What's new

It may be Modi Vs Rahul in 2014 elections

Congress will not field rahul against Namo that is for sure, it may be madam sonia or somebody else and not Manmohan

The Congi Nehru scion is a dimwit, the Italian gene has f@cked up the clans DNA, a NAMO - Rahul face off would be a biggest blunder the congis can think of. - What say? @jbt90.

Quite frankly BJP has no candidate. It lost the elections after the 2002 massacres conducted by it and each time the question of candidates comes in, this massacre has to be evaluated. Modi butchered Muslims, Vajpayee and Advani sat and watched.

Others are not Hindu enough. Some are too Hindu. BJP has lost the previous elections just because there was no choice but to vote for congress.

From Pakistan's perspective a stupid Hindu fundamentalist party is more preferred than a cunning secular one like the Congress. Pakistan was dealing with India just fine under Vajpayee, but since the Congress has come in, India has remained 2 steps in front of Pakistan in all our political meanderings.

I fully support a dumbass from BJP to become your next leader.

I very reluctantly have to agree with the congi's Pakistan policy vis a vis BJP's, but then, Present day necesssities require more governance to the home front and in that department, the congis suck big time - they are failing at every level and to bring Indian economy back to speed we require Modi's magic touch - Pakistan is not a concern owing to its very weak internal situation.

Out of interest, not because I know much about Indian politics..., but correct me if I'm wrong, the recent elections in Karnataka for example were surprisingly (at least for me) clear wins for the congress although the opponents tried to influence with Modi in election rallys and advertisements. That again shows that elections won't be won by specific persons, but by parties right?
So no matter how many people like Modi today and how weak the possible candidates of the Congress might look like today in comparison, the key for the election remains which party and which coalitions is the most promising one!

So what makes the Modi supporters here think, that his party and their possible coalition partners would be better for India, without the personal preference for him or any other person? Can somebody tell me what policies these parties stand for and what major changes would come if they were elected?

Similarly, to the MMS / Rahul / Congress supporters, what changes from the current policies and what improvements from the current mistakes and failures (scams, inflation, Maoists) can we expect from the party, without the personal preference for any person?

Out of interest, not because I know much about Indian politics..., but correct me if I'm wrong, the recent elections in Karnataka for example were surprisingly (at least for me) clear wins for the congress although the opponents tried to influence with Modi in election rallys and advertisements. That again shows that elections won't be won by specific persons, but by parties right?
@sancho, wanna correct you here, Karnataka was as it is a lost battle for BJP as the local govt. was accused of Massive corruption, while Modi toured Karnataka for just few days, he could have hardly made a difference to what the people of Karnataka has been seeing for last 5 years.

So there was no question of Modi being a game changer here as people of Karnataka have rejected local govt. there & not Modi or any other personality.

So no matter how many people like Modi today and how weak the possible candidates of the Congress might look like today in comparison, the key for the election remains which party and which coalitions is the most promising one!

Yes, you can say that, but Modi is still the factor in 2014 elections as predicted by some polls:

2014 Indian Elections Predictions-Survey-Opinion-Exit Polls-Results: Headlines Today C-Voter Survey: Narendra Modi is NDA's Trump Card for 2014 Lok Sabha Polls

So what makes the Modi supporters here think, that his party and their possible coalition partners would be better for India, without the personal preference for him or any other person? Can somebody tell me what policies these parties stand for and what major changes would come if they were elected?

Actually, Policy wise Both Congress & BJP are same, it's just that BJP is more towards the RIGHT side of Political Spectrum than Congress.

I & Many others have issues with the way the UPA govt. functions - Two Power centers, weak leadership provided by MMS, PM doesn't speak even when greatest scams are unearthed by CAG or other bodies....

This is where Modi comes in, if he becomes PM, he will make sure that the BUCK STOPS WITH him only.

Hope that answers your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Similarly, to the MMS / Rahul / Congress supporters, what changes from the current policies and what improvements from the current mistakes and failures (scams, inflation, Maoists) can we expect from the party, without the personal preference for any person?

Hi Sancho -

Its not easy for both BJP(NDA) and Congress(UPA) to get full majority in 2014. Currently Congress rules 19 states I belive and BJP way less than that. In 2014 the regional parties will play a big role in creating the government.

The fanboys can cry Modi (I also want him) but ground reality says its difficult for even Modi and its not coming easy.

To answer your question what Modi can bring to India, I can give you my personal openion .
You are aware that apart from politics, India is grappeled by idiotic beurocracy. Modi is one person who can control the beurocracy. I think thats good enough for me.

