that such a system lets rich people get away with sins, but not poor people was used during the protestant reformation, to attack the church.

So if in these modern times, Pakistan believes that a rich man who can afford to dole out some money to the family he just shattered can escape any punishment, then you have some serious moral questions to ponder. To give credit to them, most Pakistanis on the forum (as far as I can tell) are strongly against that, and feel that people like Raymond davies should not get away with murder. You seem to be ok with the whole "blood money" thing.

it's an accident why Italy send them back who cares it's accident these is fouls trial if a soldier go to trial for a accident that is really suck

in Tunisia we had a accident 2011 or 2012 i don"t recall it was Tunisian navy ship hit a boat of illegal immigrants and the navy say was accident but the families don't believe it and they say Tunisian navy ship hit them deliberately and until now nothing done about it so accident happens no need for trials

No offences mate but India ain't Tunisia and India bow down in front of none other than its own constitution.

No offences mate but India ain't Tunisia and India bow down in front of none other than its own constitution.
even we don't bow to no one but Allah

Maybe they thought that. Still has to be argued in court (assuming jurisdiction issue holds up)

they can find a political solution
not ruin soldiers life

maybe they thought that is a pirate boat
this happens example Tunisian navy shoot unknown boats

They will have to explain how they came to that determination. It is a judgement that has taken away the lives of two young fishermen, who went out to earn a livelihood for their families, and never came back. So they will have to give strong reasonings and evidence to a court to prove that the judgement was justified. If they claim that the fishing boat made hostile moves, they will have to explain what sort of hostile maneuvers a small fishing boat can make against a 58,000 tonne tanker. And then furnish evidence that the boat in question did those maneuvers against the tanker in question.

Failing to come up with a good explanation backed by evidence, they will be have to be punished by a court that has jurisdiction. If it is not the supreme court, then any other competent authority. It's only fair. It's only just.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they thought that is a pirate boat
this happens example Tunisian navy shoot unknown boats

There are certain rules of engagement in such cases.If the pirate attack happens within territorial waters, the ship captain cannot take matters on his own hands but depends on the navy of the country guarding that coast.Civilian Vessels should not engage unless fired upon, or given specific permission to conduct law enforcement missions within their waters(These are very clear rules).In these case all these rules of engagement were blatantly violated and resulted in the death of two of our civilians. We are not a banana republic,we will not accept such behavior.That's why they were put in trial on homicide charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are certain rules of engagement in such cases.If the pirate attack happens within territorial waters, the ship captain cannot take matters on his own hands but depends on the navy of the country guarding that coast.Civilian Vessels should not engage unless fired upon, or given specific permission to conduct law enforcement missions within their waters(These are very clear rules).In these case all these rules of engagement were blatantly violated and resulted in the death of two of our civilians. We are not a banana republic,we will not accept such behavior.That's why they were put in trial.
the rules in Tunisia ( 1st say stop 3 times 2nd if he don't stop fire 3 shots in air 3rd shoot him ) but i don't know Italian rules

the rules in Tunisia ( 1st say stop 3 times 2nd if he don't stop fire 3 shots in air 3rd shoot him ) but i don't know Italian rules

Well then even according to Tunisian law, these marines are guilty. Because they did NOT fire any warning shots.

According to the international law up to 24 nautical miles (44 km; 28 mi) from the shores of a Sovereign nation is considered to be its Contiguous zone and within which that state can exert its laws and regulations.So if a foreign ship attacks our citizens with in that territory we have the right to take legal action.That's what happened in this case.These are very cases,but I am sure your country will take similar action under situations like this.

According to the international law up to 24 nautical miles (44 km; 28 mi) from the shores of a Sovereign nation is considered to be its Contiguous zone and within which that state can exert its laws and regulations.So if a foreign ship attacks our citizens with in that territory we have the right to take legal action.That's what happened in this case.These are very cases,but I am sure your country will take similar action under situations like this.

i don't think Tunisian low will allow soldiers in civilian ship to enter Tunisia

i don't think Tunisian low will allow soldiers in civilian ship to enter Tunisia

Hmm,The use of armed guards on ships remains a live issue in International level.Many international ports have taken a particularly hard line against weapons on board ships.I suppose Tunisia is no exception.There is however anecdotal evidence of ships taking armed guards on board for journeys through the Gulf of Aden which subsequently have to dump weapons overboard prior to landing in a port hostile to the principle of weapons being carried on board ships.Considering the threat of piracy we can't really blame them.

Seems that indian govt could care less about some poor nameless expendable fishermen they only cared about pre election politics and muscle flexing. It's comical though it is very understandable. Indians, as we tend to observe under microscope here on this forum, are highly emotional people. This case has stirred up a lot of emotions obviously

Maybe they thought that. Still has to be argued in court (assuming jurisdiction issue holds up)

Wasn't pre- meditated murder either.

With all respect - none of you civilians understand and never would understand how soldiers think and act. They're trained to make split second decisions - no go "uhhhhh why is he zooming towards us" ... You're not ALLOWED nor can you afford to think things through so much - in the heat of the moment.

Maybe that's not good enough and you still want to drink their blood and lob nukes at Milan and Rome :-)laugh:) but its important that this point be made

Back
Top Bottom