What's new

Italy announces 627 coronavirus deaths in 24 hours

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
For those idiots who think Coronavirus has been running rampant in the US since 2019 this death toll would have been happening months ago. Remember there were only 29 dead in Italy on March 1st with only a couple of deaths a day. Look how quickly things can get out of control in a span of less than 3 weeks.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news...0-intl-hnk/h_6489650d4ae8d865c505bc36c138b1ea

The number of coronavirus cases in Italy has reached 47,021, the Italian Civil Protection Agency said Friday.

There have been 627 coronavirus-related deaths in 24 hours.

So far, 4,032 people in Italy have died from the disease.

italy has badly failed,their health care seems worst in world and their govt should resign

italy has badly failed,their health care seems worst in world and their govt should resign

Pakistan's life expectancy is 66 years. About the same for India. Average age of those who died in Italy due to corona virus is 79.5 years. So basically, the people who are dying there now would have died 15 years earlier had they been born in our part of the world. We don't have a high number of deaths due to the virus because the people most affected by the virus are already dead. Sierra Leone probably has 0 deaths due to cancer, that's because most people die before 50 there.

Pakistan's life expectancy is 66 years. About the same for India. Average age of those who died in Italy due to corona virus is 79.5 years. So basically, the people who are dying there now would have died 15 years earlier had they been born in our part of the world. We don't have a high number of deaths due to the virus because the people most affected by the virus are already dead.

Interesting perspective ....

I would also add, Pakistani immune system is more robust due to rampant diseases that Corona Sharona has no impact ! :) .... Everytime I go to Pakistan and eat out... I fall ill... But my Pakistani natives chug along like a bulldozer...

I would also add, Pakistani immune system is more robust due to rampant diseases that Corona Sharona has no impact ! :) .... Everytime I go to Pakistan and eat out... I fall ill... But my Pakistani natives chug along like a bulldozer...

Yes, that might also be part of the reason. We do have higher immunity than westerners, however, it is unclear to what extent it has an effect on viruses. Sure, you might be able to eat a chapli kebab cooked in 10 days old greasy dark oil, made by a kebab shop which lies next to a sewer, using raw meat mix covered with flies, the sort of stuff that will kill a white person :lol:, but that being said, those type of things make you immune to bacterial infections. This virus attacks lungs. It might actually turn out that our lungs are weaker than westerners due to constant air pollution and high smoking rates.

Best of luck to the Italians. They will come out of this menace soon. Best wishes from Pakistan.

Italian may end up creating a society that is immune of coronavirus after this mess hopefully disappear. With fast transmission capability and how interconnected the world has become, I think it is quite difficult to stop the virus spreading. Look at China, after zero local infection case they still get coronavirus new case from imported ones.

Pakistan's life expectancy is 66 years. About the same for India. Average age of those who died in Italy due to corona virus is 79.5 years. So basically, the people who are dying there now would have died 15 years earlier had they been born in our part of the world. We don't have a high number of deaths due to the virus because the people most affected by the virus are already dead. Sierra Leone probably has 0 deaths due to cancer, that's because most people die before 50 there.

Not really, developing country life expectancies are influenced much more by infant mortality and child mortality skewing the average down.

Once a person survives childhood, their life expectancy generally goes well into the 70s or even 80s.

i personally experienced it.
it took me a month or so to get back to that level.//:bounce:

@BlackMamba93 @Clutch
italians live in apartments and in tall buildings. They are extremely fond of going to bar/pub/dining etc so that caused a fast spread disease.. Sicilians live 100 years etc due to their good diets.. olives, boiled pasta, vegies, meat etc..
Pak/India may get worse. Any new virus is different. Immune system only can fight of same type or same virus if infected,,, in both countries simple bacteria and virus is 'super' bug now. Emoxil doesn't work in Pakistan. Arthrosin is past tense.. heck augmentin doesn't work here now.. so If crona is of same type then we may be save else not..

Italy has a world biggest elderly population.

No wonder if the death toll is higher than the rest of the world.

If untreated, roughly 20% of the patients will eventually go into critical conditions, and without intensive medical care, the survive rate at critical conditions is pretty low, the untreated fatal rate should be 15% or so instead of 1%.

And in China, studies found, to treat one critical-condition patient it takes 6-7 medical professionals and expensive medical treatments, on average it cost about equal to 100,000 US dollar per critical-condition patient in China, it can easily overpower one country's public health system.

The Italy's fatal case is approaching 10%, which means the virus has overpowered the system.
To avoid that situation, its crucial to spot and isolate the virus-carriers at early stage, and that's require massive tests for the public, and putting a mask definitely helps.​

Italy should give their patients the existing drugs that have worked in China and South Korea. Give them to critically ill patients that have only hours left to live. It’s their only hope. Western bureaucracy is too slow to react to rapidly changing situations. This is a total failure of Western political system and economic system.

Back
Top Bottom