Hi Sancho -

Its not easy for both BJP(NDA) and Congress(UPA) to get full majority in 2014. Currently Congress rules 19 states I belive and BJP way less than that. In 2014 the regional parties will play a big role in creating the government.

The fanboys can cry Modi (I also want him) but ground reality says its difficult for even Modi and its not coming easy.

To answer your question what Modi can bring to India, I can give you my personal openion .
You are aware that apart from politics, India is grappeled by idiotic beurocracy. Modi is one person who can control the beurocracy. I think thats good enough for me.

Then let the Army do a favour for us and seize power for NaMo. That way traitors cannot use democracy as a weapon against those who want change for the better.. :D

Hi Sancho -

Then let the Army do a favour for us and seize power for NaMo. That way traitors cannot use democracy as a weapon against those who want change for the better.. :D

Bro keep your fingures crossed. In 2014 I can predict some real politics is on the cards:). The game has already started with Advani, Nitish.....Namo will have a tough time:(

India is not that lucky.

I can not see Modi being nominated as PM candidate, I hope I am wrong.

@sancho, wanna correct you here, Karnataka was as it is a lost battle for BJP as the local govt. was accused of Massive corruption, while Modi toured Karnataka for just few days, he could have hardly made a difference to what the people of Karnataka has been seeing for last 5 years.

And still, as we all know the scams of the congress party on the national level had a big impact on public opinion, just like the possible candidacy of Modi right? However, the surprising part of that election was the clear win although all the bad views currently for the congress and all the good views for Modi, so there was no effect from this and the result was even worse than possibly expected by the BJP right?

Yes, you can say that, but Modi is still the factor in 2014 elections as predicted by some polls

Of course he will be, since too many people vote according to their preference to a certain person and not according to the policies of the party or the coalition he stands for. That's why I am asking here mainly about the policies of the parties and not the possible PM candidates, because no matter what they say today, when elected they are dependent on party politics, coalition contracts and deals as we have seen in the 2nd MMS /UPA term as well.

Hi Sancho -

Yes, that's what I am up to! So apart from the congress vs BJP, or MMS/Rahul vs Modi hype, which coalition partners might be the deciding once and what do they stand for generally?

Just trying to figure out what really will be important in the election and what the results or the differences might be after the election, even in congress gets re-elected, since they would have some new partners with own demands as well.

And still, as we all know the scams of the congress party on the national level had a big impact on public opinion, just like the possible candidacy of Modi right? However, the surprising part of that election was the clear win although all the bad views currently for the congress and all the good views for Modi, so there was no effect from this and the result was even worse than possibly expected by the BJP right?
@sancho You are comparing apples & oranges here.......

People vote in assembly elections according to the Local State Politics, while they vote for General Elections according to the national Politics.

That is why Congress became the second largest party in 2009 GE in UP with 22 seats out of 80 ------> more than 1/4th seats.

& the same Congress was nowhere to seen in the 2012 UP assembly elections, getting only 27 seats out of about 400 ---> ONLY 6.7%.

The anger against congress is on NATIONAL level, whose effect will be seen in National Elections.

Infact, The Karnataka elections are a lesson to Congress itself, that People of India will no more accept BS in Governance.

Message is loud & clear -----> EITHER PERFORM OR PERISH.

Yes, that's what I am up to! So apart from the congress vs BJP, or MMS/Rahul vs Modi hype, which coalition partners might be the deciding once and what do they stand for generally?Just trying to figure out what really will be important in the election and what the results or the differences might be after the election, even in congress gets re-elected, since they would have some new partners with own demands as well.

You Rrrreally cant predict that:), I wish I could. There is a talk going for a 3rd front. They are Bihar(Nitish), Bengal(mamta) and Odisha(Naveen). These are neither Congress nor BJP. I am sure about Bihar and Odisha not giving vote to Congress and BJP too. Bengal will be a deciding factor and BJP might grab some votes if they play their cards well.

Karnataka - even the people have voted Congress for the assembley elections, but my network says BJP will grab quite a few seats for 2014.

Tamilnadu - Jaylalitha the CM is a BJP supporter and old NDA ally.

It is Utter pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, and NE states, that will be a major factor in 2014. If BJP cracks 40% of seats in each of these states, they have a very good chance.

India is not that lucky.

I can not see Modi being nominated as PM candidate, I hope I am wrong.

No, you're not wrong

You really have gotten a flair for the dramatic nowadays

Back
Top Bottom