What's new

It will take a long time for Pakistan to start behaving: PM Modi on surgical strikes

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the Indian Army Special Forces' commandos, who conducted the 2016 surgical strikes across the Line of Control (LoC), were told to come back before sunrise, irrespective of the mission's success.

Speaking to news agency ANI, Modi said the date of the attack was changed twice, keeping in mind the safety and security of the troops.

"I gave clear orders that whether you get success or failure, don't think about that but come back before sunrise. Don't fall for the lure and prolong it (the operation)," he said.

The surgical strikes were carried out days after a terrorist attack on an Army camp in Kashmir's Uri had killed 20 soldiers. Modi said the surgical strikes were carried out because "rage" was building inside him and within the Army after the attack.

Responding to whether the objective of the strikes was achieved, Modi said he will not like to discuss the topic in public domain.

"Ek ladai se Pakistan sudhar jayega, yeh sochne mein bahut badi galti hogi. Pakistan ko sudarne mein abhi aur samay lagega (It will be a big mistake to think that Pakistan will start behaving after one fight. It will take a long time for Pakistan to start behaving)," Modi said.

"I knew it was a big risk. I never care about any political risk to me. the biggest consideration for me was the safety of our soldiers," Modi told ANI, adding that he was "anxious" the entire night, while he was keeping a tab on the operations, and things became "extremely difficult" when live information stopped flowing for about one hour in the morning.

Modi said the politicisation of the surgical strikes was done by the Opposition and not the government.

"An Army officer apprised the nation (India) of the operation... But it is unfortunate for the country that the same day, leaders of some parties raised doubts over the strikes," Modi told ANI.

"It was necessary for Pakistan to speak like this (to deny), to keep their morale intact. But what Pakistan was saying, was being said here too. To lend weight to their views, they were citing the Pakistani version. Politicisation started from that point," he added.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/t...-on-uri-attacks-surgical-strikes-3344151.html

Those Accusing Me In Rafale Deal Are Weakening Indian Security Forces: PM Modi

15463453805c2b5ba48ab5b.jpeg

Prime Minister Modi said that those leveling allegations on him are actually weakening the Indian security forces. He added that in spite of allegations from the Congress in the Rafale deal, he will continue to expedite the procurement process in defence so that country’s security is not compromised.

“Those people who want to weaken the Army are leveling allegations. Should I worry that they are making personal attacks on me, or whether my country’s needs should be met? I decided that whatever abuses are hurled at me, whatever allegations are leveled against me, I will continue on the path of honesty and give primacy to the country’s security. I won’t leave my Army jawans merely to their fate. Whatever be their requirement, I will expedite the procurement processes. I will do it even if allegations are leveled me,” Mr Modi said in response to allegations of corruption in the Rafale jet purchase deal.

When asked why he was silent on the Congress accusation of crony capitalism and alleged favouring of Anil Ambani in the Rafale deal, Mr Modi replied, “This is not an allegation against me personally, but an allegation against my government. If there is any allegation against me personally, let them dig who gave what, when and where and to whom.”

“In Parliament, I have spoken elaborately on this and whichever public forum I got, I spoke about this. The matter has been cleared even by the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court scrutinised it threadbare. The French President has spoken. ..Media should have the courage to ask (the Congress) where is the evidence for these allegations? Don’t throw muck and run away…. They (Congress) are not able to give any real evidence, just keep talking. Unko yeh bolne ki beemari hai toh mujhe kya baar baar ussi me ulajhna chahiye kya (If they have this problem of talking about it then should I too get entangled in it),” he added.

The Prime Minister said that there should be debate in the country on why controversies have been created over defence deals since Independence and on need for middlemen in defence purchases.

“Why controversies have been created over defence deals since Independence and our forces weakened. Who is doing it? What is the reason? Also, what is the need for middlemen in the defence deals? Can’t defence deal not be done without middlemen? Had Make in India been initiated 70 years back, the malai khane wala raasta from outside would have been closed. My crime is that I am trying to Make In India. My crime is that whatever our defence forces need, that should be made in India, so that dealings outside the country end. I am trying to get technology transfer,” Prime Minister said. The Prime Minister sought to dispel the Congress allegation that the purchase would harm his Make in India initiative.

Congress president Rahul Gandhi has accused Prime Minister Modi of favouring Anil Ambani’s Reliance group in the Rafale deal by pushing Dassault Aviation to have a tie up with it through an offset clause, an allegation denied vehemently by both the Indian government and Dassault

True, many more measures and surgical strike will follow if Modi cpmes back. Next will blocking of Indian share of water.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the Indian Army Special Forces' commandos, who conducted the 2016 surgical strikes across the Line of Control (LoC), were told to come back before sunrise, irrespective of the mission's success.

Speaking to news agency ANI, Modi said the date of the attack was changed twice, keeping in mind the safety and security of the troops.

"I gave clear orders that whether you get success or failure, don't think about that but come back before sunrise. Don't fall for the lure and prolong it (the operation)," he said.

The surgical strikes were carried out days after a terrorist attack on an Army camp in Kashmir's Uri had killed 20 soldiers. Modi said the surgical strikes were carried out because "rage" was building inside him and within the Army after the attack.

Responding to whether the objective of the strikes was achieved, Modi said he will not like to discuss the topic in public domain.

"Ek ladai se Pakistan sudhar jayega, yeh sochne mein bahut badi galti hogi. Pakistan ko sudarne mein abhi aur samay lagega (It will be a big mistake to think that Pakistan will start behaving after one fight. It will take a long time for Pakistan to start behaving)," Modi said.

"I knew it was a big risk. I never care about any political risk to me. the biggest consideration for me was the safety of our soldiers," Modi told ANI, adding that he was "anxious" the entire night, while he was keeping a tab on the operations, and things became "extremely difficult" when live information stopped flowing for about one hour in the morning.

Modi said the politicisation of the surgical strikes was done by the Opposition and not the government.

"An Army officer apprised the nation (India) of the operation... But it is unfortunate for the country that the same day, leaders of some parties raised doubts over the strikes," Modi told ANI.

"It was necessary for Pakistan to speak like this (to deny), to keep their morale intact. But what Pakistan was saying, was being said here too. To lend weight to their views, they were citing the Pakistani version. Politicisation started from that point," he added.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/t...-on-uri-attacks-surgical-strikes-3344151.html

buhhhhaaaahhaha! Randi Rona!

@SunilM maybe u need to look at yr own country and its state of affairs first and on top of it your a member of yr enemy country's defence forum and trying to post threads and even trying to swing the debate for yr own country's agenda? look at post#2 here....

And shows you the independence and maturity of our system and your system, while our judiciary is hearing the cases abt DHA and Eden Housing Scheme, what is yr judiciary doing? Post#2 here tells a lot about your country and where it is heading towards ie a heaven for Oligarchy.

Rajiv Ambani would be laughing is *** off at yr judiciary.

True, many more measures and surgical strike will follow if Modi cpmes back. Next will blocking of Indian share of water.
still. modi ji sab ko proofs dikha dijiye or sab ka mu band karwa dijiye . avind kejriwal .
apni opposition ko to mana lo bhai :D

"It will take a LONG time before Pakistan starts behaving"..........a VERY telling statement. This is a CLEAR message from modi that the "surgical strikes" NEVER took place and that india CANNOT in NO way do ANYTHING to Pakistan.

Last edited:
What a Lodu

what was the point of surgical strike o wise one ?

show that small dick of yours across the border ?

Back
Top Bottom